FF2 [Plugin] Boss Selection

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2012 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake669 View Post
Too fix this you need to put blocked characters at the end.

So blocked characters are femspy_duo and seeldier (unless you have made custom duo bosses).

so for example:

Always make sure bosses that are blocked and in a duo are at the end, otherwise say if seeldier was the second boss on the list, he would be selectable on the second boss in the menu's list even though it says gentlespy_duo.
This must only occur if you have two or more blocked bosses, then, as it doesn't happen with just Seeldier in my experience.
Old 05-03-2012 , 20:26   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #12

mhm i suppose so, when it was just seeldier for me it wasn't a problem, but with femspyduo thrown in i had to put the companion characters at the end so it wouldn't goof up the selection menu.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2012 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtastique View Post
mhm i suppose so, when it was just seeldier for me it wasn't a problem, but with femspyduo thrown in i had to put the companion characters at the end so it wouldn't goof up the selection menu.
I just looked at ff2_boss_selection.sp. I saw some room for improvement, so here's a new version.

What it does: Saves the boss name rather than tries to figure out the boss number.

This short-circuits a whole world of hurt where we're adjusting boss numbers based on the menu number and number of blocked bosses.

NOTE: This is completely untested! Use at your own risk!

Edit (2012/07/11): This has been tested for like two months now and it appears to work just fine.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_boss_selection.sp - 158 views - 3.1 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_boss_selection.smx (5.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 05-03-2012 , 23:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I just looked at ff2_boss_selection.sp. I saw some room for improvement, so here's a new version.

What it does: Saves the boss name rather than tries to figure out the boss number.

This short-circuits a whole world of hurt where we're adjusting boss numbers based on the menu number and number of blocked bosses.

danke powerlord, ff2 will probably be next so i'll throw it on the server, rearrange the character list to have companion bosses in the middle and ask people if the menu is still wacky.
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2012 , 00:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:

I was noticing the original version did not select the bosses on the second page reliably.. I will test the new version... thanks!
jamtastique
Old 05-04-2012 , 01:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #16

tested!

seeldier and femspyduo didn't show up in the list, nor did any selections derp out (like picking demopan only for it to say "you have selected femspy!") so yay!

wish freddy didn't crash the later versions though. he's a fave among many so i rolled it back to 1.04 for now.
Old 06-12-2012 , 11:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #17

Code:
L 06/10/2012 - 23:24:43: Error log file session closed.
L 06/11/2012 - 09:49:49: SourceMod error session started
L 06/11/2012 - 09:49:49: Info (map "vsh_poletaa") (file "errors_20120611.log")
L 06/11/2012 - 09:49:49: [SM] Native "GetUserAdmin" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 06/11/2012 - 09:49:49: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freaks\ff2_boss_selection.ff2":
L 06/11/2012 - 09:49:49: [SM]   [0]  Line 77, ff2_boss_selection.sp::Command_SetMyBoss()
L 06/11/2012 - 09:49:49: [SM]   [1]  Line 68, ff2_boss_selection.sp::Timer_FF2Panel2()
L 06/11/2012 - 10:19:22: Error log file session closed.
Anyone having that on the error logs for the Boss Selection Sub-plugin?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2012 , 15:23   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #18

Speaking of new FF2 things, here's a new version of ff2_boss_selection that I hope to ship (disabled) with the next version of FF2.

Installation:
Put the .smx in your plugins folder.
Put the .txt in your translations folder (it's the same as the previous version).

Changes:
The old ff2_boss_foradmins cvar is gone now. Instead, it has a ff2_boss command override. A command override gives you much more flexibility... before, you either had this command available to everyone or to anyone who had the generic admin flag. Now, you can assign it to flag "a" (reserve slot holders) or any other flag you want without having to recompile the plugin.

It's also a bit smarter about displaying the boss selection menu to people... it also shows the boss selection menu sooner into the current round instead of waiting 20 seconds.

Oh, and did I mention it fixes the invalid client warning posted a few pages back?

As with everything I've posted recently, it needs testing.

ff2_boss_selection.txt goes in your translations directory.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_boss_selection.sp - 295 views - 3.7 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_boss_selection.smx (4.9 KB, 328 views)
File Type: txt ff2_boss_selection.txt (175 Bytes, 349 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-30-2012 at 16:00.
babaj
Old 07-21-2012 , 04:36   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Speaking of new FF2 things, here's a new version of ff2_boss_selection that I hope to ship (disabled) with the next version of FF2.

The old ff2_boss_foradmins cvar is gone now. Instead, it has a ff2_boss command override. A command override gives you much more flexibility... before, you either had this command available to everyone or to anyone who had the generic admin flag. Now, you can assign it to flag "a" (reserve slot holders) or any other flag you want without having to recompile the plugin.

It's also a bit smarter about displaying the boss selection menu to people... it also shows the boss selection menu sooner into the current round instead of waiting 20 seconds.

Oh, and did I mention it fixes the invalid client warning posted a few pages back?

As with everything I've posted recently, it needs testing.

tell me I did the right thing to admins only?

PS Thank you for all your fixes))
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freak_fortress_2.sp - 174 views - 168.3 KB)
Elvin1396
Old 08-18-2012 , 03:16   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
somehow I can not get CBS working.

brutal_sniper_hale.cfg

in characters.cfg:
"Freak Fortress 2"
{
"1" "brutal_sniper_hale"
}

Download worked. In-game I get = Failed name =.
The model is not showing up, no sounds, no class change.
For me, the models downloaded, but when I try to set it via /ff2boss, where his name is supposed to be, its just blank, and when I choose it, when I get set to a random boss. When I try to set him via /ff2_special, I get boss not found. Any ideas?