Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S

Post New Thread Reply   

Sen66
Old 03-10-2018 , 12:38   Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #1

Hey there,
I want to compile MM:S myself and run it on my servers. It compiles without problems but when I want to load it on my server it creates a "metamod-fatal.log" file with the following content:
Detected engine 11 but could not find GetVspBridge callback
I tried googling and searching what causes this error but I give up...

I appreciate any help,
Sen66

EDIT:
It have been editing the plugin myself to get an error message why exactly it does not load. it seems it can't find something:
metamod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: GetVspBridge
I compiled everything with the instructions on the wiki and my plugin I compiled has 1771KB and the official one from metamod has only 351 KB.

Last edited by Sen66; 03-10-2018 at 16:11.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 03-10-2018 , 21:52   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #2

What did you do to build MM:S?
Sen66
Old 03-11-2018 , 07:39   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
What did you do to build MM:S?
I followed these instructions for sourcemod:
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Building_SourceMod
But instead of compiling sourcemod I compiled mmsource-1.10 (I think that was the name). I used the same commands basically, made a build folder, used python ../configure.py, and did ambuild. I also tried only producing a csgo library by speciyfing -s csgo but doesnt work either.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 03-11-2018 , 11:21   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #4

I built from freshly cloned repos and it loaded for me without issue. Are you using master? Can you clean out your build directory and attach the output from configure and ambuild?
Sen66
Old 03-11-2018 , 14:29   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
I built from freshly cloned repos and it loaded for me without issue. Are you using master? Can you clean out your build directory and attach the output from configure and ambuild?
"Are you using master?"
I have gotten the repositories via git clone --recursive https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod
I dont think thats the master one.
I looked through the build directory for some build log but couldnt find any so I attached a log of what I typed into the console and what the server outputed. If you want any log file, please tell me where it is located.

Regards,
Sen66
Attached Files
File Type: log console.log (28.6 KB, 170 views)
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2018 , 15:51   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen66 View Post
"Are you using master?"
I have gotten the repositories via git clone --recursive https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod
I dont think thats the master one.
I looked through the build directory for some build log but couldnt find any so I attached a log of what I typed into the console and what the server outputed. If you want any log file, please tell me where it is located.

Regards,
Sen66
AMBuild only outputs to the console, if you want a build log, you need to redirect both stdout and stderr to a file.
Old 03-12-2018 , 02:35   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #7

"master" is the default branch name for git. Doing "git clone --recursive https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod" isn't going to get you the MM:S repo at all. SM's checkout-deps script will clone the 1.10 branch (which I tried just to check and it loaded fine for me).

Since it appears to be building fine, off the top of my head, I don't know what's wrong. Assuming our builds load on your server, you'll have to provide more info on what's different with your build environment.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-12-2018 , 07:52   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #8

There are some known issues with AMBuild, GCC, and shared libraries - try a build with Clang:
CC=clang CXX=clang++ python ../configure.py -s csgo

Last edited by asherkin; 03-12-2018 at 07:52.
Fyren
Old 03-12-2018 , 18:04   Re: Unable to load plugin, selfcompiled MM:S
Reply With Quote #9

With gcc 6.4 and 7.2, master works for me. The 1.10 branch is missing some changes that would be required for gcc.