Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Freeze Tag

Post New Thread Reply   

TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 17:29   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #31

Some other bugs:
-Players do not die from falls (eg. if you jump to your death on koth_nucleus, or any other map with a huge fall you will not die). That leads me to believe trigger_hurt is not functioning. You still get fall damage from normal jumps though.
-
Confirmed: if you kill a frozen player (in that one second before he dissapears), the server crashes.

I guess thats all we can do for now.

EDIT: I just realized we were playing on KOTH maps, and when the public version of freezetag was released it did not exist yet. This might be one of the reasons. I will test this on a CP map ASAP.

Last edited by TheSilencer; 10-18-2010 at 17:36.
Snowden42
Old 10-18-2010 , 17:36   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #32

From our play testing, it seemed:

1. Trigger Hurt seems to be broken. We were on Koth_Nucleus, and when we fell, we lost no health. Something seems to be broken.

2. Player models disappear when frozen. This pretty much speaks for itself. Silencer's description is pretty accurate.

3. When a player respawns after being frozen, if they are fired upon soon after, the server crashes. I'm not sure what's causing this exactly.

I'm wondering if it's possible you could just take advantage of the freezebomb functions. It seems like it would be pretty advantageous, although I really don't know how easy it'd be. Freezebomb functions pretty similarly to the ideal mechanics of this gamemode (freezing temporarily, sound effects, color changes).
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #33

I recorded me playing the current version of freezetag.

I apologize for the lag, broadcasting + 150 ping isnt a good idea

http://www.livestream.com/gamefondle...edium=ui-thumb
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 18:23   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #34

Oh man awesome. I wish u guys were here over the weekend when I spent so much time on it hehe.

I'll check out trigger_hurt. I hook the damage for the client and apply my own logic, so it's probably a flaw in there. I think I have the flame thrower issue fixed. I'm at work right now so I cannot test at all.

Thanks so much for the video that is REALLY helpful. It's so weird, when I ran the plugin it worked flawlessly really. I even noticed the glass break sound didn't happen. Also, when I play I dont have a death cam.

Can you test on a PL or CTF map? Perhaps thats the issue with the REALLY weird behavior.

And believe me when I say I'm not abandoning this I'll keep plugging along to get this working.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 18:37   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #35

I looked at freezebomb and it's definitely what the original plugin used as a starting point. However, we're unique (me and the original plugin) from freezebomb for the fact that we don't SET it on a player manually, we try to detect death and set it.

Some snags I ran into in the first version I recreated was that you cannot determine how much damage is actually done to the player before it happens. You can only detect a base damage before any crit, weapon, armor, or class modifiers are applied to the damage. This resulted in me having to not try and predetermine when the player would die and intercept, but instead to react of when the player did in fact die and apply logic like instant respawn and freeze.

Regarding the spawn, I cannot trigger a spawn and apply the freeze logic to the player right away. It just simply doesn't work. I have to create a timer for like 0.01 seconds in the future and apply the freeze logic (color no move etc).

It will just take time to get this all right and working.
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #36

Take all the time you need. I will test this on a CTF server like you requested and report back

Can you add me on steam? The username is TEHSILENCER.

Tested on PL ... no go... maybe there's something wrong on my server or something conflicting?

Last edited by TheSilencer; 10-18-2010 at 18:58.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 19:06   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #37

I'm heading home now so I can double check my server... Weird though.

Is your server linux? Check your error log for any problems and make sure the latest SDK hooks and gamedata are installed.
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 19:41   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I'm heading home now so I can double check my server... Weird though.

Is your server linux? Check your error log for any problems and make sure the latest SDK hooks and gamedata are installed.
Ah, I have to check if SDK hooks is working.

I will do that stuff tomorrow I have to go... but I will take a look
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 19:46   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #39

ALSO, you will need a sourcemod that was updated for the last patch which killed many TF2 offsets, so the tf2 gamedata could be out of date. That was causing bugs on my server when I first started the plugin because something like removing the spy disguise when he was frozen stoped the code from running and would create weird states for the player.
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 21:48   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
ALSO, you will need a sourcemod that was updated for the last patch which killed many TF2 offsets, so the tf2 gamedata could be out of date. That was causing bugs on my server when I first started the plugin because something like removing the spy disguise when he was frozen stoped the code from running and would create weird states for the player.
Got it!

Updated SDKHooks, sourcemod and checked the gamedata. Going to see how the plugin performs tomorrow!