Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 22:24   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
shadows causing problems eg. one hat can cast a shadow on whole map.
yes, i had that problem with latest version, but went to 1.10 and was fine.
Old 08-11-2009 , 23:03   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #242

With the new hats that are coming out, the need for client prefs has become larger since there are multiple hats for each class. Antithasys knows how to code client prefs but he is gone for a while, you can use his code as an example though!

MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-12-2009 , 02:04   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #243

might be a good idea to bzip em' if you are worried about download size

Alot of them look great Zuko. Thanks a bunch!

I decided to only keep a few of them since most of them are rather gaudy, but most of them create lots of lag for players so I feel kinda guilty about wearing them. I've decided not to until the lighting can be fixed on them.

The ones in the rss-custom folder originally like sonic, mario, luigi, samus, valkerie and monocle are lag-free. A few of the better harmless ones that are also lag free I'm going to hang onto are Groucho, Hoodie, etc etc....

I just wish the Soldier (shoulder?) pad was lag-free. It looks really awesome, but putting just 1 on seems to lag some of the players and I dont want people thinking my server is laggy so I cant use them.
Old 08-12-2009 , 02:25   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #244

People, I'm very positive the problem should lie within the hats and not the actual plugin. While porting some of Daimao's hats to my server, I noticed (through the use of the SourceSDK model viewer) some of them are aren't in the correct position or even angles, perhaps due the decompiling process.

Did you guys have any trouble with the standard ones, or even the Sonic, Mario or Luigi ones?

I'd like if you posted screenshots of any of these issues, because for the ones I did by myself I didn't get any issue with them.
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-12-2009 , 03:21   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damizean View Post
People, I'm very positive the problem should lie within the hats and not the actual plugin. While porting some of Daimao's hats to my server, I noticed (through the use of the SourceSDK model viewer) some of them are aren't in the correct position or even angles, perhaps due the decompiling process.

Did you guys have any trouble with the standard ones, or even the Sonic, Mario or Luigi ones?

I'd like if you posted screenshots of any of these issues, because for the ones I did by myself I didn't get any issue with them.
Yeah agreed. The players who get lag from all the other models have no problem whenever I use the mario, luigi, valk, samus and monocle hats...

Trouble is I dont know the right way to do this. If you could make a guide on how you ported the first four I would be really grateful.
Old 08-12-2009 , 08:53   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:

it seems like you might be right there, since i've had no problems with fps or lag with the models you've created.

also, how would i go about bzip'ing the models?
Onedda
Old 08-12-2009 , 12:57   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #247

Hello

A quick question, When i installed the Vader hat i got an error in bog words on the character?

is there a quick step by step guide on how to install the new hats?

sorry for being thick.

Cheers
Onedda
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2009 , 13:41   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #248

Maybe this has all ready be hit on...can't remember..but something to do with lighting? Isn't there some dev console command to test lighting etc? Phong?
Greg_Sucks
Old 08-12-2009 , 20:28   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #249

Just wondering, but I put this plugin on my server (it's really, really awesome), and I was wondering if there was a way to equip a certain hat on yourself through the console. So, a user could bind a key to putting some specific hat on. Is this possible? Or maybe one to put a random hat on. Might be too much to ask, but just a thought.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2009 , 20:45   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.2 (08/08/09)
Reply With Quote #250

Quote:

I'm going to agree with damizean. It's the hats, not the plugin. Now to just make all these hats so they work properly.