12% 

Winning Team Restriction

Post New Thread Reply   

Laplace
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-28-2010 , 09:31   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #11

Hi,

i'm running a CSS server with the weapon_restrict plugin and want to use it together with the wt_restrict plugin - but I dont know how to handle the "interface" to weapon_restrict plugin, i tried:

Code:
// Enable / Disable plugin
sm_wt_restrict_enable 1

// Offset of score, that one team may have more than the other before restriction becomes active
sm_wt_offset 5

// Command that resets all restrictions to off. Called each mapchange to get a defined state of restriction
sm_restrict_cmd_unrestrict_all "sm_restrict_awp_t \"1\"; sm_restrict_awp_ct \"1\"; sm_restrict_sg550_t \"1\"; sm_restrict_sg550_ct \"1\"; sm_restrict_g3sg1_t \"1\"; sm_restrict_g3sg1_ct \"1\""

// Command to activate restrictions on terrorist team
sm_restrict_cmd_t "sm_restrict_awp_t \"0\"; sm_restrict_sg550_t \"0\"; sm_restrict_g3sg1_t \"0\""

// Command to activate restrictions on counter-terrorist team
sm_restrict_cmd_ct "sm_restrict_awp_ct \"0\"; sm_restrict_sg550_ct \"0\"; sm_restrict_g3sg1_ct \"0\""

// command to disable restrictions on terrorist team
sm_unrestrict_cmd_t "sm_restrict_awp_t \"1\"; sm_restrict_sg550_t \"1\"; sm_restrict_g3sg1_t \"1\""

// command to disable restrictions on counter-terrorist team
sm_unrestrict_cmd_ct "sm_restrict_awp_ct \"1\"; sm_restrict_sg550_ct \"1\"; sm_restrict_g3sg1_ct \"1\""
because according weapon_restrict documentation is a command like

Code:
// Restrict/Unrestrict -1 unrestricts awp for ct
// -
// Default: "-1"
sm_restrict_awp_ct "1"
... but it does not work without or with the quotes \". When i type sm_wtrestrict_status in the client console i get the correct status, so the plugin is working but does not execute the restriction commands, or theres a syntax mistake in my config file. Any hints?

Greetz
Laplace
Send a message via ICQ to Laplace
Laplace
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-29-2010 , 17:41   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #12

nobody an idea?

Greetz
Laplace
red!
Old 09-13-2010 , 18:29   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #13

You did not really try to get behind the idea of the plugin nor did you read any of the documentation. Please start reading the first posts ...
Laplace
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-13-2010 , 19:00   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #14

Hello red!,
thank you for your answer. I think i read the documentation and as far as i understood i need a second plugin to restrict the weapons. I use the weapon_restrict plugin for this stuff, and this plugin is working fine for me.
Now I want to restrict awe and autosniper for the winning team when a difference of more than 5 wins is between the teams. So i set ...

Code:
sm_wt_offset 5
To handle the weapon restriction i tried ...

Code:
sm_restrict_cmd_t "sm_restrict_awp_t 0; sm_restrict_sg550_t 0;sm_restrict_g3sg1_t 0"
... but it does not restrict the weapons. Or did i something missunderstand under "winning team restriction" ... maybe your plugin is making coffee?

Regards,
Laplace
red!
Old 09-13-2010 , 19:29   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #15

Ok, maybe I got you wrong. Sorry for that.

For me the plugin works fine with CSS, so I am sure it survived the orange-box update. Did you check the logfile for anything related to this plugin?

And do me a favour and try the command sm_wtrestrict_status from the server console. If the plugin is running correctly it should give a hint about what the plugin thinks about its state ...
Laplace
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-26-2010 , 04:45   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #16

Hi red!,

today I found the time to analyze the behaviour. As you already mentioned I tried:
Quote:
sm_wtrestrict_status
[wt_restrict] ct score 9, restriction 0, t score 18, restriction 1
After a check of the cvar sm_restrict_cmd_ct the Server returned

Quote:
"sm_restrict_cmd_ct" = "sm_restrict_awp_ct"
but it should be:

Quote:
"sm_restrict_cmd_ct" = "sm_restrict_awp_ct 0;sm_restrict_sg550_ct 0"
I set the cvars within the postwarmup.cfg of the weapon_restrict plugin, this does not to work - all cvar are cutted at the first space character. Now as workaround i added ...

Quote:
AutoExecConfig(true, "plugin.wt_restrict");

in OnPluginStart() to create and load an own config file for your plugin. After compile and reload it works as expected - thx a lot for this plugin.
Maybe you also can add the line in your release.

Greetings
Laplace
sidjamesbond
Old 01-16-2011 , 01:06   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #17

so the 2 plugins this is based off of are dis-approved? does that mean this should be dis-approved? post 1 says this is not a stand alone plugin but does not say what additional plugin is needed.
Laplace
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-16-2011 , 04:48   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #18

Hi,
no it should not be dis-approved because it works fine together with the weapon restrict plugin.

Best Regards,
Laplace
red!
Old 01-17-2011 , 02:37   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidjamesbond View Post
so the 2 plugins this is based off of are dis-approved? does that mean this should be dis-approved? post 1 says this is not a stand alone plugin but does not say what additional plugin is needed.
This plugin is designed to call any console command, if the winning team condition changes. The above usage examples are just what I called them: Examples. Use it with every restriction plugin you like.
sidjamesbond
Old 01-18-2011 , 07:37   Re: Winning Team Restriction
Reply With Quote #20

ok, cool! it was just confusing to me (noob) as to what plugins it would work for on the first post. thanks!