Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Rifleman
Old 04-29-2009 , 21:20   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.2 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #11

Would it be possible to set the number of melee's before fatigue?
Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-29-2009 , 21:51   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.2 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #12

Not as of now, but I can give a try in the next few days to see if I can come up with a decent way to do it.

In the mean time, another small update in less than 24 hours, haha:

04/30/09: Updated to 1.0.3.

Added vote management (extracted the piece of code from my clan's server plugin) and a cvar for the admin to control if the players are able to vote on the melee fatigue.
Send a message via AIM to Damizean Send a message via MSN to Damizean
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2009 , 02:23   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #13

That disabled the melee fatigue completely. Thank you! There is always a possibilite you can switch back to the first version if you don't like it. Some people are just running arround and melee spams in the air to protect themselves. If fatigue would be enabled in the air they can't do these things. I will go for your latest one. This is how the game was meant to be played from the begining.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2009 , 03:50   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
This is how the game was meant to be played from the begining.
Yeah, the developers certainly don't know how the game was meant to be played.

I support mods and plugins doing whatever people want to do to a game, but statements like this just make me :facepalm: so hard.

Last edited by msleeper; 04-30-2009 at 04:59.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2009 , 08:23   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
but statements like this just make me :facepalm: so hard.
Have I ever asked for your opinion? I take that as sarcasm if you where trying to make me look bad.

Damizean, in any of your further updates, could it be possible to add two new cvars? I have freinds who likes the fatigue in versus but hates it in survival. What if you could let admins decide if it should be enabled/disabled on the 2 gamemodes.
sm_l4d_versus_meleefatigue 0 //Enables/Disables Melee Fatigue for Versus
sm_l4d_survival_meleefatigue 0// Enables/Disables Melee Fatigue for Survival
cpt.abort
Old 04-30-2009 , 23:16   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Good work, very nice find.

Once again I very kindly request that any admin running these type of plugins, please remove your server from the Lobby system. Many players are unhappy when they find a public server that is modded to change how the game works. Keep gameplay mods to your private servers please.

Just because you're an asshat to some people I am leaving my server public (Survival L8D NoReload !Tankbuster) Now everyone will get Gold Medals muhahahaha

P.S.: I hope people who get mad at joining modded servers join by the masses. I think I will add this plugin too!
danielsumi
Old 05-01-2009 , 07:52   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.abort View Post
Just because you're an asshat to some people I am leaving my server public (Survival L8D NoReload !Tankbuster) Now everyone will get Gold Medals muhahahaha

P.S.: I hope people who get mad at joining modded servers join by the masses. I think I will add this plugin too!
Uh?
0detox0
Old 05-01-2009 , 15:42   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #18

Ya, someone slap that stupid FAK. Its not like we can hide our servers douche if we want to play with people.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY! People who join the server an its modded glory LOVE the mods. I personally run the mirror damage for friendly fire. Stops idiots from coming in an ruining a game by killing someone. All they do is kill them selves. Then when their down, an I know btw who griefed because they did the most damage an are always on the ground first. I PERM BAN them, pick up the bot, then heal him. Like it never happend. OOO tear tear for the newbs.

With the Mirror damage plugin I also run FF hit or something like that. It basically lets you see who hit you, where they hit you, an how many times they hit you. It will also tell you who you hit. This is helpful so you can make people back up as you are shooting them in the back an losing 10 HP because some idiot doesn't hold his back button.

I also, run vote manager which locks the whole voting system from the noobs. This means they cant change the map after losing on level 4 an reset the scores. They cannot restart the map either. "Access denied" They can however kick people (which can be disabled), but I can also veto all votes.

Now I shall add melee fataigue an host as many games as possible publically an try to keep my server going 247 just to piss of MSleeper the aka AssHat. I will hope to add tons more plugins like I had before the updates. Get things the way they were. I swear......

LEFT 4 DEAD was better on 1. freaking 0! Until the developers started listening to all the newbie complaints. Its like they didn't even hear what the people who have logged 200 hours in one week have to say.

I WANT MY FIRE HUNTERS BACK TO YOU ASSHOLES ! SUCK ON IT
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2009 , 17:54   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #19

Wow, you guys are unbelievable.

Anyway, again good work to the author.
Old 05-01-2009 , 22:40   Re: [L4D] Melee fatigue 1.0.3 (DLC-Update compatible)
Reply With Quote #20

nice plugin