Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

ayaizafri
Old 05-19-2020 , 18:30   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Yeah just look for those settings inside abm.cfg and change their values.

If you want to temporarily change cvars in-game, make sure you have access to the sm_cvar command and then you can do something like this:

sm_cvar abm_minplayers 5

If you need to learn about admin commands, you can start here: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_Commands_(SourceMod)
Thank you man, really appreciate it ))

Last question, after I change those settings, the 5th player should just connect to the server by connect “ip” right? And is there a way for me to invite them by lobby? I rented a server hosting
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2020 , 18:57   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaizafri View Post
Thank you man, really appreciate it ))

Last question, after I change those settings, the 5th player should just connect to the server by connect “ip” right? And is there a way for me to invite them by lobby? I rented a server hosting
Based on personal experience, changing the value of those settings will not prevent nor allow more than 4 players to join the server. Your server would need to have more than 4 slots to let others join. If you have 5 slots on the server and you keep "abm_minplayers" at 4 and "abm_extraplayers" at 0, then the 5th player would just be stuck in spectator. The 5th+ player would have to connect via IP or main menu. Aside from an 8-lobby slots mod I've seen floating around before, there's no other way to invite more than 4 players to a coop lobby.

I won't go in-depth with how to set up your server to allow more than 4 players, so you'll have to research all that on your own. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2020 , 19:27   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #453

This version is working just fine on several servers. Zoey fixes removed as she works now. Tank stuff gone too. Identity fix and coop extra bot spawning - great plugin. Kruffty, Larinator, and others run this one. Shoot, no .sp. Look for version 0.1.96.
Alex101192
Old 05-26-2020 , 16:02   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #454

In matches with more than 4 survivors players are able to quit and join back to respawn with 100 hp. The check this plugin has only applies to dead players. If you have 10 hp and you rejoin back you respawn with 100hp no problem. I spoke with the author and he does not give a damn about this. Superversus works good instead.

Just writing this here cause for some ambiguous reason no one here in the comments ever mentioned this gamebrekaing exploit. Even now in the most recent comments.
Sout12
Old 06-20-2020 , 16:54   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #455

Would it be possible to make the cvar "abm_autohard 1" to spawn the same amount of specials based on the current alive survivors instead as the whole team count?
Shadowysn
Old 09-25-2020 , 00:37   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #456

Here's the gamedata of ABM with fixed TakeoverZombieBot signature for The Last Stand update.

Put it into sourcemod/gamedata and replace if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt abm.txt (3.3 KB, 585 views)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DragShot
Old 09-25-2020 , 22:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #457

Thanks for the update, Shadow. It works fine.

I've been trying this plugin after the update, and I've noticed it clashes with Left 4 100. While L4100 itself works, it seems to be unable to prevent special infected from spawning. This didn't happen with Superversus.

Another little complaint I have is that the plugin keeps asking me about my team on join, but I guess that's because I'm an admin.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-25-2020 , 22:29   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragShot View Post
I've been trying this plugin after the update, and I've noticed it clashes with Left 4 100. While L4100 itself works, it seems to be unable to prevent special infected from spawning. This didn't happen with Superversus.
That's strange since ABM doesn't seem to modify "director_no_specials" cvar. Can you verify the value is "1" when using both together? That's what L4100 uses to prevent specials from spawning.
Old 09-25-2020 , 22:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
That's strange since ABM doesn't seem to modify "director_no_specials" cvar. Can you verify the value is "1" when using both together? That's what L4100 uses to prevent specials from spawning.
I tried it again. The cvar is correctly set to 1, and at first the game played normally with no special infected, but halfway on the map the SI started appearing as if l4100 wasn't enabled.

Quote:
Another little complaint I have is that the plugin keeps asking me about my team on join, but I guess that's because I'm an admin.
Uh, the plugin seems to show that prompt to everyone, not just me. On top of that, infected players always get the same SI on respawn. Since I usually host co-op games, I don't like this at all.

Guess I'll have to try some luck with Superversus after all. Hopefully it doesn't use any more signatures than ABM does, so maybe copying the updated `TakeoverZombieBot` sig will prevent any errors from happening.
Shadowysn
Old 09-25-2020 , 23:17   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
Oh, really?
There's a cvar called abm_joinmenu. Set it to 0 to stop the prompts.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 09-25-2020 at 23:18.