Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Barrell Hunt Mod for CSS [REQ]

Post New Thread Reply   

greenstar
Old 04-23-2009 , 22:22   Barrell Hunt Mod for CSS [REQ]
Reply With Quote #1

I have seen this mod for Zombie Panic Source!, but I can't find it anywhere. As well, I have never seen anything like this for counter-strike. If you find this mod's website and/or author please let me know so I can get in contact.

Pretty much the maps are covered in barrells, and the terrorists all have the exact barrell as a skin. There's limited guns and ammo around and the barrells can only knife. As soon as a barrell "kills" a ct it would respawn as a barrell, making it harder and harder. Also, to make it a little more fun, CT's have 200 health. Furthermore, there are random respawn locations for the new "barrells."

I think a cool addon for this would be for the mod to look at the layout of the map and auto spawn the barrells instead of having to engineer completely new maps for it and to change it up.

Is it possible to make this mod? I could compensate with 25-35 bucks for a finished product that runs smoothly.

Different cvar ideas:
bhunt_cthealth: (def 200) Amount of hunter health.
bhunt_thealth: (def 600) Amount of barrell health
bhunt_trespawns: (def 30) Number of barrell respawns before hunter's win
bhunt_trespawntime: (def 12) Respawn wait time after death
bhunt_forcebarrells: (def 1) Populate the map with randomly place barrells
bhunt_forcebarrells_amount: (default 250) Number of barrells to populate the server with
bhunt_staticbarrells: To make all real barrells unmovable, unbreakable, and standing straight up
bh_weaponmode: 1 to place 1.5 times the number of weapons , 2 to have weapons randomly placed around the map (one clip of ammo each)
bh_weaponamount: if bhunt_weaponmode is set to "2" this will specify the number of guns/grenades
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This version of the mod would be best, as people could play it on thier favortie maps. An alternative, however, could be for bhunt maps to be made with static barrels so that all we would have to do is set up the resapwns, weapon drops, and set the t skins to barrels permanently. The downside to this is that there are no maps and it would be less likely to draw players in having only one that never changes.

If you are interested please shoot me a reply or email me at [email protected].

Last edited by greenstar; 04-27-2009 at 09:15. Reason: added "[req]" to thread name
greenstar
Old 04-27-2009 , 09:14   Re: Barrell Hunt Mod for CS
Reply With Quote #2

[bump]

I still think this would make a great CSS mod. Anyone interested?
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-27-2009 , 09:26   Re: Barrell Hunt Mod for CSS [REQ]
Reply With Quote #3

Looks like Hide'n'seek

For developers: Colors library
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
greenstar
Old 04-27-2009 , 10:07   Re: Barrell Hunt Mod for CSS [REQ]
Reply With Quote #4

no, it feels a bit like zombie mod, but the fact that the t's all blend in with the barrels is what makes it more fun. And the limited ammo. Plus there's killing instead of finding. you have to be really sneaky as a barrell and really careful as a ct.