Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Custom MenuStyle, Colored Menu Panels

Post New Thread Reply   

Zorutan
Old 06-14-2022 , 07:05   Custom MenuStyle, Colored Menu Panels
Reply With Quote #1

Yo

So I've got the bright idea to change the colors of my side-panel menu, but immediately found out it's not so simple.
Searching the entire internet, there didn't seem to be a single person who ever even attempted to change the colors of said in-game popup menus.
Then, I found out that these menus have a property "MenuStyle" and thought that may be the solution, but alas, yet again not a single soul in existence ever tried making their own MenuStyle.
But then I noticed on the AlliedMods wiki that MenuStyles are "(IMenuStyle in C++)". But yet again no luck, barely any results and the result that is related to SourceMod seems to just be how it's done in SourceMod.
I found SourceMod SDK documentation which has some things about reading in style, but if I read things correctly it doesn't seem like color can be changed anywhere there either.

TL;DR: Is it possible to change the colors of the Menu API's panel menus? I am looking to do it specifically in TF2, but the Menu API seems fairly universal across source games.