Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner (with SQL support)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
MaximusBrood
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2006 , 15:34   Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner (with SQL support)
Reply With Quote #1

Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner (with SQL support) Version 1.5
by MaximusBrood

Description:

This plugin allows you to create spawnpoints, on which Xmas presents or Eastereggs will drop every round.
You can also just drop the presents on command, while being alive or in spectator mode.
With CS there is a money reward, all other mods have to do it without, although Lt. Llama made a modification of my original easteregg mod.

Defines:

Code:
#define EASTER
#define XMAS
Comment one of the two lines, depending on which time of the year you currently are.

Code:
#define USING_CSTRIKE
Comment this if you are not serving CS, or if you don't want to enable the cstrike module.
Presents will not yield money if you comment it.

Code:
#define USING_DATABASE
Uncomment this if you want the number of presents collected stored in a database.
You also need to fill in all the DATABASE_ defines.
It's currently not possible to use the database functionality without having USING_CSTRIKE enabled.
(The PHP webpages will be posted shortly)

You will have to add the table manually, this is the layout:

Code:
CREATE TABLE `presentStats` (
  `authid` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `rank` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `presentAmount` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `moneyAmount` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`authid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Commands:

amx_spawnpresent - Spawn a present at your current location with a 2,5 sec delay.
fillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfiYou can do this when you are spectator too!

amx_removepresents - Remove all presents on the map.

amx_addpresentspawnpoint - This command will add you current location to a file with spawnpoints.
fillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillf iffFrom then on, every new round, three eggs (default) will fall from that spot.

Cvar's:

sv_presentamount - Amount of presents that will fall from a spawnpoint every round (default is 3)

sv_removepresents - Controls whether to remove all presents before spawning new ones at a new round.
fillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfillfiff This is recommended. If you don't turn this option on, the map will quickly become a mess. (default is 1)

Required Modules:
  • Engine
  • Cstrike (only when having money as reward)
  • SQLx (only when having the database option on)

About the downloads:

You can see two versions of the plugin to download, but in fact, they are both the same.
The only difference is that presentsSpawnerSQL.sma has "#define USING_DATABASE" uncommented, while presentsSpawner.sma has not.

Special TFC Version:

Lt Llama made a very nice modification on my original easteregg plugin, this is for Team Fortress Classic only.
You can find that modification here: http://www.euroskillz.eu/amxmodx/chr.../christmas.zip

Notes:
  • You need 2 models for xmas and 5 models for easter, they are all in the zip. Make sure you got them in your models folder.
  • Also make sure there is an empty folder called presents in your amxmodx/data folder.
    The spawns won't work without the folder ready.
  • You need the language file provided in the zip, I will post a request for translations later.
  • A lot of spawnfiles for various maps already exist. If you don't like them, just delete all files in the addons/amxmodx/data/presents folder.
  • This is a total rewrite of the old (easter-only) plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip presentsSpawner.zip (316.7 KB, 4675 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (presentsSpawner.sma - 5751 views - 18.4 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (presentsSpawnerSQL.sma - 4084 views - 18.2 KB)

Last edited by MaximusBrood; 04-05-2007 at 14:58.
MaximusBrood
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2006 , 15:34   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #2

Presents spawner with SQL stats!

As an extra I integrated my presents plugin with a MySQL database, this is the result:

General info about the Easter contest
Top 10 of the best collecting players on Gotjuice

The PHP sourcecode will be uploaded soon.

Last edited by MaximusBrood; 04-04-2007 at 17:18.
Deviance
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2006 , 16:14   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #3

Two words: Frikking sweet!
Lt Llama
Old 12-18-2006 , 16:34   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #4

I can only concur .
I was almost ready to start CS when I saw this plugin, but i restrained myself ;). I was thinking of something similar, and came to the plugins depository to look if there was anything in there. I found MaximumBroods plugin well written, and I began to chop it up and make it something he probably would be ashamed of having anything to do with . Well, anyway, christmas is christmas, and I was in a hurry, so if you want this for TFC and become a very popular admin, then download my version .

Here is the info you need if you are going to use the TFC version:

Code:
/* *  AMX Mod X script * *   TFC Modification of MaximumBroods Easteregg plugin * *   by Lt Llama * *  WHAT IS THIS? *  ==================== *   This is a modification for tfc of MaximumBroods easteregg plugin for CS *   which you can find here: <a href="http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=230526" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=230526</a>. *   CS has money, TFC has nothing, so what to give the TFC players in present? *   Only thing we could think of was custom models. *   So! Admins can with this plugin spawn christmas trees and presents. *   The trees are just eye candy but the presents give, when touched, a menu to chose *   some custom models from. Admins with rcon can also place spawn points so the trees *   an presents are spawned on map change. * *  INSTALLATION *  ============ *   - Download the models here: <a href="http://www.euroskillz.eu/amxmodx/christmas/christmas.zip" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">http://www.euroskillz.eu/amxmodx/chr.../christmas.zip</a> *   _ Put the player models in your tfc/player folder *   _ Put tree.mdl, present1.mdl and present2.mdl in your tfc/models folder. * *  SETTINGS YOU MAY CHANGE *  ======================= *   Change to whatever you like under "// Customizable globals" below and recompile. *   sv_eastereggamount = the amount of presents you want to spawn when amx_addspawnpoint is used *   sv_treeamount = the amount of trees you want to spawn when amx_addtreespawnpoint is used *   sv_removepresents = allows admins to remove all spawned trees and presents *   sv_newpresent = the time limit before someone can pick up a new present * *  USER COMMANDS *   amx_spawnpresent = spawn a present where you stand *   amx_spawntree = spawn a christmas tree where you stand *   amx_remove = remove all spawned stuff *   amx_addspawnpoint = add a spawn point for presents to config file *   amx_addtreespawnpoint = add a spawn point for christmas trees to config file */

If you want to see it in action then download this avi
http://files.filefront.com/Christmas...220;;/fileinfo.

Thanks again Max for implementing some of my corny stuff.

/Lt.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-18-2006 , 17:19   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #5

Very nice.

Approved.
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2006 , 15:58   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #6

I'll add this plugin to the Translation forum soon.
If you already want to provide translations, just PM me
BANNED
Old 12-18-2006 , 16:27   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusBrood View Post
You will have to donate (the equivalent of) 10 dollar to Amnesty International or Unicef.
If you donate I will provide the full Pawn and PHP source.
It is xmas after all.
OMG Very sweet of you

Nice plugin also!

(Would give you ) +Karma (if i could)
Old 12-18-2006, 17:34
SweatyBanana
This message has been deleted by Hawk552. Reason: obnoxiousness <-- is that a word?
fjollerik
Old 11-26-2008 , 15:18   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusBrood View Post
Presents spawner with SQL stats!

As an extra I integrated my presents plugin with a MySQL database, this is the result:

General info about the Easter contest
Top 10 of the best collecting players on Gotjuice

The PHP sourcecode will be uploaded soon.

So when are you gonna upload it?? its 2008 now...
If you dont wanna update your plugin any more.. then delete your "updates"
Alka
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-19-2006 , 16:09   Re: Xmas and Easter Presents Spawner
Reply With Quote #10

Gj......+karma