Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] gamemode_competitive_server.cfg overwrites start-up config

Post New Thread Reply   

byrkoet
Old 12-15-2014 , 17:26   [CS:GO] gamemode_competitive_server.cfg overwrites start-up config
Reply With Quote #1

The title says it for the most part, though to be precise: I have a specific config, csgo-server5.cfg, which is executed by the 5th instance of CS:GO, on start-up, with start-up parameter: +servercfgfile. Though it seems that the last config to be executed is: gamemode_competitive_server.cfg, which overwrites some very necessary cvars.

A solution would be to put the required cvars inside gamemode_competitive_server.cfg, but that would make it so that they are used by all instances, which I am trying to avoid (meaning csgo-server7 would also use those cvars, which it shouldn't have).

Basically I need help figuring out how to execute a config file which is specific to only one instance of a CS:GO server and won't be overwritten by late executed config file. I was thinking that there may be a plugin, which could help me out a bit.

I appreciate all the help I can get!
Fifty bengt
Old 12-21-2014 , 19:28   Re: [CS:GO] gamemode_competitive_server.cfg overwrites start-up config
Reply With Quote #2

Yeah any info to override the gamemode_lalalal would be great, It's getting confusing to edit both server.cfg + that one all the time.

(also interested)

Last edited by Fifty bengt; 12-21-2014 at 19:29.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-22-2014 , 13:08   Re: [CS:GO] gamemode_competitive_server.cfg overwrites start-up config
Reply With Quote #3

Are these all using the same gametype/gamemode set?

I ask because I was under the impression that gamemode_competitive_server.cfg would only execute for game_type 0 game_mode 1.

Side note: game_type 3 is the custom game type and as far as I can tell, doesn't set any cvars.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-22-2014 at 13:09.