12% 

Predator Mode

Post New Thread Reply   

haimmaik
Old 09-17-2007 , 12:43   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenberet View Post
register_forward is like register_event with the difference that it will be called when the engine tries to call the function "AddToFullpack" and not when a message will be sent to the client. so you only have to call register_forward and fakemeta will call your func_glowers function automatically
i see, so according to the code:
Code:
public plugin_init()  {      register_forward( FM_AddToFullPack    , "func_glowers", 1 ) }

and the function:
Code:
public func_glowers((es_handle,e,Entity,Client,hostflags,player,pSet) {   if(ispredator[Client]!=0 && Entity <= get_maxplayers())   return FMRES_IGNORED    switch(view[client])  {   case 1:    if(ispredator[Entity]==0)    {     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderMode, kRenderTransAlpha )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderFx, kRenderFxGlowShell )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderAmt, 255.0 )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderColor, HumanGlowColor )    } else    {     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderMode, kRenderTransAdd )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderFx, kRenderFxNone )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderAmt, 0.0 )    }   case 2:    if(ispredator[Entity]!=0)    {     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderMode, kRenderTransAlpha )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderFx, kRenderFxGlowShell )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderAmt, 255.0 )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderColor, PredGlowColor )    } else    {     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderMode, kRenderTransAdd )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderFx, kRenderFxNone )     set_es( es_handle, ES_RenderAmt, 0.0 )    }  }  return FMRES_HANDLED }

it should work ok (unless i did something wrong)
but i get few compile errors:
Code:
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(233) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(233) : error 017: undefined symbol "es_handle"
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(235) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(236) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(238) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(240) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(241) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(247) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(253) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(254) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(260) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(267) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(1599) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "HumanGlowColor"
/home/groups/amxmodx/tmp3/phpnSbN4M.sma(1599) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "PredGlowColor"

12 Errors.
Could not locate output file /home/groups/amxmodx/public_html/websc3/phpnSbN4M.amx (compile failed).
Greenberet
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 09-17-2007 , 13:04   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #242

Code:
public func_glowers((es_handle,e,Entity,Client,hostflags,player,pSet)
delete one the 2 '('
Old 09-18-2007 , 10:13   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #243

OMG im so stupid how didnt i c it?!
thanks

now it compiles well... but when i play with it...
its just lowerin the FPS (on the special views) badly and i c no differance of view

Last edited by haimmaik; 09-18-2007 at 12:30.
MattOG
Old 09-21-2007 , 01:48   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #244

Ignore this, being dumb..... read below instead.

+Karma If I helped

Last edited by MattOG; 09-23-2007 at 08:58.
haimmaik
Old 09-21-2007 , 08:49   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #245

I dont really understand the problem... u say that, when u are predator and u kill some1, the server thinks he suicided and give him -1 kills?

also tell me which version of predator mod u use? lite or normal?

just played alittle with the lite version... scoring is good...
may give the victim -1 but when the next round begin it fixes his score to +1.. so basically no bug..
i ended map with 20 kills and 3 deaths
3 bots who played with me had score of
0:40

Last edited by haimmaik; 09-21-2007 at 09:53.
MattOG
Old 09-22-2007 , 17:42   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #246

ok, it's not quite as I thought, if you don't choose a predator when u can, then do it in spec, you can fire plasma as a spectator.
Also, if you wait for 1 round, and then choose it as you spawn, you get another menu up straight away as the kills aren't taken untill you die, but the menu stays, so you can choose again when u die. it takes the kills off you a second time and u then end up on minus numbers.

Secondly, is it possible to add it to give people x amount of kills for killing a predator??

thanks. Matt.

+Karma If I helped

Last edited by MattOG; 09-23-2007 at 04:47.
s3r
Old 09-23-2007 , 13:38   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #247

How about predator hunting aliens(models for them) and claw model should be changed to original predators stick
haimmaik
Old 09-24-2007 , 14:49   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #248

I fixed the bug of the spectator predator menu... and scoring works well...
the command for changing the frags u get are:

//admin_frags_plasma [number]
//admin_frags_knife [number]

first 1 decides how many frags u get for plasma kill
second 1 decides how many frags u get for knife kill (headshot knife is an extra point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3r View Post
How about predator hunting aliens(models for them) and claw model should be changed to original predators stick
i dont understand what u mean, please try to explain urself more clearly.
soda
BANNED
Old 09-24-2007 , 22:37   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #249

i just installed this mod on my rented server, and i really do like it but one thing...i get super hard lagg as soon as i become a predator.... like 250-500 is there any reason for this?? i have instal all model for predator mod.... all 4.

it works fine just i get helllllla lag as soon as i become a predator. any i deas???? thanks in advance.
haimmaik
Old 09-25-2007 , 09:54   Re: Predator Mode
Reply With Quote #250

Probably because people are trying to connect and they have to download around 6mb each from ur server...
try using the light version and see if it helps or lock the server only for ppl who u know that already have the mod files on the computer

if it happens only when u become a predator then im not sure what the problem is since it works fine for me...
try to increase the predator vision time
admin_view_predator [number] (default 0.4) to a higher value like 0.5 or 0.6..

but i really suggest u use the lite version since its has more bugs fixed and less files to download...
colors of the predators doesnt really matter cuz they'r invisable anyway ;)

Last edited by haimmaik; 09-25-2007 at 09:56.