Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.1.0, 01/13/14)

Post New Thread Reply   

tdlab
Old 11-09-2013 , 16:40   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #31

I have a suggestion, it should be simple for someone who knows what they're doing, but I for one, don't. Could you add a command like !guns and it opens sm_guns? Also, would it be possible to not have to press esc to open the menu, perhaps an ingame gui popup?
tdlab
Old 11-09-2013 , 16:41   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Brown001 View Post
I recommend you try again with the newest version of the weapon menu. Aside from the mix-up with the weapon menu ini, it does fix a lot of things.

** Edit **

I changed the copy of the weapon menu ini that the original post has. I renamed it to what is needed inside the plugin. The next update I do I will change it inside the plugin itself. I found a very minor glitch inside the code so far, and that will also be fixed with the next update. I can almost promise you will never see the glitch in game, but all the same, needs to be fixed. I want to say I will be able to push an update by tomorrow. If not by tomorrow, sometime mid-week then.
Thanks again for this, and would there be any way to set what rank has permissions for this? i.e users need rank level 'a' or something?
Leon370
Old 11-11-2013 , 21:50   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #33

Have any method to add explosives and health items ? how ?
NakashimaMakota
Old 11-11-2013 , 22:23   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #34

Adding Health & Explosives to this is pretty simple, however I still haven't nailed down ammo....

If Marcus_Brown001 could shed some light on how to do that, itd be great.

Also, Leon, if Marcus_Brown001 says its ok, ill put up my modified version of the menu smx & ini with health and explosives...

I really want to stop using the unlimited ammo plugin and adding the ammunition to the weapon menu and restricting how many uses you can have per round like I do with everything else. Thatd be great. It just seems the method used to give and "use" an item so you get it into the inventory doesnt work...
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-12-2013 , 09:54   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #35

Sorry for the delay with my responses. I have had a head-cold lately. I will try to acknowledge everyone. If I miss something or someone, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdlab
Could you add a command like !guns and it opens sm_guns? Also, would it be possible to not have to press esc to open the menu, perhaps an ingame gui popup?
Any admin command inside of SourceMod can be used with an exclamation mark, you just have to include the entire command. SourceMod makes it easy with commands that are prefixed with "sm_", so that all you have to do is type "!command" instead of "!sm_command". So, in short, all you have to do is type either, "!guns" or "/guns" (using a forward slash with a default version of SourceMod makes the command silent).

I know with the older source engine that NMRiH was on, it was not at all possible to use the on-screen menu that you see inside of other source engine games (CS:S, TF2); however, I do not know if it is possible on the new engine, and if it is possible it has probably been manually overridden by the developers. Either way, what you see if what you get. Making a menu, regardless of games, is the same throughout SourceMod. It shows up where it shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdlab
Thanks again for this, and would there be any way to set what rank has permissions for this? i.e users need rank level 'a' or something?
You can over-ride any admin command inside of SourceMod to restrict or allow access to a specific permission level. Here is a link to the Wiki: Click Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakashimaMakota
If Marcus_Brown001 could shed some light on how to do that, itd be great.
I have never experimented with putting ammo into my menu. The way I would go about it is to simply edit Chanz's plugin. He already does all the work and I know the plugin works, so all I would do is make a variable for every client and keep track of every time they use ammo (every time they use ammo, add to the variable). You then just check if the client's uses are less than the maximum uses, and if it isn't tell the client, "Sorry, we ran out of ammo!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakashimaMakota
[I]f Marcus_Brown001 says its ok, ill put up my modified version of the menu smx & ini with health and explosives.
So long as your modification is the same version as mine, meaning it isn't from one of the older copies, I am fine with you uploading it. If you are using one of the older copies, just take the newest version and put your modifications into it.
NakashimaMakota
Old 11-12-2013 , 21:12   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Brown001 View Post
I have never experimented with putting ammo into my menu. The way I would go about it is to simply edit Chanz's plugin. He already does all the work and I know the plugin works, so all I would do is make a variable for every client and keep track of every time they use ammo (every time they use ammo, add to the variable). You then just check if the client's uses are less than the maximum uses, and if it isn't tell the client, "Sorry, we ran out of ammo!".
This seems to be the only proper way to do it as the ammo boxes aren't proper entities... Ill fool with that some tonight.

As to uploading the files, I will be doing so later tonight, they will be uploaded to my dropbox!
johnng0102
Old 11-14-2013 , 23:09   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #37

Hello All

Weapon Menu support game version 1.07 ? when I type !guns then chose gun will crash server. What problem of me ? my sm+mm (1.6-4164 & 1.10.1-870).

Thanks

sorry for my bad english
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 11-16-2013 , 14:52   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnng0102 View Post
Weapon Menu support game version 1.07 ? when I type !guns then chose gun will crash server. What problem of me [/B][/FONT][FONT=新][B]? my sm+mm (1.6-4164 & 1.10.1-870).
Update your gamedata for SM.
johnng0102
Old 11-18-2013 , 00:11   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #39

done & work. many thanks
Mootsey
Old 11-25-2013 , 09:16   Re: [NMRiH] Weapon Menu (v1.0.6, 11/08/13)
Reply With Quote #40

Quick question, how do you set the menu to only admin/donor have access?