Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

NVS Envy
Old 03-24-2010 , 08:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #511

Hi Muukis

Just wanted to say a big thankyou for this. I used the original for L4d and am now using yours for my L4D2 Server. Its proving to be very popular. Thanks again.

http://www.nvs.inx-gaming.co.uk/l4d/playerlist.php
tythefox
Old 03-24-2010 , 17:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #512

Finally got it working, had to use a friend's web host to do it, but it works. One problem: It seems whenever I'm the last man standing and I go down, I lose 1000 points for "Teamkilling Ty the Fox" - I didn't commit seppuku or anything >.>. Not a big deal, just a little glitch that can throw off stats quite a bit.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2010 , 02:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by tythefox View Post
Finally got it working, had to use a friend's web host to do it, but it works. One problem: It seems whenever I'm the last man standing and I go down, I lose 1000 points for "Teamkilling Ty the Fox" - I didn't commit seppuku or anything >.>. Not a big deal, just a little glitch that can throw off stats quite a bit.
There is a known bug in Scavenge gamemode, which can give you team kills from "suicides" in game halftime. What gamemode were you playing?

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
tythefox
Old 03-25-2010 , 10:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
There is a known bug in Scavenge gamemode, which can give you team kills from "suicides" in game halftime. What gamemode were you playing?
I was playing Versus. As previously stated I didn't jump off a cliff or anything, both incidents I went down due to tank incaps (punches, not cars) - if that means anything.
PeterFreimann
Old 03-25-2010 , 13:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #515

Sorry i need to ask, but i didn't find any solutions in here for my problem.
I run 2 L4D2 Servers with this nice stats plugin. I use one database and one server is versus and the other is survival. I use the same logins and so on in my databases.cfg for both servers but i only get the stats from my versus server to the webstats page. Ingame the stats work (rankmenu and everything). And the plugin also reports no error on both servers.I first had the plugin on my versus server and after some time i loaded it onto my survival server and edited the databases.cfg on this new server. What do i have to do? Do i have to run updatetables ?
xmagicboyx
Old 03-25-2010 , 19:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #516

Quote:
THAT I understand. But still, I do not understand how can I help you to solve your problem by fixing anything in the plugin this thread is for. Are you saying that running the server without this plugin your server runs fine, and with the plugin your server hangs like you said it does?

That garena site looks like a web site that is for gaming competitors (clans etc). I have no knowledge of that site, nor do I want to get to know it better. If you want help, you have to write a short summary from system specs you hold.

Do you...
  1. have a Left 4 Dead (1 or 2) server that you can modify = add plugins?
  2. have a MySQL server and in it a database that you can modify = full access? Can you connect to the database remotely = from the game server?
You do not need a site for webstats. Your plugin and stats will work without it, but it is easier to browse the stats with the webstats.

Sorry for being so blunt.
"Are you saying that running the server without this plugin your server runs fine, and with the plugin your server hangs like you said it does?"
Exactly, when i set my IP garena in the datebase file i cant launch the dedicated server, and i can not explain what it garena my english is not good enough to explain it.. lol maybe in 3 words, its like hamachi, if you know what is hamachi, anyway, now about my system -
i have Left 4 Dead 2 including lastest sourcemod and the meta source
also i have many other plugins installed, and i didnt have MySQL
i would like to install, because there are some plugins require the MySQL
like your plugin i think.. but i dont know how to install MySQL so i dont have, all in all i'm still new on the subject of the plugins and the sourcemod, i still learn things, and my server is open only one week,
so what should i do to install the plugin ?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2010 , 02:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by tythefox View Post
I was playing Versus. As previously stated I didn't jump off a cliff or anything, both incidents I went down due to tank incaps (punches, not cars) - if that means anything.
The reason why someone is getting a suicide penalty (team kill) is because the game informs that the killing of a player was executed by another player and in this case, the same player. I don't know how to identify if team killings are legit. I can take away suicide team kills, but that's not "fixing the problem". It may be better that way however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterFreimann View Post
Sorry i need to ask, but i didn't find any solutions in here for my problem.
I run 2 L4D2 Servers with this nice stats plugin. I use one database and one server is versus and the other is survival. I use the same logins and so on in my databases.cfg for both servers but i only get the stats from my versus server to the webstats page. Ingame the stats work (rankmenu and everything). And the plugin also reports no error on both servers.I first had the plugin on my versus server and after some time i loaded it onto my survival server and edited the databases.cfg on this new server. What do i have to do? Do i have to run updatetables ?
One rule: You can safely run updatetables.php any time you want and as many times you want. It will not break or reset your current stats.

You're not getting any errors from the survival game and the plugin works fine in-game (rankmenu etc), but the stats of the survival game are not showing to your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagicboyx View Post
"Are you saying that running the server without this plugin your server runs fine, and with the plugin your server hangs like you said it does?"
Exactly, when i set my IP garena in the datebase file i cant launch the dedicated server, and i can not explain what it garena my english is not good enough to explain it.. lol maybe in 3 words, its like hamachi, if you know what is hamachi, anyway, now about my system -
i have Left 4 Dead 2 including lastest sourcemod and the meta source
also i have many other plugins installed, and i didnt have MySQL
i would like to install, because there are some plugins require the MySQL
like your plugin i think.. but i dont know how to install MySQL so i dont have, all in all i'm still new on the subject of the plugins and the sourcemod, i still learn things, and my server is open only one week,
so what should i do to install the plugin ?
Oh, you don't have MySQL server installed? It is one of the prerequisites! Before you can run the plugin, you'll need to have the database ready. That however does not explain why your game server hangs while loading, to which I have you no answer. I would suggest to reinstall first the plugin (download it again too) and if that does not work then reinstall something bigger and then bigger and so on... until you have reinstalled everything? Sorry, but that is my best solution for you. I hope someone here can help you better.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
xmagicboyx
Old 03-26-2010 , 07:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #518

well, so why i need to reinstall the plugin \ game files, you say i need MySQL server, tell me where to download it and how to install and use the MySQL server?
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 03-26-2010 , 07:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagicboyx View Post
well, so why i need to reinstall the plugin \ game files, you say i need MySQL server, tell me where to download it and how to install and use the MySQL server?
You need to rent a web hosting server if you don't already have one. Then in the cpanel, you have to create a database for the stats to be stored. You also have to setup remoteSql to allow the game server to communicate with the web site database.
PeterFreimann
Old 03-26-2010 , 10:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #520

Quote:
You're not getting any errors from the survival game and the plugin works fine in-game (rankmenu etc), but the stats of the survival game are not showing to your website?
Thats exactly the problem
I try updatetable.php

hmm. didn't do much except many Duplicate column name ... and some Timed Maps table altered successfully! and Players table altered successfully!

Last edited by PeterFreimann; 03-26-2010 at 10:33.