Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 20:14   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1091

So, what I tried drastically broke things and I've rolled it back. I have some other things to try.

Now, having said that, I'm having a hard time pinning down why g_RoundOver even exists. It might be a fix for bugs that crop up when Arena has a "heart attack" when no control points exist. If that's the case, I may have to make some different adjustments to make the control point uncappable instead of simply killing it when it spawns. The only downside to this would be the locked control point icon at the bottom of the screen.

Actually, I may just do that, as right now Prop Hunt is set to unlock the CP after 3600 seconds, which is an hour... for a game mode whose rounds are all less than 5 minutes.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-19-2013 at 20:18.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2013 , 21:22   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1092

Hmm, well I made a few new changes. Note: This doesn't involve the control point change I mentioned earlier.

Here's what's new:
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to unfreeze by changing classes prior to Setup starting.
  • Pre-Round now only covers from from when teamplay_round_start fires to when arena_round_start fires, rather than counting from the end of the round.
  • Respawning during Pre-Round will freeze you.
  • Round Over now covers from round end (or the start of the map) to Setup end of the next round. It used to cover from the end of the map instead of the start... this is an attempt to fix the freezing issue mentioned by VoiDeD earlier.
  • All players are frozen at the start of pre-round. RED players are unfrozen when pre-round ends. BLU players are unfrozen when pre-round ends if the map config has "freeze" "0". All players unfreeze when Setup ends (but that's how all the 2.0x versions work).
  • Removed ph_stripsetbonuses since said set bonuses went away anyway. Not that TF2Attributes is working right now anyway...
  • Internal changes to how velocity is looked up... now uses GetEntProp.
  • New prop hunt config file! The changes this time around include:
    • Loose Cannon has been removed. Not sure how this escaped the ax before, and now it's been buffed...
    • Bonk Energy Drink and Crit-a-Cola have been removed. Both are way too cheap if you're the last prop. Not sure if setting items to removed for Scouts works or not, but...
    • Winger has been removed due to extra jump height.
    • Frontier Justice (normal and festive) has had its damage boosted slightly so its not a straight downgrade from the Shotgun.
    • Respectless Rubber Glove has had its damage removed... I don't think that worked, but I'm removing it just in case. (Seriously, who added that and why?)
    • Restriction on Jumper's Jeepcap removed.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 157 views - 77.3 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (35.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: 7z prophunt_config.7z (5.9 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-19-2013 at 21:29.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 11:24   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Do you have any other plugins that modify the arena_win_panel event?

For that matter, I'm not sure why plugins like this one use that instead of teamplay_round_win anyway...
Actually upon a further investigation, it looks like the "arena_round_start" event is simply not being fired. I commented out the g_RoundOver checks and even added some logging to that specific function, but there are cases during rounds where it isn't fired.

I've never heard of that happening, so I'm unsure of how to proceed.

All I know is that it only occurs on some maps, one in particular where it happens often is ph_kakariko_b1.

Last edited by VoiDeD; 07-24-2013 at 11:25.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 12:13   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
Actually upon a further investigation, it looks like the "arena_round_start" event is simply not being fired. I commented out the g_RoundOver checks and even added some logging to that specific function, but there are cases during rounds where it isn't fired.

I've never heard of that happening, so I'm unsure of how to proceed.

All I know is that it only occurs on some maps, one in particular where it happens often is ph_kakariko_b1.
That's... odd. I know ph_kakariko is a port of a 3cp map and that causes other issues, but I've never seen one where arena_round_start never fires. ph_kakariko also has some sort of other timer already running (in addition to the arena round start timer), as it fires the teamplay_setup_finished event on its own... I wonder if that's related. I'll have to take a peek at the map entities to find out.

Edit: Actually, I wonder if something's going on with the arena round start timer... the game creates that timer automatically on all arena maps... or at least it's supposed to.

In other news, the author of cp_kakariko said he'd make a(nother) new version of it at some point, and that he'd make a new prop hunt version as well. But that was a few months ago and nothing has come of it since.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-24-2013 at 12:35.
Darkimmortal
Old 07-24-2013 , 22:48   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1095

Honestly I wouldn't fuss too much about kakariko, it's not exactly a liked map.
Old 07-27-2013 , 09:03   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1096

This seems to be my issue ... and I've seen where you posted about this in another thread..

Code:
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: SourceMod error session started
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: Info (map "ph_watchtower_a1") (file "errors_20130727.log")
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Could not initialize call to CEconItemSchema::GetAttributeDefinitionByName
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2attributes.smx":
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM]   [0]  Line 93, C:\sourcemod\tf2attributes.sp::OnPluginStart()

Looks like prophunt is broken for me until tf2attributes can be fixed.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2013 , 11:56   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
This seems to be my issue ... and I've seen where you posted about this in another thread..

Code:
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: SourceMod error session started
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: Info (map "ph_watchtower_a1") (file "errors_20130727.log")
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Could not initialize call to CEconItemSchema::GetAttributeDefinitionByName
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2attributes.smx":
L 07/27/2013 - 07:50:50: [SM]   [0]  Line 93, C:\sourcemod\tf2attributes.sp::OnPluginStart()
Looks like prophunt is broken for me until tf2attributes can be fixed.
You can disable TF2Attributes... it's not required for Prop Hunt to operate.

Having said that, FlaminSarge should be getting back sometime today, so hopefully he'll have a new signature for that eventually.

I have no idea how to create Windows signatures or I'd do it myself.
Old 07-28-2013 , 11:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1098

In Event_arena_win_panel can ResetPlayer(client) be moved to after the AlterScore calls?

(stats2.inc reads from g_PlayerModel on survival)
Old 07-28-2013 , 11:32   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
In Event_arena_win_panel can ResetPlayer(client) be moved to after the AlterScore calls?

(stats2.inc reads from g_PlayerModel on survival)
Yes. I've attached the updated sourcecode (not that you really needed it).
Attached Files
File Type: zip prophunt 2.0.9 src.zip (57.8 KB, 197 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-28-2013 at 11:37.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 13:30   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1100

Ugh... why can't you ever compile these updates... lol

Last edited by Pitbull3; 07-28-2013 at 13:30.