Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats (v.0.5 12/22/13)

Post New Thread Reply   

JHoersten2
Old 12-19-2013 , 22:28   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats
Reply With Quote #31

It would be nice to have many of these options set to a cvar.

-Point degradation
-New user starting at average or 0

Anyone set up a more stable point weighting? I managed to rack up close to 2000 points with only a few hours of game play; Seemed a bit steep. I'll most likely be lowering values and raising death penalties, not sure yet. Just curious if anyone has set up a more gradual curve.

To relate to the earlier posters, I too would like to see a reward system, perhaps. Not so much guns, but small bonuses, perhaps. Small increases to movement speed, health, stamina, reload/swing speed, idk. Let them spend their points down, while giving them motivation to play on a server hosting your plugin.

Food for thought.
ys24ys
Old 12-20-2013 , 05:43   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats
Reply With Quote #32

+add
Quote:
New players now start at the average score of all players
This Cvar is On/Off select please. i hate this Cvar.
JHoersten2
Old 12-20-2013 , 09:34   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats
Reply With Quote #33

Exactly - if I stack the point system so that most "bads" are going negative and only the better players are going positive, then the average starting point for new users becomes a negative number.

I'm hoping that my system will not become a standing of who's played the longest, but simply who has played the best - a true top 10. The average may work for some servers, but it should definitely be set to an option.
ys24ys
Old 12-20-2013 , 13:36   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoersten2 View Post
Exactly - if I stack the point system so that most "bads" are going negative and only the better players are going positive, then the average starting point for new users becomes a negative number.

I'm hoping that my system will not become a standing of who's played the longest, but simply who has played the best - a true top 10. The average may work for some servers, but it should definitely be set to an option.
I agree that your opinion.
JHoersten2
Old 12-21-2013 , 13:49   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats
Reply With Quote #35

Bug: In the map, nmo_cabin, during the objective to find the family book, I notice that something can trigger RAPID objective point awarding. I've experienced it twice and seen 20-30 objective completion awards administered as rapid spam. This completely throws off the point rankings, as everyone in the room is granted hundreds of points for simply being present.

May or may not involve the book being in the first room it could appear in, and players venturing into the side bedroom to collect goods. Has been the case on both occasions.
JHoersten2
Old 12-22-2013 , 12:30   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats
Reply With Quote #36

Another thing: Setting a players points doesn't reflect appropriately between top10 and rank. The command only reflects what lists in the Top10, but rank remains unchanged. See attached picture:

[IMG]http://s29.************/4ppnrj16f/rank.png[/IMG]

Last edited by JHoersten2; 12-22-2013 at 12:31.
StevoTVR
Old 12-22-2013 , 18:00   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats (v.0.5 12/22/13)
Reply With Quote #37

• 12/22/13 - v.0.5
    • Added sm_stats_start_at_avg ConVar to toggle players starting at the average or 0
    • Players cannot start with negative points
    • Fixed bug with sm_stats_setpoints targetting
    • Disabled reward for objectives due to game event unreliability
    • Adjusted default reward values (-20 for death, +50 for extraction)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys24ys View Post
two:
Top User "STEAM auth ID" when to run the command output can be also set up?
or Automatically flag 'r' can I give you to add a feature?
I have Top10 is flag 'r' to give. but, SQLite Database Browser.exe is supported only English search for the inconvenience.(In order to provide special custom skins)
Are you saying you want to grant admin access based on rank?

Quote:
It would be nice to have many of these options set to a cvar.

-Point degradation
-New user starting at average or 0
Point decay has not even been added, but I added a cvar for the other thing.

Quote:
Anyone set up a more stable point weighting? I managed to rack up close to 2000 points with only a few hours of game play; Seemed a bit steep. I'll most likely be lowering values and raising death penalties, not sure yet. Just curious if anyone has set up a more gradual curve.
I would also like to know if there is a better set of values. I doubled the default death penalty and increased the extraction reward in this update.

Quote:
To relate to the earlier posters, I too would like to see a reward system, perhaps. Not so much guns, but small bonuses, perhaps. Small increases to movement speed, health, stamina, reload/swing speed, idk. Let them spend their points down, while giving them motivation to play on a server hosting your plugin.
This is only meant to be a simple stats plugin. I won't be adding any game altering features to this plugin directly. If possible, I might add an interface for other plugins to interact with it.

Quote:
Bug: In the map, nmo_cabin, during the objective to find the family book, I notice that something can trigger RAPID objective point awarding. I've experienced it twice and seen 20-30 objective completion awards administered as rapid spam. This completely throws off the point rankings, as everyone in the room is granted hundreds of points for simply being present.

May or may not involve the book being in the first room it could appear in, and players venturing into the side bedroom to collect goods. Has been the case on both occasions.
I disabled objective points since the game seems to fire the event for no reason sometimes. It also made it easy to get points for doing nothing. This bug should no longer be an issue.

Quote:
Another thing: Setting a players points doesn't reflect appropriately between top10 and rank. The command only reflects what lists in the Top10, but rank remains unchanged.
This should be fixed.

Last edited by StevoTVR; 12-22-2013 at 18:01.
JHoersten2
Old 12-23-2013 , 14:34   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats (v.0.5 12/22/13)
Reply With Quote #38

Excellent update, Sir!

For the past week or so, I've been running:

+1 Zombie kill
+0 Headshot
+3 Objective
-50 Death
-25 Teamkill
+20 Extraction

I only have 13 of 513 players in the positive; Most lie in the -100s, although I've been unsure as to what points they start with upon a fresh join. I has accomplished what I was looking for, putting skilled players in the positive and the rest in the negatives, thus changing the top10 from a "time spent" into a "player skill" ranking.

I think it's a bit too punishing though, seeing that only 3% make it above water. Then again, what percentage of players would actually play worth having a positive score? I shall give your new values a spin and evaluate the resulting standings after some time. Again, thanks for the update/suggestions.
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-23-2013 , 16:07   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats (v.0.5 12/22/13)
Reply With Quote #39

I have a suggestion for you. Instead of grouping all the zombies together for one reward, why not individualize the reward per zombie? There are four types of zombies right now: a Shambler, Runner, Child, or Turned zombie. Some are harder to kill than others, so you could give them more points for killing those zombies.

Just an idea
ys24ys
Old 12-24-2013 , 03:39   Re: [NMRiH] Simple NMRiH Stats (v.0.5 12/22/13)
Reply With Quote #40

Good update ! very pleased that I have the 0.5 update.
Thanks Stevo. I love you

Quote:
Are you saying you want to grant admin access based on rank?
yes. 1~20 rank all add flag r. Can you do that? If you are uncomfortable, you do not need to.

and,
I One ask.

I drive the 4 servers. (27015~27018 )
The server is divided into respective folders.
I want 4 servers are connected to the same DB.
You can update this?

Last edited by ys24ys; 12-24-2013 at 03:39.