12% 

Pinion Adverts [Video Ads + Steam Community]

Post New Thread Reply   

Arthur.PinionGG
Old 02-10-2016 , 15:55   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacketLoss View Post
Yes, our game server should pay for itself, how come I can not get a reply to my questions? How come my payment is over due? Please explain as anyone can come and see for themselves that www.greatdividegaming.com is a 100% legit community of REAL people, no idle servers, no shenanigans to get loot, just people of the community listening to ads to help contribute to their community. When can I expect to get a reply to my enquiries? When can I expect to get paid for the members listenting to your ads? This was supposed to pay for our community servers however it is now coming out of my pocket and I can not get the $400 owed to our community? We use these funds to not only pay for our servers, but anything above and beyond goes to our great give away events, like the two copies of Fallout 4 we gave away, the Factory New Stat Trak AK Case Hardened, The shadow knives. Please Pinion, pay for what our community rightfully earned and deserves!!!
We pay all communities on time, if there's no red flags our questions. If you're running the plugin, all the servers are actually online and there's nothing sus. If payment has been held, it means there's an issue or open questions somewhere. PM me your community name and I can see where it's at and if I can speed it up for you.

Fraud in this space is a BIG deal, and when questions arise they do they time to verify especially if a community owner doesn't run the plugin. To address this, for the last few months we've had a full time development team working on Pinion infrastructure and delivery. The first part will be a new control panel - which a few communities are already on.

Come next month, we're rolling out further backend enhancements which will speed up dealing with fraud. Any and all fraudulent impressions will not be billable and in extreme cases we will just suspend accounts.

Stay tuned for a return of PoG with loads of skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
I have installed the Sourcemod Plugin Self-updating package on my server. The motd ad is displaying, but nothing is being tracked (no data). The server has had multiple connections. I was seeing errors with the update plugin, so I removed it, and most of the errors went away. Still seeing [pinion_adverts.smx] ConVar sm_motdredirect_url has not been set: Please check your pinion_adverts config file. Attaching console log and pinion_adverts.cfg.
Ensure your pinion_adverts.cfg file is placed in /cfg/sourcemod/ opposed to /addons/sourcemod/configs.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 02-10-2016 at 15:57.
Fragenstein
Old 02-10-2016 , 16:55   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
Ensure your pinion_adverts.cfg file is placed in /cfg/sourcemod/ opposed to /addons/sourcemod/configs.
Thanks for the info. Not seeing any errors now. Will this resolve not seeing any data in Control Panel?
Old 02-10-2016 , 17:44   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #243

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Not seeing any errors now. Will this resolve not seeing any data in Control Panel?
Yep, from now on, it will log correctly. Without it in the right spot, it wasn't being tracked.
HighFPS
Old 02-10-2016 , 21:56   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Panel will still come up empty with 0, atleast for me it does.
Yesterday it started showing impressions, today again back to 0.
If your see'n 0 u will have to hang tight along with a few of us until liverail gets it together.
PacketLoss
Old 02-10-2016 , 22:47   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
We pay all communities on time, if there's no red flags our questions. If you're running the plugin, all the servers are actually online and there's nothing sus. If payment has been held, it means there's an issue or open questions somewhere. PM me your community name and I can see where it's at and if I can speed it up for you.

Fraud in this space is a BIG deal, and when questions arise they do they time to verify especially if a community owner doesn't run the plugin. To address this, for the last few months we've had a full time development team working on Pinion infrastructure and delivery. The first part will be a new control panel - which a few communities are already on.

Come next month, we're rolling out further backend enhancements which will speed up dealing with fraud. Any and all fraudulent impressions will not be billable and in extreme cases we will just suspend accounts.

Stay tuned for a return of PoG with loads of skins.

Community name is GreatDivideGaming, would appreciate some communication Arthur, I have responded to your emails in a timely fashion and have gotten no replies. I understand that fraud is a big deal, and I have assured you that we play by the book, I invite anyone to come to our community servers and confirm that we are indeed real people playing and having fun and not just trying to abuse the system.

CS:GO Casual Server
66.150.164.65 - Operated by PacketLoss

CS:GO Overflow Server
192.223.25.103 - Operated by PacketLoss

CS:GO 24/7 Rats Server
162.248.94.210 - Operated by PurplG

CS:GO Community Comp Server
192.223.25.249 - Operated by AngryBacon

Last edited by PacketLoss; 02-10-2016 at 22:50.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 02-11-2016 , 12:38   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:
Community name is GreatDivideGaming, would appreciate some communication Arthur, I have responded to your emails in a timely fashion and have gotten no replies. I understand that fraud is a big deal, and I have assured you that we play by the book, I invite anyone to come to our community servers and confirm that we are indeed real people playing and having fun and not just trying to abuse the system.

CS:GO Casual Server
66.150.164.65 - Operated by PacketLoss

CS:GO Overflow Server
192.223.25.103 - Operated by PacketLoss

CS:GO 24/7 Rats Server
162.248.94.210 - Operated by PurplG

CS:GO Community Comp Server
192.223.25.249 - Operated by AngryBacon
Will look into this today and email you.

Edit
You have mail.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 02-11-2016 at 14:51.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 02-11-2016 , 14:12   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #247

Just as a FYI - anyone who doesn't use the Pinion plugin - the new control panel will be missing a lot of the in-depth analytics offered to community owners that do.

For anyone on new CP, this months billing will still be done through the old control panel. We'll switch the new CP to live billing system for next month.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 02-11-2016 at 16:59.
Tranced
Old 02-11-2016 , 20:09   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #248

Thank you for all of your help Arthur. You're the man. Everything seems to be logging just fine again (for now) with Liverail and I've been back filled for most days. Looking forward to the new update. Cheers mate.
PacketLoss
Old 02-11-2016 , 20:54   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #249

Thanks Arthur,

That’s great news! I am more than willing to work with you guys and look forward to building a relationship of trust between Pinion and our community. I have to tell you, the Lack of communication was a little frustrating. I am sometimes outspoken, but only when I am defending our community. It pisses me off that Some people take advantage of the system, it makes it difficult for the legitimate communities that try really hard to build a professionally moderated gaming environment. In fact, we would be honoured to have you get a steam account and CS:GO and drop in one night and see what we are trying to do, especially on our give away nights. Some people are trying to profit, we are not, we are just trying to cover our server costs, everything above and beyond server costs goes back into the community in the form of Stat Trak Weapons and games that we give away. I think if you were there to see some of what we are trying to do and how Pinion is helping us do it, you would be proud to know your supporting a great thing and we are actually a very appreciative community. I actively discourage the type of abuse you are concerned with, I believe that you deserve legitimate traffic for the support Pinion is offering to the communities that benefit from the advertising dollar. Sorry for rambling on, but look forward to hearing how we can work tegther.

Mike

AKA PacketLoss
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 02-12-2016 , 13:17   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #250

Quote:
Thanks Arthur,

That’s great news! I am more than willing to work with you guys and look forward to building a relationship of trust between Pinion and our community. I have to tell you, the Lack of communication was a little frustrating. I am sometimes outspoken, but only when I am defending our community. It pisses me off that Some people take advantage of the system, it makes it difficult for the legitimate communities that try really hard to build a professionally moderated gaming environment. In fact, we would be honoured to have you get a steam account and CS:GO and drop in one night and see what we are trying to do, especially on our give away nights. Some people are trying to profit, we are not, we are just trying to cover our server costs, everything above and beyond server costs goes back into the community in the form of Stat Trak Weapons and games that we give away. I think if you were there to see some of what we are trying to do and how Pinion is helping us do it, you would be proud to know your supporting a great thing and we are actually a very appreciative community. I actively discourage the type of abuse you are concerned with, I believe that you deserve legitimate traffic for the support Pinion is offering to the communities that benefit from the advertising dollar. Sorry for rambling on, but look forward to hearing how we can work tegther.

Mike

AKA PacketLoss
Apologies for things being a little quiet and slow our end, we now have a full dev team working on Pinion and there's lots of new things on the horizon.

We'll be giving away ~$3k of skins per month from next month on PoG so hopefully gamers won't mind the advertising so much. Hopefully this will help add value to independent community owners like yourself and make it a little bit easier to keep them populated.

Likewise there's new revenue products on the horizon,