Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved TF2 Crashes

Post New Thread Reply   

Rushy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-12-2016 , 22:21   TF2 Crashes
Reply With Quote #1

I have recently set up a new TF2 server running the biohazard zombie mod, and have been having crashes with it in particular (My other servers seem to be fine). Wondering if anyone can provide some insight as to why it is doing so

*edit solved* it was the biohazard plugin

Last edited by Rushy; 10-14-2016 at 10:05. Reason: provided metamod build version
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2016 , 08:46   Re: TF2 Crashes
Reply With Quote #2

If you have IDA installed, you can disassemble the server_srv.so file, punch in the address and locate the function it crashed in to recover the stack trace symbols.
Rushy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-15-2016 , 21:37   Re: TF2 Crashes
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
If you have IDA installed, you can disassemble the server_srv.so file, punch in the address and locate the function it crashed in to recover the stack trace symbols.
I have also been getting server_srv.so!CTeamControlPoint::GetCPGroup() + 0x7 crashes would I use the same technique for that?

https://crash.limetech.org/xzuy7dmdwzyx
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2016 , 21:56   Re: TF2 Crashes
Reply With Quote #4

No, for that you have the function symbols instead of random numbers.

CTeamControlPointMaster::InternalSetWinner is only called when it is given the SetWinner input (as far as I am aware). Therefore, either a plugin or a map you have running that calls SetWinner on the team_control_point_round entity is most likely causing the crash. (In Sourcepawn, this is triggered under AcceptEntityInput.)

The fact that CTeamControlPoint::GetCPGroup causes a crash is strange since that function only returns a number within the control point entity.

Are you running any plugins that mess with control point logic in general? Any maps that run weirdo logic?

My best guess, which can be completely wrong, is to remove the security entity limit plugin and try again.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 09-15-2016 at 21:58.