Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Admin Bad Word Log

Post New Thread Reply   

+ARUKARI-
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2020 , 07:01   Re: Admin Bad Word Log
Reply With Quote #11

The fact that you don't understand from this sentence shows that you lack experience and knowledge.
That's the wrong way to go about it, but if you're going to publish a plugin, you should come up with that answer yourself.

六四天安門事件
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-03-2020 , 07:07   Re: Admin Bad Word Log
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by +ARUKARI- View Post
The fact that you don't understand from this sentence shows that you lack experience and knowledge.
That's the wrong way to go about it, but if you're going to publish a plugin, you should come up with that answer yourself.
+
In other words, the author can't properly support his plugin and so it meets the criteria for unapprovement.

Last edited by thEsp; 07-03-2020 at 07:27.
alferd
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2020 , 08:21   Re: Admin Bad Word Log
Reply With Quote #13

I tested it with the code you said but it doesn't work,

There is no problem with the code I used, why should I change that code?

Code:
    new szFile = fopen(g_BadWordFile2, "r");         if(szFile)     {         new szText[512];                 while (!feof(szFile))         {             fgets(szFile, szText, charsmax(szText));                         trim(szText);                         if (szText[0]==';')             {                 continue;             }                         if(parse(szText))             {                 continue;             }         }                 fclose(szFile);     }     return 1;

The greatest civilization of 🇮🇷IRAN🇮🇷
thEsp
BANNED
Old 07-03-2020 , 08:42   Re: Admin Bad Word Log
Reply With Quote #14

read/write_file is much slower than fread/write. In fact the more you use it the worse it becomes. Anyway the reason it didn't work for you is because you aren't reading the file as a text (most likely).

Last edited by thEsp; 07-03-2020 at 08:43.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2020 , 14:32   Re: Admin Bad Word Log
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferd View Post
There is no problem with the code I used, why should I change that code?
Just because it works doesn't make it good code. Ideally, approved plugins should have some sort of quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferd View Post
I tested it with the code you said but it doesn't work,

Code:
    new szFile = fopen(g_BadWordFile2, "r");         if(szFile)     {         new szText[512];                 while (!feof(szFile))         {             fgets(szFile, szText, charsmax(szText));                         trim(szText);                         if (szText[0]==';')             {                 continue;             }                         if(parse(szText))             {                 continue;             }         }                 fclose(szFile);     }     return 1;
Did you debug it? Also, you should use while( fgets(file, buffer, charsmax(buffer)) ) for your loop (There are a lot of examples of using feof() but it's more proper to use fgets as your while loop condition).

Another thing that I notice is that when you are doing to loop over all items in an array every time you should use a for loop instead of a while loop.

Also, szSaid[] is way too big, it's not possible to have that many characters in a chat message. I can't remember the exact limit but I'm sure it's not more than 64. Having an array size of 1000+ is not good because you're allocating memory for it every single time a chat message is transmitted which means you are wasting resources for no reason.
Old 08-21-2021 , 05:17   Re: Admin Bad Word Log
Reply With Quote #16

Unapproved, see above.