Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Block jointeam Command [v1.2 (02-Nov-2020)]
    Old 10-04-2020 , 11:03   [L4D2] Block jointeam Command [v1.2 (02-Nov-2020)]
    Reply With Quote #1

[L4D2] Block jointeam Command

UPDATE: Although this plugin should continue to work as designed, I am no longer using/updating it. I have replaced it with l4d_command_block which you can find here...

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=332223

----------

At some point in the past I got annoyed by the frequent number of times a player/griefer did something like this on my L4D2 Co-Op server...

"jointeam 1"
    "jointeam 2 zoey;respawn"

...which causes an extra bot to be spawned. I searched for a method to block this and ran across a posting by Vaggelis. That post was just code text, but I thought it was an elegant solution. I made it into a plugin and I've been using it on my dedicated server for over a year and it 100% solved the issue described above.

Created new cvar "block_jointeam_command_admflags". Any player with a matching admin flag can use the jointeam command, all others are blocked. If this cvar is blank/null, it effectively disables this plugin as it will allow everyone to use the jointeam command. The default value is "z". To exempt all admins, use the value "abcdefghijklmnz".

I have only tested it with Left 4 Dead 2, but the code is so simple I suspect it would work with any Source game.

Want to contribute code enhancements? Create a pull request from this GitHub repository:
    github.com/Mystik-Spiral/l4d2_block_jointeam_command

Changelog:

Code:
    Version	Date		Comment
    =======	===========	==================         
    1.0	04-Oct-2020	Initial version
    1.1	19-Oct-2020	Use new SourcePawn syntax
    1.2	02-Nov-2020	Exempt admins with new cvar: block_jointeam_command_admflags.
    UPDATE: I think Valve may have fixed the extra bot issue during the The Last Stand update, making this plugin unnecessary for that purpose, though the plugin still works and blocks the jointeam command if you want that for some other reason.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (block_jointeam_command.sp - 480 views - 2.1 KB)

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 06-14-2021 at 09:36. Reason: added Update section
    HarryPotter
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-04-2020 , 14:28   Re: [L4D2] Block JoinTeam Command
    Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...2&postcount=32
    Old 10-04-2020 , 16:50   Re: [L4D2] Block JoinTeam Command
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fbef0102 View Post
    That plug-in is trying to do much more than this one, and has prerequisites for a couple of other plug-ins. This plug-in has no prerequisites and all it really does is effectively make the "jointeam" command a no-op, and as a result it has almost no overhead on the server. Of course, with this plug-in you can never switch teams...but that is exactly what I want.
    Mystik Spiral
    Old 11-02-2020 , 21:08   Re: [L4D2] Block JoinTeam Command
    Reply With Quote #4

Created new cvar "block_jointeam_command_admflags". Any player with a matching admin flag can use the jointeam command, all others are blocked. If this cvar is blank/null, it effectively disables this plugin as it will allow everyone to use the jointeam command. The default value is "z". To exempt all admins, use the value "abcdefghijklmnz".

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 11-02-2020 at 22:08. Reason: clarify flags
    canadianjeff
    BANNED
    Old 11-17-2020 , 01:19   Re: [L4D2] Block jointeam Command [v1.2 (02-Nov-2020)]
    Reply With Quote #5

this plugin is pointless now as valve has actually patched this exploit/bug out of the game
    Mystik Spiral
    Old 11-17-2020 , 10:36   Re: [L4D2] Block jointeam Command [v1.2 (02-Nov-2020)]
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by canadianjeff View Post
    this plugin is pointless now as valve has actually patched this exploit/bug out of the game
    Yes, I already updated that in the original post. Thank you for the confirmation.
    JLmelenchon
    Old 11-17-2020 , 10:44   Re: [L4D2] Block jointeam Command [v1.2 (02-Nov-2020)]
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by canadianjeff View Post
    No the glitch still exist, i had the experience on my server when i removed "duplicated survivor fix" plugin.