Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?

Post New Thread Reply   

Aura89
Old 03-17-2017 , 20:46   [CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?
Reply With Quote #1

I can not for the life of me figure this one out.

I run a TTT server, and i use workshop for my maps.

This has been great since maps get updated and no more missing/duplicate errors for people joining the server.

However 2, maybe 3 weeks ago, it has simply stopped working, completely.

All of the maps i had put into a collection before that time are still on the server and everyone can still download the maps from workshop when the server goes to those maps, no problem there.

But i am unable to actually add new maps to the server. When i add new maps into the collection, it just does nothing.

I have it setup that every time i start the server, it checks for new and updated maps and downloads them, as well as every time the server changes a map, it checks for new and updated maps and downloads them. But if i want to download new maps i had just added, i use ds_get_newest_subscribed_files to do so. This command currently does nothing. I execute the command, and literally, poof nothing, no errors, no nothing, as if i never even executed the command.

I have tried the troubleshooting portion of this https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...rver_Operators and it really does not help me figure out what is going on since all the maps that are on the server, are not trying to redownload the map. As well, since ds_get_newest_subscribed_files does absolutely nothing, doing that command does not trigger anything while in debug mode, and changing maps looks normal, since it's not downloading anything new.

I have also tried creating a new collection and adding the new maps to that one, and then adding that collection to the subscribed_collection_ids.txt file, restart the server, and still can not get it to download any new maps i have in those collections.

Does anyone have ANY idea wtf is going on? i am at a complete loss here.
Aura89
Old 03-23-2017 , 02:40   Re: [CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?
Reply With Quote #2

So i will assume no one knows
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2017 , 15:52   Re: [CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?
Reply With Quote #3

the command ds_get_newest_subscribed_files is working fine here.
Aura89
Old 03-24-2017 , 14:35   Re: [CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?
Reply With Quote #4

Ugh. Aside from rebuilding the server from scratch i have no idea how to fix this.

Currently, the only way i am able to do a workaround, is to subscribe to the workshop maps, download them to my PC, then upload them to the server within the correct numbered folder, and then when i force the server to go to that map, THEN (even though it's technically on the server) it will download that map from workshop and overwrite what i just put on there. I have to do this for each and every map i put on the server. At least it works i guess.....
PUNKSNOTDEAF
Old 03-24-2017 , 21:07   Re: [CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?
Reply With Quote #5

check ur read/write permissions. just a guess.
Aura89
Old 03-25-2017 , 00:55   Re: [CS:GO] Workshop will not download maps to my server, anymore?
Reply With Quote #6

no problem there.