Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 19:27   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #231

ok now after 3 hours of testing i just LOVE that plug-in, haha.

see, within this time it autowatched like 20 different players. i was spectating them too and figured none of them were cheating - and the plug-in always judged them correctly. so i was happy with that, yet a little disappointed because i was anxious to see how it reacts on a real cheater. and then finally he joined, with an obvious aimbot. and i let him play to see what the plug-in would do. after he had 16:4 stats autowatch put the focus on him. now he killed his first victim and exactly at the point when the bot was spawned...he froze. and then the round was over and he was still frozen. until he left with timeout.
i was like "damn, exactly where i wanted to see how he shoots the invisible bot he has a connection or pc problem". while it made me pretty sad i still made a joke in IRC (i was constantly discussing the plug-in with other players) "hey cool, it automatically crashes aimbot users".

then for 2 hours no cheater joined, although the server was full most of the time. but short before i wanted to leave another guy joined. it was not the same guy, he was from a different country (great britain while the first one was from italy, remember i got that country plug-in). and again he was obviously cheating. unfortunately the autowatch decided to watch ME when i expected it to watch that guy, having like 20 stats already. so i used amx_aimwatch on him. guess what happened.
he killed the first player and BANG!, froze. player timed out.

so to sum it up:
  • players i didn't suspect to cheat could play fine when they were watched and the plug-in did not detect anything on them
  • it autowatched me pretty often, i never had any problems
  • cheat suspects could play fine as long as they weren't autowatched
  • as soon as they are autowatched and killed their first player their game seems to have frozen
it happened twice, i am not sure whether i should still think of coincidence...
did anyone else notice such behaviour?

if this is a bug and it really crashes people using an aimbot, it's the best bug i have ever seen! never ever fix it!

Last edited by xOR; 11-15-2008 at 19:34.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-15-2008 , 19:57   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
ok now after 3 hours of testing i just LOVE that plug-in, haha.

see, within this time it autowatched like 20 different players. i was spectating them too and figured none of them were cheating - and the plug-in always judged them correctly. so i was happy with that, yet a little disappointed because i was anxious to see how it reacts on a real cheater. and then finally he joined, with an obvious aimbot. and i let him play to see what the plug-in would do. after he had 16:4 stats autowatch put the focus on him. now he killed his first victim and exactly at the point when the bot was spawned...he froze. and then the round was over and he was still frozen. until he left with timeout.
i was like "damn, exactly where i wanted to see how he shoots the invisible bot he has a connection or pc problem". while it made me pretty sad i still made a joke in IRC (i was constantly discussing the plug-in with other players) "hey cool, it automatically crashes aimbot users".

then for 2 hours no cheater joined, although the server was full most of the time. but short before i wanted to leave another guy joined. it was not the same guy, he was from a different country (great britain while the first one was from italy, remember i got that country plug-in). and again he was obviously cheating. unfortunately the autowatch decided to watch ME when i expected it to watch that guy, having like 20 stats already. so i used amx_aimwatch on him. guess what happened.
he killed the first player and BANG!, froze. player timed out.

so to sum it up:
  • players i didn't suspect to cheat could play fine when they were watched and the plug-in did not detect anything on them
  • it autowatched me pretty often, i never had any problems
  • cheat suspects could play fine as long as they weren't autowatched
  • as soon as they are autowatched and killed their first player their game seems to have frozen
it happened twice, i am not sure whether i should still think of coincidence...
did anyone else notice such behaviour?

if this is a bug and it really crashes people using an aimbot, it's the best bug i have ever seen! never ever fix it!
The only thing I can thing it could be is when the plugin blocks a player from reloading once the bot is spawned. This was recommended by another forum member who said by habit they do a reload after every kill. If the player is doing a reload and the auto-fire goes off -- no shot would happen. I put in a block to avoid this -- not quite sure if I did it correctly\efficiently, though.

I did do quite a few test runs and it seemed to be working perfectly. You would still appear to be reloading but only if you hold down the reload button. If reload is just tapped, the player would flinch but no reload would occur.

Thanks again for the awesome bug report.

Try commenting out the below to remove the reload block.
PHP Code:
register_forward(FM_CmdStart,"fwd_CmdStart"

public 
fwd_CmdStart(iduc_handleseed
{     

//* Credit to DevconeS

if( !is_user_alive(id) || !g_BotID || !g_PlayerToWatch 
        return 
FMRES_IGNORED    

new buttons get_uc(uc_handle,UC_Buttons)     

if( (
id == g_PlayerToWatch) && (buttons IN_RELOAD) ) 
    {         

buttons &= ~IN_RELOAD        
        set_uc
(uc_handle,UC_Buttons,buttons)     
    }     

return 
FMRES_HANDLED 

Last edited by Bugsy; 11-15-2008 at 20:03.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 20:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #233

ok. first i will try to look at more cases so to proof or counter the assumption that these players really crash or at least lose their connection caused by the plug-in. if it happens like 2 more times i think it's enough proof. then i will comment out the register_forward and see if anything changes.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-16-2008 , 11:21   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #234

Current changes for the next release. Let me know if you see anything else that needs changing\fixing\addition.

v0.9b
- Added block for statustext so when the watched player is aiming at the bot he will not see statustext. (ie. the players name and friend\enemy text)
- Added send email option so you can now be notified via email if an aimbot is detected on your server. This can also be used to send a text msg to your cell phone; to send to a verizon phone, set the email address to [email protected] ([email protected]) each carrier has its own @carrier extension. You must have a valid smtp server (usually your ISP will provide one for you) to use this option. You must specify your MAIL_TO address and SMTP server in the configuration section before compiling. Use amx_testmail to send a test email.
- In RemoveBot, the bot was being kicked via name instead of ID which sometimes resulted in the bot not being kicked if another plugin changed its name. The bot is now kicked by ID. (thanks xOR)
- Adjusted the timing for auto-shoot to BOT_STAY_TIME / 3.0

Lastly, not 100% sure if this is being removed or not but I think since the auto-shoot is occurring almost instantly after the kill there is not much need to block a reload. What do you guys think?
- Removed reload blocking as it was believed to be causing the player to time-out during testing.

Last edited by Bugsy; 11-16-2008 at 11:27.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2008 , 12:27   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #235

for now i can only say i had my first detection today at morning and this guy did not crash but got the "shoot blanks" punishment applied. so maybe it crashes a special type of aimbots but not all? also i don't know yet whether it could be related to reload blocking, i am not even sure if i can ever find that out.
the e-mail option is a great idea, i will use that as soon as it's out.
oh, and did you remember there is bot kicking code in client_disconnect as well? it's the same code that it was in RemoveBot, so the same replace that has to be done. and by now i don't think there are more places in the code that are affected, so that changes should just do it.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-16-2008 , 12:45   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
for now i can only say i had my first detection today at morning and this guy did not crash but got the "shoot blanks" punishment applied. so maybe it crashes a special type of aimbots but not all? also i don't know yet whether it could be related to reload blocking, i am not even sure if i can ever find that out.
the e-mail option is a great idea, i will use that as soon as it's out.
oh, and did you remember there is bot kicking code in client_disconnect as well? it's the same code that it was in RemoveBot, so the same replace that has to be done. and by now i don't think there are more places in the code that are affected, so that changes should just do it.
I may leave out the reload block anyway; it is the only thing I think could be causing the crashing once the bot is spawned. I was also thinking that since the force-shot is fired within less than a second of the kill, there may be no need to block the reload. If I do decide to block reload, I need someone to look over the reload blocking code to verify it is being done correctly and not likely to be causing a player to crash.

I fixed the RemoveBot function to kick by ID so throughout the plugin it will kick the bot correctly.

Last edited by Bugsy; 11-16-2008 at 13:05.
Lenfitz
Old 11-16-2008 , 19:58   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #237

So i'm guessing this plugin wouldnt be very handy for those cheators who join a server and use awp and scout only and the aimbot detection requires multiple bullet weapons to detect them? Some of these aimbots work within a very small fov. IE: An awper can aim say 1/2-1 inch off target and the aimbot will pull the centre crosshair on target at the click of mouse on shoot. I've seen this happen often.

Thanks for your feedback and effort bugsy. I will test it out on my pub servers and see how it goes. I run 3 pub servers, Fun maps, Stock and Gun game. The gun game server is probably the best one that will catch an aimbot if one is used since its a spray and pray fest. Which best suits your method of detection.

Last edited by Lenfitz; 11-17-2008 at 01:32.
betalama
Old 11-17-2008 , 06:59   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #238

hello,

i tried compile source code but i got error message after last update.Anyway i tried use KICK_AND_AMXBAN then LOG_ONLY and nothing happens.I got just info about players they are cheaters a logged into file but nothing happens with kick and ban or info in amxbans.I have amxbans v5 and amxmod 1.8.1

Code:
Your plugin failed to compile! Read the errors below:

513286 successful compiles to date.
319222 failed compiles to date.
Old compiler: 101980 compiles before decommission.
This tool by: David "BAILOPAN" Anderson.

Last edited by betalama; 11-17-2008 at 07:02.
Lenfitz
Old 11-17-2008 , 10:33   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #239

Hmmm interesting. I loaded the plugin tonight and then tried to ban using amx bans as well and also tried rcon banid and banip commands. For some reason the server would list the bans but not enter them into banned.cfg file.

Maybe just a coincidence but it appears the same issue as betalama except although i compiled the plugin with no errors.
betalama
Old 11-17-2008 , 16:26   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenfitz View Post
Hmmm interesting. I loaded the plugin tonight and then tried to ban using amx bans as well and also tried rcon banid and banip commands. For some reason the server would list the bans but not enter them into banned.cfg file.

Maybe just a coincidence but it appears the same issue as betalama except although i compiled the plugin with no errors.
on localhost i compiled without problem today, but still amxbans dont work.Just peoples are logged and nothing in banned.cfg or amxbans.Dunno where is problem.

I setted now KICK_AND_IP a i will report tommorow whats happend.