Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Setting a client's maxspeed permanently and efficiently

Post New Thread Reply   

MeRcyLeZZ
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2011 , 17:09   Re: Setting a client's maxspeed permanently and efficiently
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxueR View Post
Exactly. It would be nearly impossible to enforce though, since any plugin that doesn't use the API but still sets speed in prethink or something would screw it up.
Yep, I guess there is no way to make it compatible with every 3rd party plugin. I'm thinking the closest thing to an API would be: every time a plugin changes maxspeed, to call:
Code:
    ExecuteHamB(Ham_Player_ResetMaxSpeed, id)
So at least plugins using HamSandwich method can properly handle/override it. This would depend on the order of plugins.ini, which the end user can edit to sort out potential compatibility issues.
Old 07-03-2011 , 06:35   Re: Setting a client's maxspeed permanently and efficiently
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRcyLeZZ View Post
Yep, I guess there is no way to make it compatible with every 3rd party plugin. I'm thinking the closest thing to an API would be: every time a plugin changes maxspeed, to call:
Code:
    ExecuteHamB(Ham_Player_ResetMaxSpeed, id)
So at least plugins using HamSandwich method can properly handle/override it. This would depend on the order of plugins.ini, which the end user can edit to sort out potential compatibility issues.
Maybe you can hook the c4 event and set player speed again?

My Plugins For ZP

Inactive due to College and Studies
Send a message via Yahoo to abdul-rehman Send a message via Skype™ to abdul-rehman