Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2009 , 18:12   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #51

Could you please post a seperate plugin with only the team and player swap functions? I tried removing *everything else* from the code, but it wouldn't compile.

Why? I think this plugin causes a servercrash for me, on many level changes (2nd or 3rd usually). There aren't many plugins that manipulate stuff right as a level ends or begins.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2009 , 18:19   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Could you please post a seperate plugin with only the team and player swap functions? I tried removing *everything else* from the code, but it wouldn't compile.

Why? I think this plugin causes a servercrash for me, on many level changes (2nd or 3rd usually). There aren't many plugins that manipulate stuff right as a level ends or begins.
I suppose that's something to think about..right after I get an hg repository at alliedmodders .
madcap
Old 05-09-2009 , 09:31   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #53

AtomicStryker, you might want to try this one if all you're looking for is player switch and swap. It even is integrated into the admin menu.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=746082
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2009 , 12:05   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:

It shouldn't cause any server crashes, paste me some error logs please . It only does a light call to SetCampaignScores at the end of a level, everything else is light plugin-only code.

Still when I get a chance I will rework the scoring system to be more robust by hooking some natives in L4D with an extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
AtomicStryker, you might want to try this one if all you're looking for is player switch and swap. It even is integrated into the admin menu.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=746082
Speaking of menus, wouldn't a custom menu be just as good?

Code:
"Commands"
{
	"Left 4 Dead"
	{
		"Swap Player"
		{
			"cmd"		"sm_swap #1"
			"execute"	"player"
			"1"
			{
				"type" 		"teamplayer"
				"method"	"name"
				"title"		"Player:"
			} 
		}
	}
}
Looking at the other plugin's source the menu doesn't seem to be too different.. anyway I plan to have a really sweet custom menu eventually, probably around the same time I get around to making a major update to fix the scoring system .

Last edited by Downtown1; 05-09-2009 at 12:11.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2009 , 12:24   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #55

I'd be happy to post error messages, if only there were any. I can't even say for sure its your plugin, its just no other interferes with mapchange and it always crashes at mapchange.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2009 , 13:16   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
I'd be happy to post error messages, if only there were any. I can't even say for sure its your plugin, its just no other interferes with mapchange and it always crashes at mapchange.
Why would it be my plugin then? Has removing it stopped the crashing?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2009 , 13:29   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #57

Ran a few games today without a crash. Yes i think its your plugin.
Packhead
Old 05-10-2009 , 18:48   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #58

I noticed a rather significant problem with this plugin today -- I run 8 servers, and they all can run coop, vs or survivor. We were playing survivor and finished playing a map. We voted to change it to another map and the plugin changed us to the Infected team instead of the survivors... Had to unload the plugin for us to be able to play.

Perhaps add a check that if we're playing vs then let the plugin operate. Otherwise, disable the balancing/swapping teams, etc?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2009 , 02:04   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Ran a few games today without a crash. Yes i think its your plugin.
Can you get an MDMP then? It'll need to be on one of the latest snapshots since the 1.2.0 stable PDBs got deleted, so I won't be able to open it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packhead View Post
Perhaps add a check that if we're playing vs then let the plugin operate. Otherwise, disable the balancing/swapping teams, etc?
Great idea, I'll add a check to the next version and disable all functionality on non-versus modes.
rodregis
Old 05-13-2009 , 02:21   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Does it actually crash? I have noticed l4d timing out but actually load the next map on the server, the clients get dropped due to the server not responding in under 30 seconds.

Just a thought.