Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2018 , 03:13   [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #1

Hey all,

We all know about this new update Steam released yesterday in regards to the new Steam Beta Client which has a lot of chat changes and the way the in-game overlay etc works.

After my testing it seems that any plugins that create web shortcuts (for example, !forums will open your servers forums) no longer work. I haven't been able to test much but I have this theory as I was trying to configure some new web commands and straight after the beta client none of my in-game commands which open URLs worked.

Once I reverted this update all was working perfectly as if nothing happened. I would like to ask you all to check your servers after this client update and see if this is the case for you. It might have to be fixed their side or sourcemod's that I am unsure of but I cannot confirm or deny this is true without others inputs.

Thanks,
Lubricant Jam.

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 06-14-2018 at 03:18.
AceNetworks
Old 06-14-2018 , 03:24   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #2

I use the new update and getting the same issues :/ i hope they fix this
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2018 , 04:26   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #3

Seems in the new steam update also they are disabling play embedded videos automatically on the new update also which means if you run advertisements to support your servers then it's very bad news.

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 06-14-2018 at 04:31.
ThatKidWhoGames
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2018 , 05:48   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
Seems in the new steam update also they are disabling play embedded videos automatically on the new update also which means if you run advertisements to support your servers then it's very bad news.
I don't get why Valve intentionally fucks over community servers like this when server hosts are the thing keeping their games alive. Not to mention, server hosts are also helping Valve fit players onto more servers.

Last edited by ThatKidWhoGames; 06-14-2018 at 05:49.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2018 , 05:58   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKidWhoGames View Post
I don't get why Valve intentionally fucks over community servers like this when server hosts are the thing keeping their games alive. Not to mention, server hosts are also helping Valve fit players onto more servers.
After further testing, although it says that in their steam client update log, they still seem to work on the MOTD (cannot test in-game yet as it's still bugged, although they are rolling out bug fixes for the new beta so hopefully the whole thread will be fixed)
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2018 , 06:18   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKidWhoGames View Post
ho-ho-hold the fuck up, I'm all about the community server circlejerk too but this is a Chromium configuration; no intentional action by Valve here.

Seems fine on TF2; between my test and production servers, audio streaming, default MOTDs, profile pages all work fine barring some inconsistencies that I CBA to sort out (which also occur without the client beta update).

Both CS:GO and TF2 seem to have problems with popups while using the Steam Client Beta along with my cache buster setup (which is more of a headache for CS:GO), but background pages seem fine; my listen.moe plugin still works.

The Steam overlay user agent indicates that Steam is running CEF based off of Chromium 65 (try searching up "get user agent" on Google), so no autoplay rules should be in place for the time being. You can check the current version according to client update notes indicating changes to "internal web views".

You can verify that autoplay works with these test pages in the overlay. Keep in mind that autoplay will be restricted to WebAudio only from existing CEF builds based on Chromium 66 onward, then expected to be not at all doable in 70+.

Last edited by nosoop; 06-16-2018 at 01:51. Reason: minor rephrase
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2018 , 08:54   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #7

Like I said prior, I don't think they'll want to get rid of it as it's within their interest to please the community with the state of CSGO currently.
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2018 , 10:55   Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)
Reply With Quote #8

Lets hope all these issues are fixed before they roll out the update to main steam branch.