Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Possible to issue allow/deny overrides on groups?

Post New Thread Reply   

michaelrw
Old 09-02-2017 , 13:21   Possible to issue allow/deny overrides on groups?
Reply With Quote #1

In Sourcemod there are two types of overrides: command overrides and group overrides. Command overrides allow you to change the flag needed for a certain command or command-group. Group overrides allow you to allow/deny commands for an admin group regardless of which flags that group has (see Wiki). This is done in admin_groups.cfg. For example, I have a group called 'Mods' with the vote flag 'k', but i want to remove the ability of these members to start a vote for gravity change. To do this, I simply add a new line in the 'overrides' section of that group,
Code:
"sm_votegravity"  "deny"
There are many of these examples in my admin setup where I have assigned them all a certain set of flags, but there are various commands within those flags that I do not want that group to have access to. How can this be accomplished with sourcebans? Or do I have to continue using sourcemod flatfile?
(btw, i tried manually adding these lines into sb_admin_groups.cfg but as soon as SB refreshes the files, those lines are removed. Here is an example of my admin_groups config)
Thanks

Last edited by michaelrw; 09-02-2017 at 13:23.
ThatKidWhoGames
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2017 , 06:17   Re: Possible to issue allow/deny overrides on groups?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
In Sourcemod there are two types of overrides: command overrides and group overrides. Command overrides allow you to change the flag needed for a certain command or command-group. Group overrides allow you to allow/deny commands for an admin group regardless of which flags that group has (see Wiki). This is done in admin_groups.cfg. For example, I have a group called 'Mods' with the vote flag 'k', but i want to remove the ability of these members to start a vote for gravity change. To do this, I simply add a new line in the 'overrides' section of that group,
Code:
"sm_votegravity"  "deny"
There are many of these examples in my admin setup where I have assigned them all a certain set of flags, but there are various commands within those flags that I do not want that group to have access to. How can this be accomplished with sourcebans? Or do I have to continue using sourcemod flatfile?
(btw, i tried manually adding these lines into sb_admin_groups.cfg but as soon as SB refreshes the files, those lines are removed. Here is an example of my admin_groups config)
Thanks
In the groups section of your SourceBans page (here), click on the group you want to add overrides to and hit edit (example). Than, scroll towards the bottom and you will see a form to add group overrides (screenshot). Hope this helps!

Last edited by ThatKidWhoGames; 09-19-2017 at 06:18.