Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admin Slots f117bomb Style

Post New Thread Reply   

onedamage
Old 04-19-2004 , 08:45  
Reply With Quote #21

i take it by the little reponse that u can't use the .amx to port it. maybe i'll post on the old forum of amx for the guy to post the .sma
Send a message via ICQ to onedamage Send a message via MSN to onedamage
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2004 , 10:19  
Reply With Quote #22

Nothing can be done without the source .sma file... this plugin works well I am not sure what you need I guess... maybe you can get that guys source.

Vic/DT
Old 04-19-2004 , 20:03  
Reply With Quote #23

this plugin with the link works so that when u connect when the server is full it automatically kicks someone while ur connecting (with steam). no manual connecting, which is great, cause i got a few admins on my server that are computer illiterate
i posted on the amx site for the guy to post the source.
Send a message via ICQ to onedamage Send a message via MSN to onedamage
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2004 , 19:43  
Reply With Quote #24

Sven Co-Op is buggy
TS should work fine.
Old 04-24-2004 , 10:02  
Reply With Quote #25

sorry, noob question coming up...

in the amxx.cfg, i take it amx_reservation is now used to specify the method for choosing a player to kick if an admin arrives in a "full" server rather than specifying the number of reserved slots?

also, in 16 (+1) player server does that mean there are potentially 16 reserved slots?

thanks^^
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2004 , 14:13  
Reply With Quote #26

You should ONLY one reserved slot... thats the invisible one allowing admins to slide in.

Vic/DT
Old 04-27-2004 , 12:25  
Reply With Quote #27

ok 2 questions, the first is n00bish, what does it mean to port a plugin?

Ive heard it a number of times and I can olny figure it to mean something to do with client access. But I have a feeling Im way off.

2nd, if you start your server with 16+1 for ex so really 17 slots, and the server is full, is there a way to have that 17th slot be used to play?

I run a 24 slot server, and I want to set reserved access for all members, but I want to keep my available slots at 24, and I cant run it at 25.
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2004 , 14:41  
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic
ok 2 questions, the first is n00bish, what does it mean to port a plugin?

Ive heard it a number of times and I can olny figure it to mean something to do with client access. But I have a feeling Im way off.

2nd, if you start your server with 16+1 for ex so really 17 slots, and the server is full, is there a way to have that 17th slot be used to play?

I run a 24 slot server, and I want to set reserved access for all members, but I want to keep my available slots at 24, and I cant run it at 25.
Porting = converting from AMX to AMXX...

Not with this particular flavor of admin slot reservation... I believe the default plugin will do it, just a different way of going about it.

Vic/DT
Old 04-27-2004 , 15:54  
Reply With Quote #29

ah, that makes sense then, since I never heard about it on any other forums. What about converting Adminmod scripts to amxx?

I have a snipers only script that I edited from someones TFC script for adminmod and I want to make it so you cant use the scope, for what I call "hunting season"

Snipers only, with no scopes, and I suppose knives too would be ok. It works great except for the old random bug that ignored class limits; that and when you tsay NO SCOPES, and kick one guy to make your point and the next thing you see is a slow aiming sniper.

I think the daminmod sma file is more complicated than the amx ones, so I would think it would be easy to re-write. Or "port."
pendragon
Old 04-28-2004 , 12:18  
Reply With Quote #30

Is the only way for this to work via a console connect or can my admins use desktop shortcuts and or the Steam server gui?

also - is there an .ini file that I am supposed to have filled in all the admins i want to give reserved slots to or is this taken care of via amxx admin rights?