Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 14:32   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaludan View Post
So, you are going to be usefull after all
It remains to be seen. ;)

Quote:
First - a bug.
I have "extending current map" enabled, but it usually just makes plugin somehow stopping.
When players vote for map extension, it is impossible to get a vote for next map. Rtv by anybody, and gal_startvote by admins just returns with "vote already in progress", but it never comes up, and, when time runs up, it changes map to de_nuke (always).
What is interesting there is that I have this plugin on two servers. One server runs app 180 different maps, and it happens almost every time extension gets voted, and it's always de_nuke.
Second server is smaller - 12 slots only - so it has app 70 smaller maps. But, it came with all default maps, and though in any map related files only small maps were listed, it too was changing to de_nuke, untill I've deleted it from maps folder. Now, it changes to fy_snow which is server's "start up" map.
On the 180 map server, what significance does "de_nuke" have? I mean, is it the startup map? The first map in the mapcycle file?

I'll take a look at this.

Quote:
Second - is it possible to limit nominations, and plugin's map "offerings" by number of players on server?
This problem can partially be solved by "groups" option, but, there is very often an idiot than nominates aim_headshot on full server, and, since it gets in slot "1", there is serious chance for it to be next map.
If you think this could be adresses, I'd elaborate further what I think should be done...
Are you referring to small/large maps depending on number of players on the server? If so, I haven't done anything with it yet, but I plan to. Go ahead and elaborate anyway.

Quote:
Of course, third thing would be that voting menu doesn't start with "1", but you've already sad it's not possible, so...
The unreleased version currently allows randomizing the order of maps displayed so as to help with this issue. It won't stop people from voting the first map, but the first map can now be random, so it'll help mitigate it.
Old 02-22-2015 , 15:11   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
On the 180 map server, what significance does "de_nuke" have? I mean, is it the startup map? The first map in the mapcycle file?

I'll take a look at this.
No, it has absolutely no significance - that's why I mentioned the "small server" issue - it wasn't even listed in any file (map related or not), but it would still change to it.
It can't be first in maps folder by any sort - alphabetically, by size, or creation/modification date (there is more maps created at same time, but it only changes to de_nuke)

Quote:
Are you referring to small/large maps depending on number of players on the server? If so, I haven't done anything with it yet, but I plan to. Go ahead and elaborate anyway.
My idea is a bit complicated, but I'll try...
The problem with fixing the limit for small/large maps is when number of players is just under or over the limit - players choose a map, and two players leave/enter and you have "wrong size".
So, my idea is that "gray area" is needed.
For example, let's have four groups of maps:
small - fy_snow, aim headsot
small to middle - fy_anywhere, de_dust_2x2
middle to large - de_cs16, de_spay, cs_italy
large - de_alexandra, de_survivor

You make cvars that would enable us to dictate number of players that would allow map groups to be nominated, and, if there are no nominations, which groups to pick voting options from.
Additionaly, cvars should be possible to overlap - for example, I'd like to make 6 limit for small maps, but still, when it's exactly 6 players, I'd like them to be able to nominate fy_anywhere.

Quote:
The unreleased version currently allows randomizing the order of maps displayed so as to help with this issue. It won't stop people from voting the first map, but the first map can now be random, so it'll help mitigate it.
I guess that means there is no way to "simply" block first slot or two?
I have a crazy idea for that too
Is it possible to make a cvar that would fix a certain map in the first slot or two?

P.S. Bear in mind that I have no clue about programming - I only know what I would like to have
wicho
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 15:12   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1473

Quote:
As far as I can recall, you can't. I mean, you could do something like fill the first four options with blanks and then disable them, but I don't think you can actually start at 5.

It's been a really long time though. Anyone who has used menus more recently would probably be able to give a more definitive answer.
ya is possible i saw it in a server http://imgur.com/Fj66x4f
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 15:48   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1474

The problem isn't that they're picking the first map. That's just a manifestation of the problem. The root issue is that they don't care and just want to get the vote out of their face. The quickest way for them to do that is to hit whichever button.

If we got rid of "1", they'd just hit a different button. There's nothing special about "1" other than it's easy to choose. You get rid of "1", and maybe "2" becomes the easy to choose option that everyone chooses.

I do realize, now, that it is possible, but based on my argument above, I'm not going to add it.

It is, however, specifically why I implemented the random display option. We can't stop them from choosing the easiest way to get rid of a vote, but we can make it so the earlier alphabetical maps won't be played as often.
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:01   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1475

Quote:
No, it has absolutely no significance - that's why I mentioned the "small server" issue - it wasn't even listed in any file (map related or not), but it would still change to it.
It can't be first in maps folder by any sort - alphabetically, by size, or creation/modification date (there is more maps created at same time, but it only changes to de_nuke)
Odd. Like I said though, I'm going to take a look at this -- hopefully today. Once I start investigating, I may have more questions, but until then I've got nothing else to add.

Quote:
My idea is a bit complicated, but I'll try...
The problem with fixing the limit for small/large maps is when number of players is just under or over the limit - players choose a map, and two players leave/enter and you have "wrong size".
So, my idea is that "gray area" is needed.
For example, let's have four groups of maps:
small - fy_snow, aim headsot
small to middle - fy_anywhere, de_dust_2x2
middle to large - de_cs16, de_spay, cs_italy
large - de_alexandra, de_survivor

You make cvars that would enable us to dictate number of players that would allow map groups to be nominated, and, if there are no nominations, which groups to pick voting options from.
Additionaly, cvars should be possible to overlap - for example, I'd like to make 6 limit for small maps, but still, when it's exactly 6 players, I'd like them to be able to nominate fy_anywhere.
When I get around to implementing this, I'll keep in mind the grey area between levels.

Quote:
I guess that means there is no way to "simply" block first slot or two?
I have a crazy idea for that too
Is it possible to make a cvar that would fix a certain map in the first slot or two?
There is. There is.

I won't.

Quote:
P.S. Bear in mind that I have no clue about programming - I only know what I would like to have
You're my favorite kind of client.
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:06   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1476

Possibly, I could look into the feasibility of adding an option to move the "Extend", "None", and "Stay Here" options to the top, essentially flipping the options. I think that'd help mitigate the issue even more. We'll see though.
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:14   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1477

ok dont add it, but could you put the code to place it that way? I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me with this, this in the zombie mode it would help a lot cuz in this form this does not affect when the players choose their weapons (weapon slots)..

Last edited by wicho; 02-22-2015 at 16:27.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-22-2015 , 16:34   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1478

Yeah, I totally forgot about the weapon slots and how they interfere with voting. It's been years since I've played the game. All I've done for this recent activity is fire up a listen server.
Old 02-22-2015 , 17:15   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1479

zaludan, I can't reproduce your "time extended" issue on the current release.

Can you provide me with the result of the following commands in the console of a server having the issue?:

meta list
amxx plugins
amxx cvars

Have you altered the plugin in any way? Did you get the plugin from somewhere other than here?
Old 02-23-2015 , 02:12   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1480

Quote:
Yeah, I totally forgot about the weapon slots and how they interfere with voting. It's been years since I've played the game. All I've done for this recent activity is fire up a listen server.
Yup, weapon slots are bigger issue than just "quick removing of vote" - quick removing would be giving lots of 2s and 3s, but weapon slot 1 is the most important one, so it gets voted far more than any other.