Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

srcds getting wrong public ip

Post New Thread Reply   

awxy
Old 10-16-2018 , 04:46   srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

We have a dedicated and its public ip: x.x.x.170. We have a firewall also and we gave x.x.x.177 ip with firewall not on vds. We cant give on VDS. The Server is working but I cant join the server. Because it's taking wrong ip. This my command;

./srcds_run -game csgo -usercon -strictportbind -ip 172.16.20.3 +net_public_adr x.x.x.177 -port 27015 +clientport 27005 +sv_setsteamaccount xxx -tickrate 128 +map de_dust2 +servercfgfile csgoserver.cfg -maxplayers_override 20 +mapgroup mg_active +game_mode 0 +game_type 0 -nobreakpad -debug

Normally, it should be: x.x.x.177 but its taken dedicated public address: x.x.x.170

Can you help me, please? How can I resolve that?

RESULT:

Logging into Steam gameserver account with logon token 'XXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Connection to Steam servers successful.
Public IP is x.x.x.170.
Triniayo
Old 10-16-2018 , 04:58   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #2

Wait. You have a dedicated server with one public IP address. Did I understand that correctly so far? If yes, I'll continue.

I assume "x.x.x.177" is the IP with which you connect to the dedicated server remotely (SSH).

So why exactly are you setting -ip to "172.16.20.3"? I don't get this point tbh. Remove the "-ip" parameter. You don't really need it.

Code:
-nobreakpad -game csgo -console -usercon -secure -maxplayers_override 20 -tickrate 128 +hostport 27015 +net_public_adr x.x.x.177 -nohltv +sv_pure 0 +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_dust2
^Try these start parameters.

Send a message via Skype™ to Triniayo
awxy
Old 10-16-2018 , 05:05   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLike View Post
Wait. You have a dedicated server with one public IP address. Did I understand that correctly so far? If yes, I'll continue.

I assume "x.x.x.177" is the IP with which you connect to the dedicated server remotely (SSH).

So why exactly are you setting -ip to "172.16.20.3"? I don't get this point tbh. Remove the "-ip" parameter. You don't really need it.

Code:
-nobreakpad -game csgo -console -usercon -secure -maxplayers_override 20 -tickrate 128 +hostport 27015 +net_public_adr x.x.x.177 -nohltv +sv_pure 0 +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_dust2
^Try these start parameters.
Thank you for the reply.

I'm using to VPN to connect our servers.

-DEDICATED SERVER (x.x.x.170)
--VDS (LAN IP: 172.16.20.3)

-FIREWALL
--We gave access to the ports of x.x.x.177 to connect our 172.16.20.3
--172.16.20.3 doesnt have a public address directly. It's going out on thr firewall.

thats life cycle our system. So I cant do what you are saying.
Triniayo
Old 10-16-2018 , 07:48   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #4

It's not gonna work like that. And I don't understand why you would even do it.

You're trying to hide the IP of your actual server. You do realise, that if your redirect-IP gets DDoSed, your redirection is not going to work anymore, right?

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-16-2018 , 14:31   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #5

On the server that has both x.x.x.170 and x.x.x.177, you need to configure source based routing in the outound direction depending on the origin IP address, and assign that 172.16.20.3 to be routed out from x.x.x.177.

Whether it can be done with your setup depends on how it's done and what kind of systems and/or software/hardware firewalls you are using.

When the source based routing has been configured properly, Steam will see any connections from 172.16.20.3 to be done via x.x.x.177.

Your question is NOT related to Source Servers (SRCDS), or any other section on AlliedModders, as it involves network configurations and not the game server itself.

In order to figure out how, you are looking to find somewhere else, where they support your current setup (e.g. the "firewall" you mention), and ask them how to accomplish the source based routing.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2018 , 01:22   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #6

I think you have a typo in your command line. +net_public_adr x.x.x.177 should likely be +net_public_addr x.x.x.177
Old 10-17-2018 , 03:51   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I think you have a typo in your command line. +net_public_adr x.x.x.177 should likely be +net_public_addr x.x.x.177
Nope.

awxy
Old 10-17-2018 , 08:37   Re: srcds getting wrong public ip
Reply With Quote #8

Thanks your replies. There is no way I guess I couldnt find anyway to solve like that. So I set 0.0.0.177 to public ip. And It works.