Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

Siska1
Old 08-10-2022 , 08:18   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1051

I tried everything, but with this plugin it is absolutely impossible to vote for a map from the same mod, as every rtv and every other plugin works. You absolutely always vote for something else, but not for the next map from the same mod. Unfortunately, I also haven't found anyone who can make it work like the other two multi mods. Thus, the mod is completely unusable and the plugin meaningless. People have been asking me why I can't choose my maps. What is the point of this? There should be two separate commands - one "rtv" for maps and the other "/mode" for the mods themselves separately. If someone can do this someday I will be glad...

Last edited by Siska1; 08-10-2022 at 08:21.
Send a message via Skype™ to Siska1
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2022 , 00:33   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siska1 View Post
I tried everything, but with this plugin it is absolutely impossible to vote for a map from the same mod, as every rtv and every other plugin works. You absolutely always vote for something else, but not for the next map from the same mod. Unfortunately, I also haven't found anyone who can make it work like the other two multi mods.
So, if you like the other multi-mod plugins then why not just use one of them? What is the reason you are considering Polymorph?

Quote:
Thus, the mod is completely unusable and the plugin meaningless.
That statement is condescending and broadly untrue. It works as it was intended. I'm willing to consider making changes that make sense for the plugin's functionality but so far, you're request have not made any sense to me.

At one point, I thought you simply wanted regular players to have access to the amx_nextmod amx_modvote commands which you can easily do by changing the command access in cmdaccess.ini.

Quote:
People have been asking me why I can't choose my maps. What is the point of this? There should be two separate commands - one "rtv" for maps and the other "/mode" for the mods themselves separately. If someone can do this someday I will be glad...
"mod" and "mode" are two very different things. The "mode" is set via the "poly_mode" cvar. Which one are you talking about? What is this "/mode" thing you are talking about? What does it do?

Are you trying to ask for an RTV for the map vote AND another RTV for the mod vote?

Have you tried using poly_mode 2 with the "mapspermod" set to 1? This will let you vote for both the mod and the map on every map. If you use RTV, it will trigger both votes.
Old 10-17-2022 , 12:30   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
So, if you like the other multi-mod plugins then why not just use one of them? What is the reason you are considering Polymorph?

That statement is condescending and broadly untrue. It works as it was intended. I'm willing to consider making changes that make sense for the plugin's functionality but so far, you're request have not made any sense to me.

At one point, I thought you simply wanted regular players to have access to the amx_nextmod amx_modvote commands which you can easily do by changing the command access in cmdaccess.ini.

"mod" and "mode" are two very different things. The "mode" is set via the "poly_mode" cvar. Which one are you talking about? What is this "/mode" thing you are talking about? What does it do?

Are you trying to ask for an RTV for the map vote AND another RTV for the mod vote?

Have you tried using poly_mode 2 with the "mapspermod" set to 1? This will let you vote for both the mod and the map on every map. If you use RTV, it will trigger both votes.
Your multi mod is currently the only one that can be used. The others have some advantages, but do not work properly in the end. At least on my server it doesn't work and there is always something wrong.
But the way you indicate changes both the map and the mod, but that's how we go to another mod.
I just want to play one mod until I feel like switching to another. But while playing a mod I want to be able to switch maps. Rather than waiting until the end of one map, it's time to vote for another. There should be two different commands. RTV serves to change maps, and that's why it should be. Then we need to have a second command in case we want to change the mod.

Here's another big problem : When restarting the server, the first mod with the maps attached to it never starts, instead the maps and mods get mixed up.

The biggest problem is that these are not my whims. People join the server and ask why they can't choose maps as in any other server...

What is this plugin and all others like it for?

I don't know how it is with you, but we don't have a single admin in the whole country and it's been like this for several years. We make our servers absolutely automatic and people must have the right to choose and be able to choose maps and mods at any time, but it must work with percentages just like rtv, so that it cannot be abused.

Last edited by Siska1; 10-17-2022 at 16:26.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2022 , 00:53   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1054

Quote:
Your multi mod is currently the only one that can be used. The others have some advantages, but do not work properly in the end. At least on my server it doesn't work and there is always something wrong.
But the way you indicate changes both the map and the mod, but that's how we go to another mod.
I just want to play one mod until I feel like switching to another. But while playing a mod I want to be able to switch maps. Rather than waiting until the end of one map, it's time to vote for another. There should be two different commands. RTV serves to change maps, and that's why it should be. Then we need to have a second command in case we want to change the mod.

The biggest problem is that these are not my whims. People join the server and ask why they can't choose maps as in any other server...

I don't know how it is with you, but we don't have a single admin in the whole country and it's been like this for several years. We make our servers absolutely automatic and people must have the right to choose and be able to choose maps and mods at any time, but it must work with percentages just like rtv, so that it cannot be abused.
Given what exists, I think the best option for your "unattended" server is what I mentioned previously with mode 2 and mapspermod set to 1.

I don't really have time to attempt making something that will be exactly what you want.

Quote:
What is this plugin and all others like it for?
What kind of question is that?

Quote:
Here's another big problem : When restarting the server, the first mod with the maps attached to it never starts, instead the maps and mods get mixed up.
How often does your server do a hard restart? I wouldn't expect it to do a hard restart more than once per day and I'd also expect it to occur when there are few if any people on the server (we schedule ours for 6am when most people have gone to bed).

Also, this is just the nature of this kind of thing. It's because plugins can only be fully and properly en/disabled before the map loads. Well, when the server is first started (or hard restarted) the plugin wasn't running before so it wasn't able to properly configure and synchronize with the plugins that were loaded by the server (though I swear I remember trying to determine what mod was last configured).

I imagine you could try to detect a "first start" and then soft restart the server to allow the Polymorph plugin to properly synchronize the loaded plugins.
Old 10-29-2022 , 11:10   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I imagine you could try to detect a "first start" and then soft restart the server to allow the Polymorph plugin to properly synchronize the loaded plugins.
I think Galileo has something like this, it detects if server crashed/hard restarted and it starts a map vote.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2022 , 14:46   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
I think Galileo has something like this, it detects if server crashed/hard restarted and it starts a map vote.
I've done it before in other plugins so I know of at least one way to do it. I just never did it here.
Old 11-22-2022 , 04:48   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1057

I found more irregularities now. When there is a vote for maps in the vote, for example, dust 2 is present, but dust 2 is being played at the moment, and yet there is also extended below.
Why is there a map in the vote that I'm currently playing?
I guess this is because I have few maps in this mod and the plugin doesn't turn them off ?

And I noticed something strange again, which is a problem. In a gungame, very often when one map is played, the same map is played immediately after that. I'm using version 2.13c and I guess it's from the gungame itself, because the other mods don't repeat maps.
I also assume that if I don't select a map, the first one in the list automatically starts and maybe that's why it repeats ?

I can't figure out why this plugin works so strangely, but unfortunately it turns out to be the only plugin that can be used by all 4 or 5 multi mod plugins.
Еverything else is a tragedy and even the one that works with Galileo turned out to be unusable.

I want to ask one more thing :
// #include <polymorph>
This is commented out in the plugin, but should it be ?

When we select the extend mod and map, however, it changes...

Last edited by Siska1; 11-25-2022 at 05:59. Reason: new wrongs
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2022 , 23:19   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1058

Quote:
I found more irregularities now. When there is a vote for maps in the vote, for example, dust 2 is present, but dust 2 is being played at the moment, and yet there is also extended below.
Why is there a map in the vote that I'm currently playing?
I guess this is because I have few maps in this mod and the plugin doesn't turn them off ?
I remove the current map from the map list for the currently running mod. So, if you're going to be switching to a different mod, it will include the current map if it's in that mod's map list. However, the extend option shouldn't even be showing unless the current mod was extended (or is going to be the "nextmod"). This means that you should never see what you are describing. I would probably need more info about your configuration and circumstances to try and debug the issue.

Do you have the mod "name" attribute defined before the mod "mapsfile" attribute in all of the mod config files? The only thing I can think of at this point is if "mapsfile" is defined before "name" it will allow the current map to load into the maps list.

Quote:
And I noticed something strange again, which is a problem. In a gungame, very often when one map is played, the same map is played immediately after that. I'm using version 2.13c and I guess it's from the gungame itself, because the other mods don't repeat maps.
I can't remember if I asked previously, but did you make the changes required to be able to run GunGame with Polymorph as described in my second post? I would assume you did but it's one of those "Tier 1 IT support" type questions that needs asked.

Quote:
I also assume that if I don't select a map, the first one in the list automatically starts and maybe that's why it repeats ?
Yes, the "default next map" is the first map in the next mod's map list.

Quote:
I can't figure out why this plugin works so strangely
I've seen people using it just fine. It seems you're just using it more than most and are finding more of the corner conditions.

Quote:
I want to ask one more thing :
// #include <polymorph>
This is commented out in the plugin, but should it be ?
This is only in the add-on plugins and I did it because I inline the functions from the include file that are used by the particular plugin so that the forum compiler will be able to compile the plugin directly (the forum compiler only has the default include files for AMX Mod X).

If you're writing your own plugin and use a compiler that is capable of referencing the custom include file then you can just #include it like you would normally. For example, I have VS Code configured with the AMXXPawn extension to be able to include both custom and default includes all at once (even without having to combine them).

Quote:
When we select the extend mod and map, however, it changes...
Not really sure what this comment is referencing.
Old 12-02-2022 , 07:06   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1059

First I want to thank you for your patience and because you must be the only person who still helps newbies.
At this stage almost everything is clear to me, but there are still one or two things I want to clarify.

The first thing is if I can somehow stop the map vote at the end of each map. I tried stopping your mapchooser and adding a separate rtv. I did the command to change mod - /mod and accordingly I have rtv to change maps. At first glance everything worked perfectly, but then I noticed that I have a vote at the end of each map and the vote comes out double. I made 3 maps appear in the vote, but somehow it triggers a second time and almost immediately another 3 maps appear. I tried installing the rtv plugin three times for each of my three mods separately. rtv looks for each mod file for maps and it works perfectly, but when the vote comes out at the end of each map it gets a bit confused.

So my question was, was there any way to stop the vote at the end of each map, and everything else to continue working ?
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2022 , 23:14   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1060

What are you installing? Did you create a custom plugin?