Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks

Post New Thread Reply   

Mr. Stuky
Old 07-31-2010 , 17:54   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #51

Can't get the plugin to work with MYSQL. The buy menu won't show and I already put a key to it on the buymenu.txt. Can Anyone help? The plugin works great if i store it local but i want to store it on MYSQL DB.

I get

|Ne| Stuky : !buy
Unknown command: sm_buy

Last edited by Mr. Stuky; 07-31-2010 at 18:02.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2010 , 23:13   Re: Credit/ Candy Mod: Tweaks
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyHunter View Post
Anyone actualy using this mod anymore?
I still use this mod, just have not really changed things in a while. However I would love to figure out how to prevent people from buying pumpkins while they are spectating. How hard is it to add a check to the plugin?
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-15-2010 , 23:17   Re: Credit/ Candy Mod: Tweaks
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyHunter View Post
Hi DeathMaster,

Edited Pumpkin Code ->

The Evil Pumpkin Hat!

In the buymenu.txt

sm_pumpkin @me
Spawns a pumpkin at your aim.

sm_buypumpkin $
Displays a menu to buyer of who to give the evil pumpkin hat.

Attached code, tested and works! Yay!
Just reinstalled my server and tried your version again and I still get the same results. Nothing works in the buy menu. Now I wish you had not deleted your other edited pumpkin code as at least I could spawn a pumpkin @aim with that one. I am still at a loss why this doesnt work.
AxelsDawn
Old 09-02-2010 , 13:20   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #54

Ok, I'm new to all this technical stuff in addons. I have no idea how to put together the menu for this. I'd like to have the options of a few secons of crits, lighting someone on fire, slaying someone, invisibility, and really anything fun that could be thrown in there. Can you explain how it works?
Also, how do you customize the prices and how many points people get for, say capping, killing, and being on the winning team?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-03-2010 , 03:32   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelsDawn View Post
Ok, I'm new to all this technical stuff in addons. I have no idea how to put together the menu for this. I'd like to have the options of a few secons of crits, lighting someone on fire, slaying someone, invisibility, and really anything fun that could be thrown in there. Can you explain how it works?
Also, how do you customize the prices and how many points people get for, say capping, killing, and being on the winning team?
The commands for those abilities have to exist first of all. Secondly you can adjust the cvars in cfg/*plugin*.cfg
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2011 , 11:00   Re: Credit/ Candy Mod: Tweaks
Reply With Quote #56

I just setup your updated version and I like it a lot. However there is one thing that everyone comments on and that is the lack of a back feature from a sub category. You haven't by chance modified it to have it do you?

Last edited by DeathMaster; 07-26-2011 at 16:17.
TheSpyHunter
Old 10-04-2011 , 12:29   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #57

Hey DeathMaster, you finally got it sorted!

No I didn't get round to editing the mod any further, only a few minor tweaks here and there.

I've been out of the TF2 loop for over a year, so I've come back and found giving hats and weapons no longer works
Old 01-31-2012 , 23:48   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #58

Need help badly.
I have no idea what's wrong, I have every file as it should be I have the database setup on my website, everything is just how it should be but when I type in sm_buy it says unknown command. I looked through the plugin making sure that there weren't any syntax errors, I checked every little piece of the plugin related to registering that console command but it still doesn't work.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2012 , 03:17   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #59

Any chance someone could make this work with SQL? I would like to use this on multiple servers if possible.
TheSpyHunter
Old 05-18-2013 , 22:06   Re: [TF2] Shop Credit Mod + Tweaks
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
Any chance someone could make this work with SQL? I would like to use this on multiple servers if possible.
I'm not sure what you mean, it works in SQL already and one database can be used for multiple games.