GunGame AMXX

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-28-2007 , 15:36   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

About endround lag (1-2sec freeze > 5x "won!" message > mapchange):
1. gg_stats_mode 2
2. 41133 bytes

Another question: If gg_weapon_orderX is/are set, gg_weapon_order will be ignored or added into the random cycle?
polakpolak
Old 01-28-2007 , 17:55   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

I use gg_stats_mode 2,

The size of the stats is only 25kb, I manually reset it monthly.

Lets say I want after a period of 30days, for teh stats file to save and start a new one, is that possible?
Its not that important, just asking.

One more quiky, Just to make sure.

If I add gg_weapon_order to a map.cfg for exemple de_dust2.cfg, it will follow taht order and not the one in gungame.cfg right?

Thanks again.
WC3FT Server IP: 69.9.42.144:27015
500Fps www.PolakServers.com
------------------------------------

Last edited by polakpolak; 01-28-2007 at 17:58.
Send a message via MSN to polakpolak
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2007 , 19:42   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

pl2003: gg_weapon_order is set to one of the gg_weapon_orderX cvars. So, no matter what you set gg_weapon_order to in the config, if you are using random weapon orders, it'll be overridden. So, no, it isn't added to the list.

polakpolak: I've never tested how gungame.cfg acts in relation to amxx.cfg of map config files.

Anyway, I've certainly verified the stats things taking a long time with huge files. So, I'm converting from the old file natives to the new file natives. So far, only having converted reading but not writing, it has cut the processing time down a ton. For now you can just use gg_stats_mode 1 if you want, your score will not be lost, just not added to.
HelllBoy
Old 01-29-2007 , 04:46   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

[quote=XxAvalanchexX;432795]HelllBoy: The wav you are trying to use may not be formatted properly for HL. Additionally, you don't have to change the SMA to change the sounds. Just modify the value in gungame.cfg.[quote]

man you have right after i change that line the server oblige the users to download that sounds but ingame they aren't used , and use the old soound , how can be posible ?

in gungame.cfg is write

// sound cvars
gg_sound_levelup "gungame/smb3_powerup.wav"
gg_sound_leveldown "gungame/smb3_powerdown.wav"(i change with gg_sound_leveldown "gungame/turmentat.wav
gg_sound_nade "gungame/nade_level.wav"
gg_sound_knife "gungame/knife_level.wav"
gg_sound_welcome "gungame/gungame2.wav"
gg_sound_triple "gungame/smb_star.wav"
gg_sound_winner "media/Half-Life08.mp3"
aligind4h0us3
Old 01-29-2007 , 06:56   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
HelllBoy: The wav you are trying to use may not be formatted properly for HL.
HellBoy: Please be smart enough to read the post properly before you reply. XxAvalanchexX said that the wav file may not be formatted properly for HL. Therefore, it may not work.
Old 01-29-2007 , 13:59   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

Avalanche, sorry bro i dont have the time to read 43 pages -.- but question, are there any issues with this working on CZ?

On dust2_cz it works fine, but if i switch to any other maps for some reason the servers hitboxes dissappear, i cant slash a wall or any players. Any clue?

Im 10 $74|2$.
Send a message via AIM to 10Stars Send a message via MSN to 10Stars
klobb
Old 01-29-2007 , 16:25   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

Hello i read almost all posts and skimmed through a few and i didnt see this idea. Sorry if its been brought up.

I like the map order for randomness. with the 4 different map sets. but i think it would be capital if you could also assign weapon sets to each map set. or even each map. there are a few maps we play that would run better with custom weapons for just that map.

like i said sorry if it has been brought up before but i must have skimmed past it.
TooL
Old 01-29-2007 , 18:22   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

gg_stats_mode 2
gungame.stats - 37kb

We are also experiencing the ~3 second pause when someone wins. Is there a general rule when the file should be pruned? Seems to be much more noticable when the server is full.
Old 01-29-2007 , 18:27   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl2003 View Post
@avalanche
Sorry, I can't explain it better. It seems to be a minor bug only affecting a spectator in rare situations.
Another one is (occured two times over some hours to me) the respawning into a spectator-like-mode: Still in the game/alive (scoreboard), but spectating the players (able to switch through them) until rr.

But no serious bugs found until now
Been mentioned before... I am not positive but I think it might happen when you spawn on someone - I notice models standing around in the map looking up at the sky in a wierd pose... but they are not really 'alive' players - we have gg_dm_corpses 1.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-29-2007 , 18:58   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.13

We have gg_dm_corpses 0. Maybe it's the reason. On the other side, I got spawned on anotherones position (both of us had spawnprotection), one died.
Closed Thread