Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! 2.7.6 REVAMPED!

Post New Thread Reply   

robotortoise
Old 07-02-2014 , 19:09   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #11

Bad things I've discovered:

This plugin doesn't like to unload through the sourcemod cfg, but when it does, it still downloads all the sounds.

Sometimes the plugin's music will either overlay with other music or just...skip playing for a few seconds. I assume this is because they're mp3s and not looped wavs.

The frog boss game is missing animations. Not that it ever had them, but....

Some of the instructions are misleading or downright confusing. "Catch the cubes" should be "hit the cubes". "Don't starve!" should be "Jump rope!" and so on.

The weapons are missing, but you knew that.

Some of the games, like the "hit people" minigame, might be worthwhile to be in 3rd person for.

The frog minigame...when you die, you respawn as a regular medic.

Console errors. Specifiaclly, this: "mod_studio: MOVETYPE_FOLLOW with no model."

The assets are low-res. Specifically, the UI prompts and the .mp3 music. You can compress looping wavs using Goldwave, you know. If you need help with this, ask me or PM me on the fourms.
Also, the pinball table is rather-low res for how big it is.

The plugin doesn't like autobalance (Duh) or Sourcemod Anti-Cheat. In fact, if you have SMAC on while using this, you can get banned.

No translation files. It may be better to use stylized text for the UI instead of graphics.

The arrows that show how many points the player has don't move with the player.

It tends to lag. But that's probably expected.

Now, on to the good things!

The hitboxes for everything is VERY improved. The cars and saws especially.

The new minigames are fun! I like the pinball one!

The files are precached and I don't have to set it to download all of the external files. (Not sure why they're not in the map .bsp in the first place, but....)

I like how the music speeds up with the gameplay!

It's not insecure, like the first one was.

But yeah! This is awesome, and I'm glad someone is finally working on this plugin! Keep it up!

If you need anything, feel free to message me on the fourms or steam!

-Robtortoise [Palutena's Brp]

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server

Last edited by robotortoise; 07-02-2014 at 19:19. Reason: new idea
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2014 , 19:47   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #12

we are trying to play this but there is no overlays coming up on the screen or any text telling you what to do.. any ideas?

also, getting tons of client crashing after a short time (so far after the minigame where you hear a siren and crit rockets fly down and you are the pyro and have to airblast them?)

Code:
Entity 2 (class 'player') reported ENTITY_CHANGE_NONE but 'm_nPlayerCondEx' changed.
Entity 2 (class 'player') reported ENTITY_CHANGE_NONE but 'm_nPlayerCondEx' changed.
L 07/02/2014 - 19:54:33: "Lyric<3><STEAM_0:1:XXXXX><Red>" committed suicide with "world" (attacker_position "-87 -62 -175")
L 07/02/2014 - 19:54:35: "Lyric<3><STEAM_0:1:XXXXX><Red>" disconnected (reason "Lyric timed out")
but my error logs are clean as whistle

Last edited by lyric; 07-02-2014 at 20:02.
TonyBaretta
Old 07-02-2014 , 19:51   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #13

@ liric
download the pack and upload all the files on fastdl and make sure u have added on your server in MAPS TF2Ware_v2.res

@robotortoise

about the bad things :

- for prevent download sounds all time u need to unload the plugin
- about the music override maybe need to check the timers config , but for sure is a fault of the speedup

- Frog game is perferct join my server and try never see that issue

- the cubes need to be touched not hitted and btw for change it need to rebuild the sprites , hit an enemy and the others are the oldest i haven't touch that ( the problem is need to change all the paths -.-)

- about hit the player in 3 person is ok seems be good

- Console errors. Specifiaclly, this: "mod_studio: MOVETYPE_FOLLOW with no model." after last update .... idk how fix it

- about translation files , i think are better the sprites for keep the Wario Ware style up

- the pinball table i know but i can't add more props on the map or not compile correctly beacouse the table isn't linear if u add more props not compile the lights and go over the limits of source engine

- sprites don't follow the players , again valve fault u can't attack nothing on top head

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the good things :

i have other 2 -3 games to add but need HELP !!! XD

if someone want help me contact me

Last edited by TonyBaretta; 07-02-2014 at 19:53.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2014 , 20:56   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #14

TonyBaretta; this game has the same issue as the old tf2ware where sometiems it will spawn everyone above the map and something wonky goes on with the respawn time then after awhile it fixes itself? what is happen?

also, catchube minigame errors big time
Code:
L 07/02/2014 - 20:55:09: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "mw_tf2ware.smx":
L 07/02/2014 - 20:55:09: [SM]   [0]  Line 213, E:\nuovo orangebox prove\scripting\include\tf2ware\microgames\catchcube.inc::OnTouchCube()

Last edited by lyric; 07-02-2014 at 20:57.
robotortoise
Old 07-02-2014 , 21:32   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBaretta View Post
@ liric
download the pack and upload all the files on fastdl and make sure u have added on your server in MAPS TF2Ware_v2.res

@robotortoise

about the bad things :

- for prevent download sounds all time u need to unload the plugin
Yeah, I did that. Maybe it's a bug with not unloading. Hmm.
Quote:
@ liric
- about the music override maybe need to check the timers config , but for sure is a fault of the speedup
Okay, how do I fix that?
Quote:
@ liric
- Frog game is perferct join my server and try never see that issue
Well, it's not an issue, just a suggestion.
Quote:
@ liric
- the cubes need to be touched not hitted and btw for change it need to rebuild the sprites , hit an enemy and the others are the oldest i haven't touch that ( the problem is need to change all the paths -.-)
Ah, okay. Maybe you could take a look at those eventually.

Quote:
@ liric
- the pinball table i know but i can't add more props on the map or not compile correctly beacouse the table isn't linear if u add more props not compile the lights and go over the limits of source engine
No, I meant just make the texture higher-res. Like, the texture on the player.
Quote:
@ liric
- sprites don't follow the players , again valve fault u can't attack nothing on top head
What about when a player is using voice chat? That sprite follows the player.
Quote:
@ liric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the good things :

i have other 2 -3 games to add but need HELP !!! XD

if someone want help me contact me
Okay, well I can help with music. If you want I can make higher quality looped or nonlooped versions of the music.

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

Konkey Dong
Old 07-02-2014 , 22:10   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #16

It would be nice to have an option to set the chance of each minigame, as well as having the scores constantly be displayed during all minigames. Hats would also be nice

Also "ww_speed" does not seem to work at all, unless 1.0 means 2x the speed.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-02-2014 , 22:56   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #17

This is really glitchy. Let me know if you need any help with it.

- Jack
Windroid
Old 07-02-2014 , 23:51   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #18

the Geavy player model in the hugging boss level are missing.Can anyone give a download link?

Last edited by Windroid; 07-03-2014 at 03:16.
Sigara
Old 07-03-2014 , 01:17   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #19

[SM] Loaded extension steamtools.ext.so successfully.
[SM] Plugin mw_tf2ware.smx failed to load
Required extension "SteamTools" file("steamtools.ext") not running.

what.

Last edited by Sigara; 07-03-2014 at 01:18.
robotortoise
Old 07-03-2014 , 01:23   Re: [TF2] TF2Ware v2- Wario Ware Microgaming!! (new version)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigara View Post
[SM] Loaded extension steamtools.ext.so successfully.
[SM] Plugin mw_tf2ware.smx failed to load
Required extension "SteamTools" file("steamtools.ext") not running.

what.
Have you copied the ALL of the necessary files over, including Randomizer plugin data bit? That's easy to miss.

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.