Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.146) [21-Apr-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2020 , 17:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRololo312312 View Post
Since this plugin cant have L4D_LobbyUnreserve, could you make an extension that only contains just that and nothing else, so it can work with this plugin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
tRololo312312, isn't it working for you?

[L4D(2)] Remove Lobby Reservation (When Full)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
That uses L4D_LobbyUnreserve which comes from left4downtown and not supported by left4dhooks.
This discussion is futile as the plugin is obsolete. Don't see why people are even running that plugin. The only time you would need to unreserve lobby is if you want to extend slots. To extend slots you need L4DToolz, which states.

Code:
sv_force_unreserved - if you set it to 1 before connection from lobby your server will stay unreserved and allow players to connect using connect command, this command sets sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0, so you need to create lobby using ms_force_dedicated_server and then connect to server, your friends may see wrong max players in friend lobby, so give them ip.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...33&postcount=1

Just set sv_force_unreserved to 1 and you don't need that plugin.

Last edited by Spirit_12; 05-15-2020 at 17:17.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2020 , 17:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #92

Spirit_12, I'm always using sv_force_unreserved "1" in my server.cfg,
but that doesn't fix for me this lock: [L4D] Unable to change difficulty (lobby reservation)
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2020 , 00:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
Spirit_12, I'm always using sv_force_unreserved "1" in my server.cfg,
but that doesn't fix for me this lock: [L4D] Unable to change difficulty (lobby reservation)
You can always use this forward and change the return value. That should take care of your issue.

PHP Code:
// L4D2 only. Used to deny/allow difficulty changes in different game modes
forward Action L4D_OnHasConfigurableDifficulty(int &retVal); 
Old 05-16-2020 , 04:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #94

"sv_force_unreserved" from L4DToolz does not work with "sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 1" and it cant unreserve on fly, only on lobby reservation.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2020 , 07:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
You can always use this forward and change the return value. That should take care of your issue.
I know, but I can't use it because I have L4D1, and I didn't find appropriate function in IDA.
axelnieves2012
Old 05-30-2020 , 19:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #96

Hello, I ask you a question....
About L4D2_OnUseHealingItems(int client)
is any way to hook whether a bot is eating a pill or he is giving it to another player??

I would like to prevent bot eating pills and using medkits. Thanks
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-30-2020 , 19:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #97

Through some coding logic possibly but this forward only works on Windows. Also causes bugs where Survivor Bots stand still doing nothing when blocked. If it's to prevent using pills/first aid until they reach a certain HP I have a private plugin doing this, bug again it's Windows only. Would need to re-write a bunch of ASM and memory patch to make work for both OS but I don't have time and can't be bothered to figure it out, so not released. L4D2 Linux is really where the problem lies since that requires some ASM re-write, L4D1 and Windows L4D2 could possibly work using another extension. The plugin for doing this has been in work and private and re-written several times since ~2012.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-30-2020 at 19:27. Reason: typo
axelnieves2012
Old 05-30-2020 , 20:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Through some coding logic possibly but this forward only works on Windows. Also causes bugs where Survivor Bots stand still doing nothing when blocked. If it's to prevent using pills/first aid until they reach a certain HP I have a private plugin doing this, bug again it's Windows only. Would need to re-write a bunch of ASM and memory patch to make work for both OS but I don't have time and can't be bothered to figure it out, so not released. L4D2 Linux is really where the problem lies since that requires some ASM re-write, L4D1 and Windows L4D2 could possibly work using another extension. The plugin for doing this has been in work and private and re-written several times since ~2012.
I think it would be nice to have that plugin you are talking about. I'm running Windows 7 and my server is private most times. I really hate when bots eats pills whenever they are rescued in closets.
I think they don't need to eat pills if they are 50hp (facepalm)
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2020 , 20:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
This discussion is futile as the plugin is obsolete. Don't see why people are even running that plugin. The only time you would need to unreserve lobby is if you want to extend slots. To extend slots you need L4DToolz, which states.
Not really. I think Silvers work is amazing and for sure this plugin is so much more updated and better, and also has Silvers support when bugs are identified. No doubt how good he is.

But it is essential to remove lobby reservation only **WHEN FULL**. And I tell you why. When your server is empty and someone joins, automatically creates a lobby and +3 (coop) +7 (versus) will be connecting while the server is not unreserved. This helps a lot early in the mornings/week days.

It would be nice if someone could split the whole left4downtown plugin and keeps only the lobbyunreserve thing. My acknowledge about editing/compiling extensions are very limited (never done before). So if someone can do this for us, I would be grateful by the eternity.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2020 , 20:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct (1.15) [15-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Not really. I think Silvers work is amazing and for sure this plugin is so much more updated and better, and also has Silvers support when bugs are identified. No doubt how good he is.

But it is essential to remove lobby reservation only **WHEN FULL**. And I tell you why. When your server is empty and someone joins, automatically creates a lobby and +3 (coop) +7 (versus) will be connecting while the server is not unreserved. This helps a lot early in the mornings/week days.

It would be nice if someone could split the whole left4downtown plugin and keeps only the lobbyunreserve thing. My acknowledge about editing/compiling extensions are very limited (never done before). So if someone can do this for us, I would be grateful by the eternity.
You want something so bad but not willing to offer money for their time you may be waiting alongtime.

Commission me for L4D