Send a message via AIM to INFaMouS
usedtobe_wws
Old 07-23-2004 , 22:52  
Reply With Quote #22

y u hate me so much?
INFaMouS
Old 07-23-2004 , 23:20  
Reply With Quote #23

...Because you're a pain in the ass. Case closed. Can we get on with the real topic?
CS SERVER: 209.123.8.130:27017!
Send a message via AIM to INFaMouS
Deagle
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2004 , 01:03  
Reply With Quote #24

Deagle
Quote:
Cure is:
the clientside updates (weap models) has not yet been implemented in your servers before u update it, once u do that u are free to use any weapon u like without a crash of any kind.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2004 , 05:46  
Reply With Quote #25

Foudn this post over at steam forums:

Quote:
Fix For Crashes While Playing Cs
I know that the crashes that started last night with the latest CS update have been very very frustrating for many people, causing matches to go on hold as well as people frustrated just that they couldn't play CS. The problem, however, wasn't anything that valve did. It was simply because of non-updated servers.

Restarting your server won't always update it. Most companies update servers on their own time, not exactly when valve releases a new update for CS. The difference in the new code and the old code would cause crashes for players. The new coding has many changes to the famas, models, hitboxes, and more things. If you do something randomly that the server isn't expecting because it's not updated, then you're liable to crash your game.

Here is the way to stop the crashes. This has been done by many people and they report success. Simply join a server that has been updated. You can check to see if a server is updated by simply typing status in the console.

Here are the steps :

1) Connect to Server
2) Type status in console
3) Look for the server version number, it should read something like "Version : 47/1.1.2.5/2.0.0.0 2738 Secure"
4) In the version number, look for "2738" before the word Secure.
5) If it's 2738, then the server is updated and it's fine to play on. If it's another number, then disconnect from that server and look for an updated one.

Another thing to try as well is to delete the clientregistry.blob file located within the Steam folder. Some people have been saying it could possibly cause a crash as well.

I hope this clears up the crash issue that many people are having. I'm just trying to help people that don't understand why their beloved CS is crashing. I have not yet experienced one crash on an updated server or have seen anyone else crash, and many people can back me up as well. Most servers don't update with one restart, so that's not a valid case for saying this doesn't work.

This is an attempt to stop the GG Valve thread madness and everyone quickly believing that Valve doesn't beta test anything. I'm sure Valve beta tested this update many times, but I seriously doubt they tested the update on servers that aren't updated.

Last edited by Anthony3187 on 07-24-2004 at 035 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-24-2004 02:29 AM

Anthony3187

My bad guys, the version number to look for is 2738 before the word secure in the server version number. Thanks and sorry about the typo

Look for "2738" not 2770

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/s...hreadid=109144
Deagle
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2004 , 13:37  
Reply With Quote #26

all i did was update the standalones
and i tested all weapons thats causing it, never been anything since
the new weapon models or whatever that was in the update was clientside
so naturally they were not in server and that caused crashes
update solves all and sets up server with the models as well
just wanted u to know
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2004 , 15:32  
Reply With Quote #27

man im having probs with sig

Code:
14:31:45 og L 07/24/2004 - 14:40:28: [META] ERROR: Couldn't find game entity 'weapon_sig550' in game DLL 'cstrike': ./cstrike/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so: undefined symbol: weapon_sig550
14:31:45 L 07/24/2004 - 14:40:28: [META] ERROR: Couldn't find game entity 'weapon_sig550' in game DLL 'cstrike': ./cstrike/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so: undefined symbol: weapon_sig550