Old 09-29-2006 , 04:40   Re: Fixed Binaries

DL Link is down...

I need the fix!!
Send a message via ICQ to iVeDAkiLLa
[Arnold]
Old 09-29-2006 , 04:57   Re: Fixed Binaries

Mirrored it. Look here:

http://downloads.meatfactory.net/fil.../xad_fixed.zip

Did any of you guys get a reply from XAD whether he will open his source code to another developer?

Arnold
iVeDAkiLLa
Old 09-29-2006 , 05:07   Re: Fixed Binaries

Big thx Arnold
Send a message via ICQ to iVeDAkiLLa
K2
Old 09-29-2006 , 23:04   Re: Fixed Binaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Arnold] View Post
Did any of you guys get a reply from XAD whether he will open his source code to another developer?

Arnold
Nope, havent heard anything. It looks like this plugin has all but been abandoned by XAD
JCap334
Old 09-29-2006 , 23:56   Re: Fixed Binaries

This is really sad. PTBx is by far the best Team Balancer for CSS, and is the only other choice apart from ETB V4. Hopefully XAD will either give up the source code, or be active again in developing it.

Eric, author of ETB, seems to be blowing smoke up all our asses making numerous claims that ETB V5 is soon to be released, and it's been almost 2 years since ETB 4 was released. lol
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2006 , 00:45   Re: Fixed Binaries

No team balancer is good if it's based on current kills or current K : D ratios in my opionion. If based on overall stats through a stats system, and able to swap and move players without killing them, that'd be a perfect system.
JCap334
Old 10-01-2006 , 17:08   Re: Fixed Binaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
No team balancer is good if it's based on current kills or current K : D ratios in my opionion. If based on overall stats through a stats system, and able to swap and move players without killing them, that'd be a perfect system.
That idea is interesting, however, overall stats wouldn't work well because not everybody who is a great player always plays well, we all have our good and bad days.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2006 , 00:44   Re: Fixed Binaries

exactly, our good and bad days make us an average gamer, you should be able to set the range in which the players differ from the "average". If it's about 50-100 points above the average (HLStatsX setup here), then that person wouldn't be switched, if it's 100 or more then they might be. If more than one like that on a team it'd select randomly from any one of them.

Immediate team balancing is not the solution, as those uber-players, may only be uber, because their team is providing great support. And yes, it makes a hueg difference, good communication and teamwork can create an amazing score.

K : D ratio form of a team balancer is an imperfect setup due to that very reason. A stat based team balancer would be amazing in my opinion, if implemented in the right way. Basically how I described in first paragraph.

Another positive to this, is that it could provide incentive (maybe) for people to keep coming back to your server, because then they assume it will always be well balanced.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-02-2006 , 01:18   Re: Fixed Binaries

Basing dynamic team balancing on anything other than current information is not very feasible, nor does it produce worthwhile results. The best and fastest way to team balance is always to take a snapshot of the current game and do simple K/D and team score heuristics.

Using data from the past is only (arguably, marginally) useful when making static teams.

I've got a lot of hard data to back this up, at esportsea.com we experimented with team balancing over many hundreds of games and kept track of the win differential. But I think the conclusion is logical nonetheless. Dynamic balancing = current data, static balancing = old data. If you're doing really well today, and the teams aren't balanced, you should be swapped. The past doesn't factor into it.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 10-02-2006 at 01:22.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2006 , 01:22   Re: Fixed Binaries

but isn't HLStatsX dynamically updated if properly installed?