Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2008 , 18:20   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Sweet man. Im not really sure what differences this has between Liams version at this point but, id love to try it when its ready.
Most of the Differences have been outlined on the first post. Mostly optimization and fixes.

No-one has tested the new version yet post here:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...1&postcount=48

If there are no tests by tonight I might look at changing a few things and then updating the first post.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
nbtc971
Old 11-19-2008 , 02:57   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #52

Well it's loaded and i'm currently testing to see how well it works.

It's kind of late but I'll probably test for a little longer and update this post.

*UPDATE*

I need to test further tomorrow but so far so good. One thing, the warning message that counts down from 30, could you fix it so that you don't have the decimal with all the 0's afterwards? You know, 30 seconds is 30.000000 instead of 30. Small thing. Also, I have a admin and clan only to spectate plugin i'm running on my HL2DM server. Is there anyway to make this plugin only move admins (or anyone with a custom flag) to spectate then kick and all others straight to kick? We've had problems with people abusing spectate so don't allow it anymore.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-19-2008 at 04:06.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2008 , 04:32   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
Well it's loaded and i'm currently testing to see how well it works.

It's kind of late but I'll probably test for a little longer and update this post.

*UPDATE*

I need to test further tomorrow but so far so good. One thing, the warning message that counts down from 30, could you fix it so that you don't have the decimal with all the 0's afterwards? You know, 30 seconds is 30.000000 instead of 30. Small thing. Also, I have a admin and clan only to spectate plugin i'm running on my HL2DM server. Is there anyway to make this plugin only move admins (or anyone with a custom flag) to spectate then kick and all others straight to kick? We've had problems with people abusing spectate so don't allow it anymore.
The time to kick in integer format should be easy enough.

As for the spectate, I am more skeptic of using it at the moment because of the fact that I am unsure if you are spectating another player that the "Eye Angle" and even the "Position" wouldn't be changing?

Feel free to test it but yeah I don't think it would even work in some/most instances anyway.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2008 , 08:00   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #54

Uploaded a new version with some fairly hefty changes. Also fixed the warning message to show in integer form.

Let me know how it goes because yeah a fair amount of code has changed.
nbtc971
Old 11-19-2008 , 13:51   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #55

I will load the new version up later but let me ask you a question, if someone is away and gets killed, then they don't respawn, will they be kicked when the time limit is met? I think i'm seeing the behavior that if you're away, get killed, then don't respawn, you don't get kicked.

Another thing I've noticed is, it's making my sourcemod logs HUGE. Apparently it records every single time a timer starts, stops? Anyway to tame that a bit? I do understand that more info is good, but seriously, these log sizes are a little too much for my servers which are really busy. Maybe if you just stopped recording the resetting of the timers for all the clients? Or is this a function of sourcemod and out of your control? Example:

Quote:
L 11/19/2008 - 129:40: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 14
L 11/19/2008 - 129:47: [afk_manager-compat.smx] OnClientPutInServer - Creating AFK timer for client: 13
L 11/19/2008 - 129:47: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player joined a team? Resetting timer for client: 13
L 11/19/2008 - 129:47: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 13
L 11/19/2008 - 129:49: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 5
L 11/19/2008 - 129:51: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 15
L 11/19/2008 - 129:53: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 12
L 11/19/2008 - 129:56: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 14
L 11/19/2008 - 129:57: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 6
L 11/19/2008 - 129:58: [afk_manager-compat.smx] OnClientDisconnect - Closing AFK timer for client: 1
L 11/19/2008 - 12:40:06: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 2
L 11/19/2008 - 12:40:08: [afk_manager-compat.smx] Player spawned? Resetting timer for client: 6
L 11/19/2008 - 12:40:12: [afk_manager-compat.smx] OnClientDisconnect - Closing AFK timer for client: 15

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-19-2008 at 14:48.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2008 , 17:39   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
I will load the new version up later but let me ask you a question, if someone is away and gets killed, then they don't respawn, will they be kicked when the time limit is met? I think i'm seeing the behavior that if you're away, get killed, then don't respawn, you don't get kicked.

Another thing I've noticed is, it's making my sourcemod logs HUGE. Apparently it records every single time a timer starts, stops? Anyway to tame that a bit? I do understand that more info is good, but seriously, these log sizes are a little too much for my servers which are really busy. Maybe if you just stopped recording the resetting of the timers for all the clients? Or is this a function of sourcemod and out of your control? Example:
I don't know how HL2DM works when players are killed, i might be able to check if a player is dead and make that count as an AFK, I am not sure what kind of consequences that might have.

Alternatively can you re-compile but change line 267 from:

if ( (IsClientInGame(client)) && (IsPlayerAlive(client)) )

To:

if (IsClientInGame(client))

See if that makes a difference.

I assume if someone is a spectator they are alive not dead.

As for the messages that is with DEBUG mode enabled. Once Debug mode is turned off those messages should not appear.
nbtc971
Old 11-19-2008 , 20:28   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #57

Ok, i'm about to load it up on one of my servers.. will get back to you.

I loaded it up, it seems to be working nicely. First I saw you did change the message so it's whole numbers now and I also allowed myself to be killed, then didn't respawn, and I got the boot. I noticed this time you didn't have debug enabled so i'm hoping my log files will be a little more kind. This is of course with the change you had me make to the code by removing part of the IF statement.

I will continue to use the plugin the rest of the night then later i'll try putting it on my other two servers which are much more busy. I'll let you know if I run into anything but right now it's looking great. Nice job.

PROBLEM if one of my admins goes into spectate for legit reasons he gets kicked after the allotted time. I know you can set it to make admins immune but i don't want to do that. Anyway to keep it from kicking people who are in spectate for legitimate reasons or is there no way for the plugin to know the difference?

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-19-2008 at 22:55.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2008 , 01:28   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
PROBLEM if one of my admins goes into spectate for legit reasons he gets kicked after the allotted time. I know you can set it to make admins immune but i don't want to do that. Anyway to keep it from kicking people who are in spectate for legitimate reasons or is there no way for the plugin to know the difference?
Er, I don't know how you would expect to do this?

Yes it is possible to check whether they have been moved to spectator by the script because I could make a variable for it.

If someone joins the server and goes spectator and stays there how are they going to be AFK kicked?
nbtc971
Old 11-20-2008 , 03:02   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #59

Well we don't really have that problem. Only admins and clan members can go to spectate and I've never seen anyone idle there. It's usually used to record a demo but sometimes if it's a clan war we need to be able to move to spectate. I'd rather have the script set a variable when the player is moved by the script so it can distinguish between people in spectate because of the plugin, and those who have legitimate business. That way my admins can record demo's of hackers without being kicked in the middle of the recording.

Thanks.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-20-2008 at 03:05.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2008 , 03:46   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Well we don't really have that problem. Only admins and clan members can go to spectate and I've never seen anyone idle there. It's usually used to record a demo but sometimes if it's a clan war we need to be able to move to spectate. I'd rather have the script set a variable when the player is moved by the script so it can distinguish between people in spectate because of the plugin, and those who have legitimate business. That way my admins can record demo's of hackers without being kicked in the middle of the recording.

Thanks.
I think I'll only implement this if more people want it because it's not really generic. It's more tailored to what your server does. When you could just make admins immune.