Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What's the best management mod plugin for TF2 (Mani/SourceMod)?

Post New Thread Reply   

PpZ | Iconoclast
Old 05-14-2009 , 05:48   What's the best management mod plugin for TF2 (Mani/SourceMod)?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I recently purchased a new TF2 server (I've had several others in the past so it's nothing I'm new to), but I'm on the fence about which admin mod/plugin to use. At the moment I'm trying to decide between:

Mani Admin
SourceMod

I honestly can't remember which I used for my servers in the past, and now that I've got a new one, I want to try to do things right.

I've heard lots of good things about Mani, but SourceMod seems to be quite popular as well. (Source Meta is offered to me by my server provider but I've never really heard of it before and I know nothing about it, so I figure it's better to stick to the common ones)

If anyone can give me some ideas as to which they think is best and why, or what features each offers, I would greatly appreciate it...thanks!
Old 05-14-2009 , 06:22   Re: What's the best management mod plugin for TF2 (Mani/SourceMod)?
Reply With Quote #2

Mani has been gone for a long time. I heard he came back recently, but either way Mani's has not been updated in a long time. Sourcemod has a team that works to keep it updated and running well, as well as thousands of third party plugins so you can pick and choose what you want to run.

If your running CSS you can really run either since CSS hasnt been updated in ages (I think a lot are starting to come to Sourcemod, but Mani is still quite popular there). For most other Source games I would most definitely recommend Sourcemod. I recommend it either way, but if your running CSS Manis is still a viable option.
Old 05-17-2009 , 08:32   Re: What's the best management mod plugin for TF2 (Mani/SourceMod)?
Reply With Quote #3

Mani has "retired" but still keeps an eye on things.
His latest boon to the community is putting together an TF2 SourceMod/Source Meta Mod Package aimed at providing server ops new to SM to jump right in
Quote:
SourceMod CS:S and TF2 Pack 1.2 released Written by Viper Monday, 06 April 2009 To make the life of a lot of server administrators easier we have created a SourceMod Server pack that includes everything you might need to setup your own Counter-Strike: Source and/or Team Fortress 2 server if you are finally ready to step away from the Mani Admin Plugin.
The pack is based around MetaMod: Source 1.7.1 and SourceMod 1.2 stable
2nd news article on the front page
http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 05-17-2009 , 10:28   Re: What's the best management mod plugin for TF2 (Mani/SourceMod)?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PpZ | Iconoclast View Post
Source Meta is offered to me by my server provider but I've never really heard of it before and I know nothing about it, so I figure it's better to stick to the common ones

MetaMod: Source is the most popular server plugin for HL2!

You probably have never heard about it because it just helps other plugins do stuff that is visible to you, the user.
DJ Post Spammer
Old 05-17-2009 , 10:57   Re: What's the best management mod plugin for TF2 (Mani/SourceMod)?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Mani has "retired" but still keeps an eye on things.
His latest boon to the community is putting together an TF2 SourceMod/Source Meta Mod Package aimed at providing server ops new to SM to jump right in

2nd news article on the front page
http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/
Written by Viper. Viper owns SteamFriends.com and has access to Mani's website, he was the one who made the SourceMod package, Mani had nothing to do with that.