Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

GunGame AMXX

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

[DOM]Chaos
Old 01-17-2007 , 14:29   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Also just a request for anyone reading this. Does anyone have links to a mappack for Czero gun game?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 01-17-2007 , 14:33   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

until now i don't know a single map converted from cs:s gungame to cs 1.6 gungame
I'm currently running fy-maps on my gg server, they are mostly small and fit the needs for this mod.

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-17-2007 , 14:37   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

@[DOM]Chaos :

1. I've the same problem too. I hope It will fixed in 1.77.

2. Read the first page. (also // = comments )

3. Read the first page

Last edited by Arkshine; 01-17-2007 at 14:41.
ToT | V!PER
Old 01-17-2007 , 15:36   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOM]Chaos View Post
3: I have tried compiling the supplied sma file using the compiler link on amxx site. It comes back with this message

I find in the sma this line
#include <fakemeta_util>
I do not have a "fakemeta_util" module however the downloaded amxx file works on our server.

I saw someone posted (post #202) very similar problems to what I am now having but there was never a fix posted. I am hoping the extra details I provided will help come up with a solution for the CZero servers
[/SIZE]
If you´ve read the installation instructions you had found this:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=28284
Send a message via ICQ to ToT | V!PER
[DOM]Chaos
Old 01-17-2007 , 16:20   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Quote:
1. I've the same problem too. I hope It will fixed in 1.77.

2. Read the first page. (also // = comments )

3. Read the first page
2. Also added in version 1.04 (and also suggested by 3volution), is support for a GunGame map cycle. If there is a file named "gungame_mapcycle.txt" in the server's mod directory (ie: cstrike/ or czero/), then it will be used as the map cycle while GunGame is enabled. There should be one map name per line, just like AMXX's maps.ini or the default mapcycle.txt. The GunGame map cycle goes down the list until it reaches the end, and then starts back at the top. The GunGame map cycle overrides any of the vote or changelevel cvars.
Tried this. I created a gungame_mapcycle.txt file, listed a bunch of fy_ maps properly (no spaces in front of map, one map per line as per instructions. A normal mapcycxle.txt file with a different name) dropped the map file into my czero folder on the server so it would be like this
czero/gungame_mapcycle.txt (this is the same location as server.cfg, mapcycle.txt ect) Am I putting it in the wrong spot?

3: OOPS In my haste to get this pluggin working I skipped over the instructions for compiling using the utility and not the web page. Just so use to using the web complier.
polakpolak
Old 01-17-2007 , 18:17   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun View Post
How about using these sounds to play for the individual player when he gets the lead/loses it/ties.

And any of the other winsounds to play when someone wins...
Great idea for the win lose sounds.
WC3FT Server IP: 69.9.42.144:27015
500Fps www.PolakServers.com
------------------------------------
Send a message via MSN to polakpolak
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2007 , 19:21   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

ToT | V!PER: There was a bug with the friendlyfire stuff in one of the pre-release versions of 1.12 that I sent you, but it should be fixed in the actual release.

chriswt: Apparently, using item giving code in an event hook (such as the death message), can sometimes cause the event to be called multiple times. This is Valve's fault, or so I'm told. I've added a fix to catch it, but it won't be until next release. Although, hopefully the next release will be soon, as it's not a huge future release.

kow75: First question -- ask them?

Second question -- I don't plan on it. However, when someone wins, it does get logged. You can scan your server logs (CTRL+F is handy) for "Won_GunGame".

Curryking: I'll look into it. Do you use the cvars mp_winlimit or mp_maxrounds? When the vote does appear, does it give you the "Voting finished" message? And if so, is the map that it says will be next the current map you are on, or does it appear correctly?

JGHG: Maybe.

[DOM]Chaos: First problem -- You can just use amx_gungame 1 or 0 to turn GunGame on or off.

Second problem -- Post the contents of your gungame_mapcycle.txt file. Also, what exactly doesn't work about it? Does the vote come still come up? If not, what map does it go to on map end?

Last edited by XxAvalanchexX; 01-17-2007 at 20:03.
IdiotSavant
Old 01-17-2007 , 19:39   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

I have a feature request.

Can you make GunGame use a secondary set of map configs? Kinda like you use the gungame_mapcycle.txt as a secondary mapcycle. Instead of having AMXMODX use the normal map configs located in the amxmodx/configs/maps/ folder have it so when GunGame is turned on, it looks for these configs in a different folder? ie. amxmodx/configs/gg_maps/

This would allow easy switching between GunGame mod and normal play without messing up the config files I already have. I normally use DM on some maps but not on others, so this would be a great feature.

Also, I posted before (never got an answer) asking if you can make Spawn Protection not only when DM is on, but available anytime. Would this be possible as I am using a separate plugin for this and it would be great to use only your plugin for this since it is built in.

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015
Tommy Boy
Old 01-17-2007 , 20:27   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

I'm having some serious trouble. I use AMX 1.75c and the latest version of GG. It works great, but for some reason, people can still buy weapons, no matter what. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
Send a message via AIM to Tommy Boy Send a message via Skype™ to Tommy Boy
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2007 , 21:17   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

I found a potential strange thing. I'm not sure it exists cause I haven't tried it fully...
When someone wins, the intermission goes on... and then if someone else who is on the last level (if it's the knife) can really kill someone with the knife even after the game has "ended". You know this by you remember seeing people drop/pickup guns repeatedly after the intermission goes on. You can't fire, but you can cut someone with the knife, and I just was able to kill someone this way.
So what happens if a second guy reaches the final level. Will he score a win although he didn't get to the last level first?
Closed Thread