Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] CS:GO Weapon Spawner/Placer (Auto or Manual)

Post New Thread Reply   

Certified_GSD
Old 01-21-2021 , 12:14   [REQ] CS:GO Weapon Spawner/Placer (Auto or Manual)
Reply With Quote #1

Hey there,

I'm looking to operate a Trouble in Terror Town server in CS:GO and some of the older maps that I have saved from many years ago in 2015 and 2016 seemed to have been broken, namely the map placed weapons have all disappeared.

I've tried using Hammer to add weapons but it's really not a great tool and when I eventually get the system to do what I want it to and compile the map, stuff like textures break.

There were a couple things that solved this, either by automatically generating weapon spawns or by having me manually set spawn points. The former was something written by zipcore that he no longer has the code for, and the latter (https://github.com/Headline/WeaponSpawner) does spawn weapons on the ground but they don't persist through map changes and disappear after the map changes.

I don't know enough SourceMod know-how to figure out how to create a system on my own. It'd be nice to have a system that automatically scans the map and spawns weapons, but a manual system that allows me to place weapons on the map through the game client and have them persist would be workable. It would make adding more maps much easier as well, as I have received permission from some custom map creators to use their content for TTT that were not designed originally as TTT maps.

I don't know if it would be possible to set which maps need to spawn weapons and which don't, most likely by specifying map names in a config file that need the plugin active with the lack of a name not running the spawner so as not to spawn too many weapons on working maps that have placed weapons.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
DiogoOnAir
Old 01-26-2021 , 10:30   Re: [REQ] CS:GO Weapon Spawner/Placer (Auto or Manual)
Reply With Quote #2

Add me on discord or steam
Feel free to add me on Discord DiogoOnAir | Config & Developer#7961
Check my website
If you want to buy any server, you can buy it from here!
Datacenters around the world!
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-29-2021 , 12:03   Re: [REQ] CS:GO Weapon Spawner/Placer (Auto or Manual)
Reply With Quote #3

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1786838

and mp_weapons_allow_map_placed 1 (i'm pretty sure you already did that but we never know)

Last edited by azalty; 01-29-2021 at 12:03.