Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's

Post New Thread Reply   

Bavarian
Old 07-07-2022 , 09:50   Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #1

I put my in game name/steam id and everything else (account flags, password etc etc..) in the 'users.ini' file but no matter what I try the game won't give me my privilege's. However, If I run the reload admins command It says 'Loaded [] admins from file.' but still does not change anything..
It is not my first time setting this up and I have done it successfully before. Yes, I did the setinfo _pw thingy.
I am sure it is not because of the plugins I installed. It's a dust2 only server, I haven't riced it yet.

Any solution is acceptable, thank you!!
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2022 , 22:58   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #2

Try SteamID only:

Code:
"STEAM_0:0:1234" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv" "ce"
I've never used anything else.
Old 07-08-2022 , 11:17   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #3

Doesn't work
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2022 , 16:05   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #4

Then either you're file is not properly formatted or your version of AMX Mod X is corrupted. I'd recommend re-installing AMX Mod X from the official download (I'd recommend version 1.9.0 found here).

Then, make sure you're editing the correct file (I've had cases where I was editing a local file and it was never actually getting to the server). Also, make sure to edit it with a plain text editor to ensure it doesn't get corrupted i.e. edit with Notepad or Notepad++.

Otherwise, at that point, you probably need to attach your users.ini file with only one admin account configured for SteamID only authentication like I mentioned before.
Old 07-10-2022 , 11:40   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Then either you're file is not properly formatted or your version of AMX Mod X is corrupted. I'd recommend re-installing AMX Mod X from the official download (I'd recommend version 1.9.0 found here).

Then, make sure you're editing the correct file (I've had cases where I was editing a local file and it was never actually getting to the server). Also, make sure to edit it with a plain text editor to ensure it doesn't get corrupted i.e. edit with Notepad or Notepad++.

Otherwise, at that point, you probably need to attach your users.ini file with only one admin account configured for SteamID only authentication like I mentioned before.
That version of AMX destroys the server, nothing works when I install it and some plugins won't compile.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2022 , 16:05   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #6

That means that someone else is wrong and is likely causing a whole bunch of issues. What version of AMX Mod X were you using before? Where is your server hosted? Are you running the official server from SteamCMD?
Old 08-10-2022 , 02:19   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #7

I'm experiencing a similar issue with a CS 1.x server.
Says it loads all the admins from the users.ini file (including my SteamID), but in-game I have permissions to nothing.
Paring-down the users.ini to minimum right now to test further.

PS: I am using:
* Debian 10 Linux,
* metamod-1.21.1-am,
* amxmodx-1.9.0-git5294-cstrike-linux (base + cstrike stuff)

Last edited by Weasel; 08-10-2022 at 02:20.
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-10-2022 , 02:35   Re: Game loads admin(s) from file but won't set privilege's
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
That version of AMX destroys the server, nothing works when I install it and some plugins won't compile.
If you experienced the same issue I did, might be for the same reason.
I recently re-entered all the admins in the user.ini file.
In doing so, I also make a mistake in the format - for every single one.
Which is why, although it said it was successfully parsing all the admins in the file, nobody was actually getting privs.

My issue basically was do to me accidentally omitting the password field, in my case since I don't use it (does anybody any more since Steam?). But, if you don't use it, you have to have it there with no content - empty double-quotes basically.

Incorrect entry in my users.ini:
"STEAM_0:1:155" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce" ; http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960266039 Weasel
Corrected entry in my users.ini:
"STEAM_0:1:155" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce" ; http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960266039 Weasel
In my case, I now include a comment at the end (after the semicolon) to allow me to quickly find a users Steam profile (via their non-user-changeable SteamID64 link) and their most recent screen name. Of course, AMX-Mod-X doesn't parse any of that, it just ignores the semicolon and everything after it on that line. It's just for my reference.

Hop this helps, in case you hit the same issue (self-inflected) that I did. The symptoms seem the same!