Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 06-01-2018 , 20:29   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
I'm having same problem .

I am now using version 1.95 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=390).

And stopped the bug stuck Spectator, but ragdoll spawn infected character persist.

Other errors are also occurring, but I'm not sure if it's ABM.

But some bugs started after I install ABM
Yah BuckWangs said he's gonna recode the plugin into modules. Apparently he's discovered some bugs himself and this may be one of them. did u try the latest one on his github page? I'm using that version and have yet to see this bug.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 06-01-2018 at 20:34.
Newbie_Sexy
Old 06-24-2018 , 12:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #402

I wanna ask you few question
1. Can you tell me the different between the cvar abm_respawndelay and abm_spawninterval
2. I want my server like this. Always have >= 4 survivors bot for 4 players to playing on it. When the 5th player join the server, it automatic create the 5th survivor bot for 5th player. Do the same with 6th, 7th, 8th,... player. When a player leave the server, it automactic remove the bot which that player have played. So what should i do with those cvars?
3. The different between abm_autohard "1" and abm_autohard "2" ?
Thx you very much

Last edited by Newbie_Sexy; 06-29-2018 at 13:05.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2018 , 14:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #403

Hello,

I'm trying to use this plugin on my VERSUS server because we want a fair game while the server isn't full, like 5v5 6v6 7v7 until 20 players and both teams are full.

The main problem with l4d_superversus is the bots.

My feedback:
I've found some bugs that compromise on versus gameplay:

1: stuck on spectator after map change
-I'm not an expert on coding, but I understood that the z_max_player_zombies is set according to the number of players on survivors team.
After a map change, sometimes infected players will load faster, and the cvar is not set correctly, that's why in my opinion got this issue.
I would suggest to set this cvar to 10 in the first 30 seconds after a map change.
PS: I use l4d_unscrambler to fix the teams. If a player joins in a wrong team, after 1 or 2 seconds he will forced to the right team.

2: spawn dead after campaign changing.
-One survivor player spawned dead twice after a campaign change.
PS: My l4d_unscrambler has an option to mix the teams in the first map of the campaign, but I'm pretty sure this issue happened before the scramble.

3: spawn not as ghost.
-Some players told me they spawned not as ghost. The function bottakeover is set 0 (off).

4: thank HP not working.
-The tank HP was not set x2.500 each survivor, it was the default value (6.000)

5: Spawn time
-This is a question: does this plugin set the spawn time on versus gameplay? I want set it the default if it is.

Thank you.
Cattom
Old 07-01-2018 , 05:03   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #404

Hi, just rented a win l4d2 server and I am trying to increase the players that can play coop from 4 to 8 (campaign mode). Have installed the metamod L4DToolz and have put the commands sv_maxplayers 8 and sv_force_unreserved 1 in the server.cfg but here is my problem. Have installed ABM Multislots and restarted server, but only 4 players can join the game from the 5th player up to the 8th player can only spectated.
HELP
Newbie_Sexy
Old 07-01-2018 , 06:22   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattom View Post
Hi, just rented a win l4d2 server and I am trying to increase the players that can play coop from 4 to 8 (campaign mode). Have installed the metamod L4DToolz and have put the commands sv_maxplayers 8 and sv_force_unreserved 1 in the server.cfg but here is my problem. Have installed ABM Multislots and restarted server, but only 4 players can join the game from the 5th player up to the 8th player can only spectated.
HELP
Maybe set cvar abm_joinmenu "0" will help you
Do you have installed any other plugin?
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2018 , 07:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #406

Make sure you set human team limit cvar to 8 and the join menu to 0 so all players immediately join survivor team. Also you'll want to make sure that you allow up to 8 bots to be created by ABM so that players don't get stuck in spec.
Old 07-01-2018 , 09:02   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #407

Hi, Newbie_Sexy and Crasher, thanks for your info, have edited the ABM.cfg in sourcemods, Crasher I am not sure which cvar you mean for allowing 8 bots to be created, is it abm_extraplayers.
Once again thanks to you both for taking an interest and replying to me
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2018 , 15:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #408

Yeah it's the extra players one. By default the game gives you 4 survivors so if you want 8 survivors, change the extra players cvar to 4. It will automatically create an extra bot each time a 5th+ player joins. When the extra player leaves, the bot will disappear. If you want to have 8 survivors no matter what, I think there's a cvar called abm_minplayers. You can set that to 8 so the server starts with 8 survivors all the time. I haven't configured ABM in awhile so I don't remember all the cvars anymore.
Old 08-11-2018 , 16:27   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #409

I'm using the latest version on Gitlab which is 0.1.97q
And I saw this on changelog :
Quote:
(0.1.97g) Remove: abm_extraplayers cvar (abm_minplayers does this already)
So I only set abm_minplayers 8
The problem is that there's always so many bot, even there's only 1 player.
Could it be like : only 4 player/bot on default, and add more bot when the 5th join ? (don't know the best way to say it, but i guess you guys know what i mean)
From Crashers reply :
Quote:
It will automatically create an extra bot each time a 5th+ player joins. When the extra player leaves, the bot will disappear.
I assume the version with abm_extraplayer is what i want ? which version is stable to use ?
I've tried 0.1.95 , didn't seem to work out. Wonder if it's my problem.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2018 , 17:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #410

Just use the version on Main thread, NgBUCKWANGS is currently changing ABM to modular with each function will be a plugin, no ETA on this tho.

Just thought i would let you know.

Edit, or you can try superversus.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-11-2018 at 17:27.