Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HLTV errors

Post New Thread Reply   

darrin
Old 12-08-2011 , 15:20   HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #1

I have finally managed to install the dedicated server package from Steam-Tools and I have installed and runned the hldsupdatetool. But when I launch hltv.exe I get some error messages that I have no clue what means. I tried to ignore them and connect to my game server, but that is causing my game server to crash. Do you guys know what is causing this errors?

Code:
Relay, Time 00:00, Delay 30, FPS 95, Clients 0, In 0.0, Out 0.0, Loss 0.00
Console initialized.
FileSystem initialized.
Network initialized.
Failed to load Steam Service
ServiceStart: failed to start
BOpenService failed
ServiceStart: failed to start
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 80
gameserver.cpp (735) : Assertion Failed: m_CMInterface.GetLogonState() == k_ELog
onStateNotLoggedOn
Assert( Assertion Failed: m_CMInterface.GetLogonState() == k_ELogonStateNotLogge
dOn ):.\gameserver.cpp:735

Master module initialized.
Server module initialized.
World module initialized.
Demo client initialized.
Executing file hltv.cfg.
hltv.cfg loaded.
Proxy module initialized.
Type 'help' for a list of commands.

Last edited by darrin; 12-08-2011 at 15:20.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2011 , 16:09   Re: HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #2

Just to clarify, hldsupdatetool has absolutely nothing to do with the dedicated server in Steam Tools. hldsupdatetool is for a standalone (does not require Steam) program for running servers and also has hltv.

Are you using the HLTV from hldsupdatetool? Where is the server located relative to the HLTV?

Last edited by fysiks; 12-08-2011 at 22:32. Reason: clarified.
darrin
Old 12-08-2011 , 16:25   Re: HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Just to clarify, hldsupdatetool has absolutely nothing to do with the dedicated server in Steam Tools. HLDS is a standalone (does not require Steam) program for running servers and also has hltv.

Are you using the HLTV from HLDS? Where is the server located relative to the HLTV?
I am using the dedicated server package downloaded from Steam-Tools. The game server is a rented listen server stored on FTP. I am trying to run hltv.exe from my Windows 7 home computer.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2011 , 18:13   Re: HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #4

I get the same output that you do when I start the Windows HLTV (via Dedicated Server) and I'm able to successfully connect to a plublic server. So, I'm not sure why you are having issues. You may just have to wait and see if any body else has come across this issue.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-08-2011 at 22:32.
darrin
Old 12-09-2011 , 05:03   Re: HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
I get the same output that you do when I start the Windows HLTV (via Dedicated Server) and I'm able to successfully connect to a plublic server. So, I'm not sure why you are having issues. You may just have to wait and see if any body else has come across this issue.
Hmmm, well maybe its because I banned another HLTV from my server which I didn't want.

I have sv_proxies 1 in my server.cfg file, and I know that the HLTV proxy actually connects to my listen server. The problem is that it crashes after like 1 second.

Maybe I can identify the problem on my server logs?

UPDATE: I finally managed to connect the HLTV proxy to my gameserver, just had to restart my game server.

Last edited by darrin; 04-10-2014 at 14:50. Reason: Fixed.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2011 , 16:49   Re: HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #6

Just to clarify, a listen server is the server that is created when you use the "New Game" button in the game. Therefore, a listen server is never created through a game service provider.
Old 12-10-2011 , 08:19   Re: HLTV errors
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Just to clarify, a listen server is the server that is created when you use the "New Game" button in the game. Therefore, a listen server is never created through a game service provider.
Okay.

Last edited by darrin; 04-10-2014 at 14:50.