BANNED
Old 09-04-2012 , 15:33   smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #1

Will it even detect it ?
Question is that simple.
ChocOrange
Old 09-08-2012 , 01:09   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #2

No. SMAC has no methods to detect model changes. It will detect aimbots etc to a certain degree.

Last edited by ChocOrange; 09-08-2012 at 01:10.
checkster
BANNED
Old 09-08-2012 , 10:10   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #3

Lol coc, cham bot is a aimbot. And I made this thread cause smac cant detect it, this I know cause I saw a dude use it on Tonys server.
ChocOrange
Old 09-08-2012 , 10:20   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #4

Chams are generally considered coloured models.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2012 , 13:59   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #5

You misunderstand how this works.

SMAC is not VAC. As far as I know, it has no way of detecting modifications that you've made to hl2.exe or any associated file, nor does it have any way of knowing what else you are running on your machine.

SMAC's Aimbot detection simply detects behaviors that might indicate aimbotting. This is why the default setting for this module is to make several detections before taking any action. A non-aimbotting sniper who just happened to make an incredibly lucky shot, turning 180 degrees and instantly getting a headshot, for example, may trigger a false detection.

Last edited by ddhoward; 09-08-2012 at 14:00.
checkster
BANNED
Old 09-08-2012 , 16:02   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
You misunderstand how this works.

SMAC is not VAC. As far as I know, it has no way of detecting modifications that you've made to hl2.exe or any associated file, nor does it have any way of knowing what else you are running on your machine.

SMAC's Aimbot detection simply detects behaviors that might indicate aimbotting. This is why the default setting for this module is to make several detections before taking any action. A non-aimbotting sniper who just happened to make an incredibly lucky shot, turning 180 degrees and instantly getting a headshot, for example, may trigger a false detection.

Rely ? I know how smac and vac works. And a 180 hs wont trigger a false detection.

I may have used the wrong name in the topic, but it is the aimbot that shoots when crossair is on the target, no button used. But I will send the demo to Tony when he gets back online.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-08-2012 , 16:22   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkster View Post
I may have used the wrong name in the topic, but it is the aimbot that shoots when crossair is on the target, no button used. But I will send the demo to Tony when he gets back online.
Triggerbot.
Old 09-08-2012 , 17:04   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Triggerbot.
But smac still wont detect it, for some reason.
Probably Tonys setting on his server come to think of it.

Last edited by checkster; 09-09-2012 at 08:39.
PIL0T
Old 09-08-2012 , 18:24   Re: smac vs cham bot
Reply With Quote #9

I heard the word "chams" "skins" and "models" used here, so for Half Life 2 Deathmatch
I needed to add my 2 cents in here for VAC security, and the developers of SMAC :
the SMAC and VAC, can keep your server safe, but there is something that is easily overlooked or misunderstood by many in the hl2dm and source community.
Please goto this website first and read up on sv_pure servers ---> https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sv_pure.
Then in the whitelist file you make called "pure_server_whitelist.txt" you will need these lines:
materials\... from_steam
materials\models\... from_steam
media\... from_steam
models\... from_steam
particles\... from_steam
scenes\... from_steam
scripts\... from_steam
shaders\... from_steam
sound\... from_steam
//(now we have a foundation of VAC protected files, now its time to add the things that should be allowed)
materials\decals\... allow_from_disk //custom logos (admin_plugin ETC)
materials\temp\... allow_from_disk //temp files
materials\vgui\... allow_from_disk //your spray paints are in here, in a folder called logos.
materials\vgui\*.* from_steam // only allows sub-directories, and disallows files, to be used in VGUI folder.
resource\... allow_from_disk // the custom crosshairs your friend gave you

// there might be a lot of folders to add in sounds
//this might seem like a hassle, be patient, here is 2 generic examples:
sound\quake3\... allow_from_disk //example for quake sounds
sound\admin_plugin\... allow_from_disk //example for sourcemod, or eventscripts) ETC . .

// do not use any caps or strange letters, or it may not work.
// double check spelling and context, then upload it to hl2mp folder of the server. (not the HTTP file server).
// go into your server.cfg, or autoexec.cfg, and add the line "sv_pure 1"

//you must restart the server and then cycle the map once for this to start working.

Now , After this short lesson, and about 5 minutes on Valve webpage, added to the time to make this text,
Go enjoy your Totally Cheat Free Server, thanks to Valve Developers and AlliedModders .

If you want to copy this text to other forums,
please give thanks and credit to Valve Developer Community and the AlliedModders for all the hard work they do.
I have much faith that, with just a little support to these programmers, that the ideal of safe servers, is right in our faces.

Last edited by PIL0T; 09-09-2012 at 00:21. Reason: added better description for VGUI folders and files, cleaned up quotation mark errors created by previewing