Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Looking for some bot plugins/cvars

Post New Thread Reply   

ddmjr22
Old 05-27-2018 , 14:52   [L4D2] Looking for some bot plugins/cvars
Reply With Quote #1

After compiling a several plugins together, I'm almost at a point where the bots are more efficient then actual players themselves. But, there are two things in particular that are holding them back from such perfection.

One of these problems is that bots don't seem to prioritize closer targets (referring to Ci) then farther ones. This causes them to sometimes ignore Ci that are already beating on them, in favor of shooting ci that are less of a treat farther away. I've actually even watched one of the bots almost get downed entirely from full health because of this. Letting just One Ci continue to attack them while killing farther ones in a panic event.
The only way I've found to fix this myself is to significantly lower their attack range, but this heavily decreases there overall efficiency when dealing with Si.

Another problem I've seen is that bots will also prioritize downed teammates regardless of what threat is near by. This can sometimes lead to all of the bots throwing away their lives trying to rescue a teammate downed by a tank.
Maybe some kind of plugin that constantly checks if there is an enraged tank alive, and if 'true', it restricts all ai from being able to revive there allies until false (tank death) or something like that.

If you do know a few plugins, or just cvars that fix both of these problems, or would like to know what plugins, addons, and cvars I'm using to enhance the bots, then feel free to let me know.

Last edited by ddmjr22; 05-27-2018 at 17:50.