Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.

Post New Thread Reply   

cnips
Old 06-29-2013 , 06:35   Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #1

Hi guys,

I have spent the last 2 bloody hours trying to install MetaMod onto my counter strike server and obviously i have had no luck hence this post. I know this question gets asked a lot as i feel i've read every post about it however non of the solutions that i have found have worked for me. I am hoping you guys will be able to pick out what i have done wrong.

Alright so here are the details.

CSS server installed via. SteamCMD on linux ubuntu 10.10
I have extracted the MM files like to this cstrike/addons/metamod with the .vdf file in the addons folder.

Now i have a su user called steam and inside of it is where i installed all the steamcmd stuff with my cstrike folder being within a folder called css_server. looking like this. steam/css_server/cstrike + co files.

Now when i have gone through the installation process and then check if it is working i get a response in the console saying

unknown command "meta"

Desperately hoping some one can help me out with this.

Cheers,
samsah
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-30-2013 , 01:19   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #2

Has it created metamod-fatal.log inside ../addons/metamod/bin/?
Does plugin_print say anything?
Old 06-30-2013 , 02:39   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #3

no metamod-fatal.log has been made. at the moment I have the latest snapshot of MM installed as well. Also when I type in plugin_print the following comes up.

Loaded plugins:
-------------------------
-------------------------

Which i assume means nothing is loaded haha. I actually cannot see what i am doing wrong, I have not stuffed around with any of the files except for the server.cfg. Would you suggest i just go through the process of reinstalling the server?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-30-2013 , 09:36   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #4

That means it isn't seeing the metamod.vdf file at all, are you sure it's there?
Old 06-30-2013 , 20:49   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #5

Yep it is there. I used the .vdf generator for counter strike source and placed it within cstrike/addons folder which is along side the MetaMod Folder. I re installed the server to see if having it all at default might of fixed it however that did not work either.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-01-2013 , 02:23   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnips View Post
Yep it is there. I used the .vdf generator for counter strike source and placed it within cstrike/addons folder which is along side the MetaMod Folder. I re installed the server to see if having it all at default might of fixed it however that did not work either.
What happens if you run
Code:
plugin_load <path in the metamod.vdf>
Old 07-01-2013 , 05:57   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #7

this is what i get when i try the command.

Code:
plugin_load /home/steam/css_server/cstrike/addons/metamod.vdf
 failed to dlopen /home/steam/css_server/cstrike/addons/metamod.so error=/home/steam/css_server/cstrike/addons/metamod.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
Unable to load plugin "/home/steam/css_server/cstrike/addons/metamod.vdf"
Unable to load plugin "/home/steam/css_server/cstrike/addons/metamod.vdf"
cnips
Old 07-01-2013 , 06:23   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #8

alright, well as the output from that previous command suggests it appeared that my steam user wasnt able to read the files as i created them as another user. So there we go.. problem solved, cheers guys!
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-01-2013 , 06:37   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnips View Post
alright, well as the output from that previous command suggests it appeared that my steam user wasnt able to read the files as i created them as another user. So there we go.. problem solved, cheers guys!
The path in the vdf file, not the path to the vdf file. If it's resolved... close enough, I guess .
Old 07-03-2013 , 20:44   Re: Issues with MetaMod Installing on Linux server.
Reply With Quote #10

I am having a similar problem for our L4D2 server, though my solution does not appear to be with user permissions.

Code:
10:39:36 meta list
10:39:36 Unknown command "meta"
The metamod.vdf file is present and in the correct folder.

I also get the following:

Code:
10:13:55 plugin_print
10:13:55 Loaded plugins:
         ---------------------
         ---------------------
Code:
10:16:46 plugin_load /left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/server
10:16:46 Unable to load plugin "/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/server"
         Unable to load plugin "/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/server"
And the metamod-fatal.log contains the following:
Code:
L 07/03/2013 - 23:02:47: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)
L 07/03/2013 - 23:06:13: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)
L 07/03/2013 - 23:06:26: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)
L 07/03/2013 - 23:20:08: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)
L 07/03/2013 - 23:24:04: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)
L 07/03/2013 - 23:24:27: Detected engine 8 but could not load: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/libvstdlib.so)
There are no lib folders or files that I can see anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.