Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is it possible to replace the game engine's ban message with sourcebans?

Post New Thread Reply   

Darkwob
BANNED
Old 08-03-2021 , 06:50   Is it possible to replace the game engine's ban message with sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, when a player I have banned with Sourcebans wants to re-login to the game in less than 5 minutes, the Game engine's ban kicks in and it doesn't look pretty from a view point of view. I want to replace this message with Sourcebans message. i.e. instead of engine ban message, I want continuous sourcebans message to appear. I believe the pictures below will tell you everything.

This article appears when a Player is banned.

but the text in this picture appears when she tries to log in to the server again.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 08-03-2021 , 12:02   Re: Is it possible to replace the game engine's ban message with sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #2

Then edit the Sourcebans source code to always kick the player instead of banning them. You can only display custom messages when kicking players.
Darkwob
BANNED
Old 08-04-2021 , 14:25   Re: Is it possible to replace the game engine's ban message with sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Then edit the Sourcebans source code to always kick the player instead of banning them. You can only display custom messages when kicking players.
Where should I make the changes? so which banclint code should i replace with kickclient?
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 08-04-2021 , 20:43   Re: Is it possible to replace the game engine's ban message with sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwob View Post
Where should I make the changes? so which banclint code should i replace with kickclient?
Yes. Just make it like the other kick is.

Last edited by Sreaper; 08-04-2021 at 20:45.