Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Implements unused reactions lines for (currently only Ellis & Rochelle) when they are being carried by a charger
    Old 03-31-2015 , 05:52   [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #1

About : Unknown to many people, there are unused lines for Ellis and Rochelle where they react to a charger charging and carrying them, this plugin simply restores these lines.

Some Example Pictures and a Video:
    Spoiler

This plugin requires scene processor to compile, and the scene processor plugin to function.

CVARs :
    Code:
    no CVARS
    Code:
    Version 1.0    03-31-2015
    - Initial Release
    Bugs :
    Code:
    - Plugin is expected to be 100% Bug free
    Fun Fact : During the Cinematic L4D2 Intro, Ellis says "He's got me!" When a charger gets him, that line happens to be one of the restored lines for this plugin.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 04-01-2015 at 19:59.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 03-31-2015 , 05:56   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #2

"But DeathChaos, if a voice line is not found within the game_sounds_<survivor>.txt file, these lines are unusable in the game!"

Who said this applies to plugins as well?

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 03-31-2015 at 05:59.
    id5473
    Old 04-01-2015 , 15:19   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #3

maybe just call the plugin "Plugin that plays a wave file (which happens to be a survivor voice line) when a charger grabs a him/her" to avoid confusion.

btw.. there are also lines for breaking props.. (like the windows in dead center) mechanik/worldc1m1b74.wav ++

break_prop
    entindex ( long )
    userid ( short )

at it boi!

btw.. wouldn't it be easier to just add all these hooks in one plugin and then use a cvar to allow people which ones to use (like melee sounds / grunts / this one..)

Last edited by id5473; 04-01-2015 at 15:22.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 04-01-2015 , 15:51   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
    maybe just call the plugin "Plugin that plays a wave file (which happens to be a survivor voice line) when a charger grabs a him/her" to avoid confusion.

btw.. there are also lines for breaking props.. (like the windows in dead center) mechanik/worldc1m1b74.wav ++

break_prop
    entindex ( long )
    userid ( short )

at it boi!

btw.. wouldn't it be easier to just add all these hooks in one plugin and then use a cvar to allow people which ones to use (like melee sounds / grunts / this one..)
    But it does what it says it does?

If it where just a .wav file, it would not produce any Closed Captions to appear (like the melee grunts plugin), but in this one (as seen in the pictures after april's fools wears off and they return to the upright position) actually restores the appropriate scene file which causes the closed captions to appear and unlike melee grunts, this one is subject to the normal talker file's rules, meaning you cannot cancel another scene with this one (like melee grunts, it will cancel whatever scene the survivor is playing)

I know there are also lines for when the survivors throw boomer biles at each other (friendly fire with bile), Ellis is supposed to have some comments when throwing the bile ("Get that Tank ya'll!"), and Nick also has some reactions to when he says "Grabing Puke!" he was supposed to follow up with "I can't believe I just said that" or "For some reason...", a lot of unused lines, I messaged Bazrael (creator of Modified Talker) and if he can make an updates version with all the unused lines, I can make a plugin that forces all of the ones that wouldn't work to function correctly (like this plugin for example).
    Old 04-01-2015 , 16:14   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #5

did i say it didn't? ;)
    tbh i didn't open the spoiler tag and merely assumed it's like your other plugins
    but i see now you fire the scene via sceneprocessor which provides the subtitle and then play the wave to provide the sound for it. good thinking.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 04-01-2015 , 19:03   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #6

Anyways, here's a video with the unused Boomer Bile Nick lines I mentioned.

EDIT : Also added a video of this plugin to the main post because AlliedModder's picture reversal in April 1st is too stronk

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 04-01-2015 at 20:00.
    id5473
    Old 04-02-2015 , 08:58   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
    ...this one is subject to the normal talker file's rules, meaning you cannot cancel another scene with this one...
    .. but wait.. doesn't the wav file fire no mater if sceneprocessor decides to play the scene or not?
    so even if the sceneprocessor realizes someone talkes already and thus won't play the scene.. the wav will be played regardless?
    DeathChaos25
    Old 04-02-2015 , 09:04   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
    .. but wait.. doesn't the wav file fire no mater if sceneprocessor decides to play the scene or not?
    so even if the sceneprocessor realizes someone talkes already and thus won't play the scene.. the wav will be played regardless?
    Hah, that's what you'd think.

Scene Processor has a function called IsActorBusy, this function checks to see if the client is already vocalizing.

I added this check before applying the scene, meaning if the client is already vocalizing the plugin simply won't fire, and neither will the wave file or the scene file

PHP Code:
    if (IsActorBusy(client))
        {
            return;
        } 
    </span>
    Old 04-02-2015 , 19:58   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
    Ellis is supposed to have some comments when throwing the bile ("Get that Tank ya'll!")
    This line can work in current version. To try out other dubbings I CAN'T SUCCEED.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 04-12-2015 , 13:40   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Carried By Charger Vocalization Restore
    Reply With Quote #10

There are some interesting unused lines for the passing too.