8% 

how to make dedicated server? help me

Post New Thread Reply   

thewintersoldier97
Old 10-09-2021 , 15:40   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahyun4220 View Post
And when I go into the server, it pops up like this.

Seems fine to me, unless it isn't YOUR server...

Quote:
The plugin doesn't work either. Aren't it supposed to put all the plugin meta mode source mode in the dedicated folder?
Yes, copy the sourcemod and metamod folder directly into \common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server\left4dead2\addons, the plugins fall under sourcemod folder. You can check by typing "sm plugins list" in the server console.

Quote:
and When I open the server, the steam start button is already on so how should I start the game?

And on the dedicated server, is addon still working?

what the hell .. ㅜ.ㅜ
If you want to host the server and play at the same time, I suggest you follow the instruction bellow made by sbrblz:
Create a batch file, such as "runserver.bat" in the \common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server folder, with the following code:
PHP Code:
start "" srcds -usercon -console -insecure -dev -game left4dead2 -port 27000 +hostname "Game Server" +map c8m1_apartment +maxplayers 8 +sv_lan 1 
Config it with your own liking, then create a shortcut to the batch file and place it on your desktop. To play on the same machine as the dedicated server, you can launch the batch file before starting Steam. If you do that, you can start and exit L4D2 as many times as you want as long as the server is still running. If Steam is already running, you have to launch L4D2 first, and then the server.

Cheers!
dahyun4220
Old 10-10-2021 , 01:18   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Seems fine to me, unless it isn't YOUR server...

Yes, copy the sourcemod and metamod folder directly into \common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server\left4dead2\addons, the plugins fall under sourcemod folder. You can check by typing "sm plugins list" in the server console.

If you want to host the server and play at the same time, I suggest you follow the instruction bellow made by sbrblz:
Create a batch file, such as "runserver.bat" in the \common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server folder, with the following code:
PHP Code:
start "" srcds -usercon -console -insecure -dev -game left4dead2 -port 27000 +hostname "Game Server" +map c8m1_apartment +maxplayers 8 +sv_lan 1 
Config it with your own liking, then create a shortcut to the batch file and place it on your desktop. To play on the same machine as the dedicated server, you can launch the batch file before starting Steam. If you do that, you can start and exit L4D2 as many times as you want as long as the server is still running. If Steam is already running, you have to launch L4D2 first, and then the server.

Cheers!
I put the plugin properly in the folder, but it doesn't work. And people don't come into the server either.
And I made server.cfg in the cfg folder and changed the game mode to Versus, but this doesn't apply either.
nooooooooooo ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Last edited by dahyun4220; 10-10-2021 at 01:20.
thewintersoldier97
Old 10-10-2021 , 03:38   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
I put the plugin properly in the folder, but it doesn't work. And people don't come into the server either.
And I made server.cfg in the cfg folder and changed the game mode to Versus, but this doesn't apply either.
nooooooooooo ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
  1. Have you checked by the admin command I gave earlier? "sm plugins refresh" and then "sm plugins list".
  2. Find some friends and let they join in/searching from the server browser see if they can find your server or not.
  3. Your server is up and running doesn't mean there's always people come in, cause there's a lot of servers already.
  4. Type "exec server.cfg" in the server's console after everytime you make some change to manually apply it.
dahyun4220
Old 10-10-2021 , 03:56   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
  1. Have you checked by the admin command I gave earlier? "sm plugins refresh" and then "sm plugins list".
  2. Find some friends and let they join in/searching from the server browser see if they can find your server or not.
  3. Your server is up and running doesn't mean there's always people come in, cause there's a lot of servers already.
  4. Type "exec server.cfg" in the server's console after everytime you make some change to manually apply it.

What kind of error is this?
I set the password.

Last edited by dahyun4220; 10-10-2021 at 04:01.
thewintersoldier97
Old 10-10-2021 , 05:56   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:

What kind of error is this?
I set the password.
Don't use password / name authentication on sourcemod. You would have better security if you just set your steam ID as owner. Just delete the other 2 line on you ini file.
dahyun4220
Old 10-10-2021 , 07:06   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Don't use password / name authentication on sourcemod. You would have better security if you just set your steam ID as owner. Just delete the other 2 line on you ini file.
Now I can enter the server.
however Do people normally come in as soon as you make the server?
could you do it remotely?ㅠ,ㅠ

Last edited by dahyun4220; 10-10-2021 at 07:35.
thewintersoldier97
Old 10-10-2021 , 07:43   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Now I can enter the server.
however Do people normally come in as soon as you make the server?
could you do it remotely?ㅠ,ㅠ
No idea, you can try launch it through some Server Manager and see if it work. seDirector or Source Admin Tool for example.
dahyun4220
Old 10-10-2021 , 07:46   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
no idea, you can try launch it through some server manager and see if it work. Sedirector or source admin tool for example.
I just want to change to Linux server. Is it hard to do?

Last edited by dahyun4220; 10-10-2021 at 07:46.
thewintersoldier97
Old 10-10-2021 , 10:06   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
I just want to change to Linux server. Is it hard to do?
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience on creating a Linux server so I can't help you with this.
dahyun4220
Old 10-10-2021 , 10:41   Re: how to make dedicated server? help me
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience on creating a Linux server so I can't help you with this.
Is the local server and the window server similar to each other?

Last edited by dahyun4220; 10-10-2021 at 10:42.