Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Tf2: Last 5 seconds kill cam (This time with an actual concept of how to do it)

Post New Thread Reply   

TheDragonfiend
Old 01-21-2013 , 20:03   Tf2: Last 5 seconds kill cam (This time with an actual concept of how to do it)
Reply With Quote #1

If i sound pissy its because i spent half an hour typing up my concept for this and the forums logged me off due to a fricken timeout *Facepalm.gif*

Anyway.

The concept is to have a demo constantly recording serverside and when a player dies feed that demo to the killed player starting at a tick which is before the death tick (defined via cvar) so death tick - 5... and is automatically spectating the killer and ends on the death tick or slightly after.

This was an extremely detailed idea and had my own ideas on how it would be implemented and a pros and cons list etc etc... but you get the idea...

Anyway anyone interested? I can pay between 20-40 if i have to (not because thats my budget but because i dont think the pugin is even worth $5 but i need to compensate for time used *Sigh*)
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-21-2013 , 20:11   Re: Tf2: Last 5 seconds kill cam (This time with an actual concept of how to do it)
Reply With Quote #2

Not possible without client side modding. Definitely worth WAY WAY WAY more than $20-40.
TheDragonfiend
Old 01-21-2013 , 20:37   Re: Tf2: Last 5 seconds kill cam (This time with an actual concept of how to do it)
Reply With Quote #3

Maybe for the effort required to get it done but not for what it actually does (Couple hundred bucks so we can see 5 seconds of someone killing us... 0_o )
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-21-2013 , 21:38   Re: Tf2: Last 5 seconds kill cam (This time with an actual concept of how to do it)
Reply With Quote #4

Typically you pay people for their time

Last edited by noodleboy347; 01-21-2013 at 22:42.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-22-2013 , 02:08   Re: Tf2: Last 5 seconds kill cam (This time with an actual concept of how to do it)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonfiend View Post
Anyway anyone interested? I can pay between 20-40 if i have to (not because thats my budget but because i dont think the pugin is even worth $5 but i need to compensate for time used *Sigh*)
If adequately compensating a programmer for their time is such an inconvenience, you should feel free to write your project yourself.